"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:18 pm

If anything, Cumber as a SSJ4 would probably look a lot like Full Power SSJ4.

I kinda like the SSJ3 path that he is following. We got a Full Power SSJ3, why not have a Super Full Power SSJ3 to end this path? There is Max Power SSJ4, but also Ultra Full Power SSJ4. Get my point?

Still, Cumber has all the requirements to become a SSJ4. Anyway, I was taken back by Trunks SSJG. That was something. To be honest, I always kinda expected Gohan to get Super Saiyan God, with the Elder Kai's techniques and his training regiments with Shin and Kibito. Meh

Kamioren's design is straight Anilaza imo. No comment there. They could have done something more unique. Something to resemble Baby at least. If they aimed for that with a huge form that looks intimidating like Golden Great Ape Baby they failed for me.

Are there any new characters in that scan? I see a white haired girl. Who is she?
P O W E R

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:18 pm If anything, Cumber as a SSJ4 would probably look a lot like Full Power SSJ4.

I kinda like the SSJ3 path that he is following. We got a Full Power SSJ3, why not have a Super Full Power SSJ3 to end this path? There is Max Power SSJ4, but also Ultra Full Power SSJ4. Get my point?

Still, Cumber has all the requirements to become a SSJ4. Anyway, I was taken back by Trunks SSJG. That was something. To be honest, I always kinda expected Gohan to get Super Saiyan God, with the Elder Kai's techniques and his training regiments with Shin and Kibito. Meh

Kamioren's design is straight Anilaza imo. No comment there. They could have done something more unique. Something to resemble Baby at least. If they aimed for that with a huge form that looks intimidating like Golden Great Ape Baby they failed for me.

Are there any new characters in that scan? I see a white haired girl. Who is she?
By all rights, Cumber should've gone S4 the moment he went Golden Great Ape, since he was still in control of himself.

The white-haired girl is brainwashed Kaioshin of Time.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:14 pm But that was for the Broly film, not for SDBH. SSG XTrunks is the S4-hype equivalent for later this year.
I know that it was due to the Broly film. What I'm saying is that V4 was probably made Bandai knew in advance that Gogeta would become SSB so they went ahead and turned Vegito SSJ4 to avoid gimping the game side by lacking a new fancy transformation for one of the most popular guys around. So, what if this time is a similar case? What if an element previously restricted to the games is making an appearance in the manga or an upcoming animated project and that's why they decided to even things out again, by giving a game only character a transformation that was previously restricted to those characters from the animated/manga side?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:23 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:18 pm If anything, Cumber as a SSJ4 would probably look a lot like Full Power SSJ4.

By all rights, Cumber should've gone S4 the moment he went Golden Great Ape, since he was still in control of himself.

The white-haired girl is brainwashed Kaioshin of Time.
Dang it that's new! I knew that she was brainwashed, but not that much that her appearance changed or something. Is she controlled by young Mechikabura? And is she in her Toki no chikara kaiho form?
P O W E R

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:23 pm I know that it was due to the Broly film. What I'm saying is that V4 was probably made Bandai knew in advance that Gogeta would become SSB so they went ahead and turned Vegito SSJ4 to avoid gimping the game side by lacking a new fancy transformation for one of the most popular guys around. So, what if this time is a similar case? What if an element previously restricted to the games is making an appearance in the manga or an upcoming animated project and that's why they decided to even things out again, by giving a game only character a transformation that was previously restricted to those characters from the animated/manga side?
I highly doubt it, but I give the V4-Gogeta Blue theory more credit since the Cumber-Broly parallel exists. I suspect it's because the game has been saturated by so many S4's lately that they want to break away from the mold and do something more fresh.

The manga doesn't seem to be heading towards that direction, but I def wouldn't put it past Toyotarou to allude to something GT-related in DBS later on.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:45 pm Dang it that's new! I knew that she was brainwashed, but not that much that her appearance changed or something. Is she controlled by young Mechikabura? And is she in her Toki no chikara kaiho form?
Yes brainwashed = under control by Mechikaboola, that's been the case since UVM7, plus we've known that her appearance had changed color schemes with her latest card from UVM9:

So it would make sense that her Time Unleashed form from SDBH8 would also keep her brainwashed color scheme.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:27 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:23 pm I know that it was due to the Broly film. What I'm saying is that V4 was probably made Bandai knew in advance that Gogeta would become SSB so they went ahead and turned Vegito SSJ4 to avoid gimping the game side by lacking a new fancy transformation for one of the most popular guys around. So, what if this time is a similar case? What if an element previously restricted to the games is making an appearance in the manga or an upcoming animated project and that's why they decided to even things out again, by giving a game only character a transformation that was previously restricted to those characters from the animated/manga side?
I highly doubt it, but I give the V4-Gogeta Blue theory more credit since the Cumber-Broly parallel exists. I suspect it's because the game has been saturated by so many S4's lately that they want to break away from the mold and do something more fresh.

The manga doesn't seem to be heading towards that direction, but I def wouldn't put it past Toyotarou to allude to something GT-related in DBS later on.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:45 pm Dang it that's new! I knew that she was brainwashed, but not that much that her appearance changed or something. Is she controlled by young Mechikabura? And is she in her Toki no chikara kaiho form?
Yes brainwashed = under control by Mechikaboola, that's been the case since UVM7, plus we've known that her appearance had changed color schemes with her latest card from UVM9:

So it would make sense that her Time Unleashed form from SDBH8 would also keep her brainwashed color scheme.
Astounding. Thank you for the information! I appreciate it! I want to be involved with heroes more and more. It is so interesting to me!
P O W E R

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:23 pm

SSG XTrunks looks HOT. So this is what they brought XPan for, instead of giving her new transformations they just wanted to set up the stage for a god ritual. :lol: I dig it and welcome it. UVM 11 can't come out fast enough already.

Just something to point out, within the scope of all DBH/SDBH content, XTrunks isn't technically the first Time Patroller to go SSG. That was the XGoku in DBH: Ultimate Mission X, where his history is based off of the DBS timeline instead of the Z/GT timeline.
LMAO!!! you are so right :clap: :clap: :clap: , they were planning to go on this route from the beginning and nobody saw it coming because the last thing anybody thought was to see SSG in the Demon Realm Saga.

But maybe just maybe we could see SS4 outside of the anniversary thing for once, not like there are too much characters left for that, hope this doesn't mean Trunks will be stuck with SSG forever and never have SS4 like Goten with Ultimate and nothing else.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Gt91 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:44 am New kamioren form

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dra ... 0721105102
Can't wait for Piccolo and 17 to take down this beast.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm really curious as to the in-story explanation for Trunk getting the form and no Goku or Vegeta Xeno, and what role will Broly, Bardock and King Vegeta play, if any. Did they disappear in the same way that the manga showed?

Also, some actual interaction between Bardock Xeno and Goku Xeno would be fantastic.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm I'm really curious as to the in-story explanation for Trunk getting the form and no Goku or Vegeta Xeno, and what role will Broly, Bardock and King Vegeta play, if any. Did they disappear in the same way that the manga showed?

Also, some actual interaction between Bardock Xeno and Goku Xeno would be fantastic.
If it isn't done thru Ritual then it was probably done by Robelu and her magic and if that's the case then I'm cool with it...I've never seen so many Saiyans in one setting before

It's a Saiyan fest

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:01 pm

Rakurai by any chance will you be updating the Arcade translations Today for the Universal Conflict Saga

This for me but I assume this is Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBHVaYvmqFM and Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bRzmcr4STo of the new chapter

Can't wait for the final battle with the core area warriors (Hopefully it ends in UM11 and Cumber is the only one of the group that survives & maybe Zamasu too)

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Princess Trunks is redheaded now, DBZA Broly aproves.

Anyway, that thing in Pepsiman's Kamioren's chest is the Universe Seed?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:16 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:29 pm Princess Trunks is redheaded now, DBZA Broly aproves.

Anyway, that thing in Pepsiman's Kamioren's chest is the Universe Seed?
That's what I was thinking too but didn't want to assume or anything

why would they need to merge with the seed if the seed alone is powerful enough to create a universe? are they a sort of host or contraption for the seed to be mobile and use it's powers on the go?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Sticking with Toriyama's logic and keeping it separated by continuities... I'm so glad Heroes thinks the same as me in most occasions. Doing the ritual is less silly than getting Super Saiyan God through training, as it was stated to be the case in Toei's continuity for Vegeta.

Kinda want to see the ritual somehow (in the UM11 animated trailer would be cool) as we didn't see them performing for Vegeta in the movies (and in the manga, for that matter. If Toyotaro also goes for the ritual, that is). Let's see if Super Saiyan Xeno Pan is also in the plans, which doesn't seem like it.

Got a better look at Super Saiyan God Xeno Trunks in the computer now... Kinda "meh". Short hair would probably be better. I liked that Dimps tried to make it just a little bit different by flipping a few ends, though. Now if only Super Saiyan 2 Bardock and the avatars got this attention...
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

xm0c

Post by xm0c » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:17 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:54 am
Is Kid Chi-Chi finally going to be playable? If so it's about time we got more OG Dragon Ball love. Definitely feel like it's the most underrepresented of the 4 anime.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:24 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:32 pm Astounding. Thank you for the information! I appreciate it! I want to be involved with heroes more and more. It is so interesting to me!
Yep, I'm sure everyone here would be happy to help you. People complain about Super 2.0 not happening and here we are still getting so much more content and hype for future SDBH releases, it's almost criminal (not that I think Super 2.0 could make a better story/plot than SDBH anyhow, and the Moro arc hasn't really been that interesting overall compared to SDBH).
Dragotaker wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:23 pm LMAO!!! you are so right :clap: :clap: :clap: , they were planning to go on this route from the beginning and nobody saw it coming because the last thing anybody thought was to see SSG in the Demon Realm Saga.

But maybe just maybe we could see SS4 outside of the anniversary thing for once, not like there are too much characters left for that, hope this doesn't mean Trunks will be stuck with SSG forever and never have SS4 like Goten with Ultimate and nothing else.
I forget, do the five Saiyans need to have access to SS? I recall all of them being transformed when the ritual for Goku happened... but Videl obv wasn't one... so I'm not sure, maybe they could tentatively give XPan SS based on that technicality.

I'm not sure they'd delegate S4 to non-announcement status. Maybe they can start doing double debuts as well, one SSG and one S4, if they want to raise the bar to the next level.
Noitsnothim wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:01 pm Rakurai by any chance will you be updating the Arcade translations Today for the Universal Conflict Saga

This for me but I assume this is Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBHVaYvmqFM and Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bRzmcr4STo of the new chapter

Can't wait for the final battle with the core area warriors (Hopefully it ends in UM11 and Cumber is the only one of the group that survives & maybe Zamasu too)
Honestly there's not much meat to the dialogue this time around. I gave an outline earlier, and honestly the outline basically covers all the interesting things that happened. Currently getting into doing a few other translation projects that I think y'all will appreciate, but maybe I can try to get to it before the end of this month.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:23 am

I forget, do the five Saiyans need to have access to SS? I recall all of them being transformed when the ritual for Goku happened... but Videl obv wasn't one... so I'm not sure, maybe they could tentatively give XPan SS based on that technicality.

I'm not sure they'd delegate S4 to non-announcement status. Maybe they can start doing double debuts as well, one SSG and one S4, if they want to raise the bar to the next level.
I don't think that SSJ is required. However, anyone can be a pure of heart Saiyan. If they truly want to make it special, let the ritual members be pure of heart Super Saiyans. We know that the form itself is malicious and has hate within it. Only those pure enough can create a Super Saiyan God. Because 6 evil Saiyans could try and fail. My thought though...

As for Videl, she was consumed by Super Saiyan power and entered a similar state. So apparently, the ritual can be completed even if there is a missing Super Saiyan? Anyway. It might just be that Pan is special. If anything, I think that Ultimate Pan would work out better than Ultimate Goten did. Give Goten SSJ2 and boom, done.
P O W E R

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:30 am

Just had this wild thought. Moro, imo, can help a lot with the continuation of the Dragon Ball mythos.

A powerful wizard with connection to many prisoners from the Galactic Prison. If anything, Moro could have been an ally of Ahms and Sealas. Having corrupted the Patroller with Jaco and Merus helping him gain his consciousness back.

With Moro releasing all prisoners, we could set the stage for Bojack's return with his crew.

And if Moro died, I think that it would be epic if he was somehow familiar with the Demon Realm and released energy that broke the seal to the dimension. Our heroes wouldn't know immediately, but this could set the stage for the introduction of the Demon realm to Super. And then even stuff like the Prison Planet and universe Conflict arc could occur, with Fu being a byproduct of the Demon Realm saga, like in Heroes.
P O W E R

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:23 am . So apparently, the ritual can be completed even if there is a missing Super Saiyan?
the ritual requires 5 Saiyan, nowhere was stated they were to be Super Saiyan

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:42 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:23 am . So apparently, the ritual can be completed even if there is a missing Super Saiyan?
the ritual requires 5 Saiyan, nowhere was stated they were to be Super Saiyan
Doesn't this create a massive plot hole? Many Saiyans knew of the legend before they went extinct. Many would have tried. Of course Saiyans weren't that pure of heart, but damn isn't that a very general audience. Everyone could have gone Super Saiyan God. If Freeza and Cold posed a threat they could simply select the strongest Saiyan and make him a Super Saiyan God.

Even the failed ritual produced a warrior stronger than anything our heroes knew. Failed ritual SSJ Goku could be above Super Vegito. Pretty much he was like God's Crimson Radiance, but before experiencing SSJG.
P O W E R