"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pmDoesn't this create a massive plot hole?
No, but it does create an odd thing. You see, when the previous Super Saiyan God appeared, I don't think the Saiyans involved were transformed into Super Saiyan. Otherwise there would be no reason for said transformation to be a legend. Six (seven if you count Bardock) Super Saiyans would have existed in the history.

Somehow the ritual still works even when the characters are transformed into Super Saiyan, but it was originally done by Saiyans in their base form.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pmPretty much he was like God's Crimson Radiance, but before experiencing SSJG.
And what the heck is that? Another name for Saiyan beyond God?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pmDoesn't this create a massive plot hole?
No, but it does create an odd thing. You see, when the previous Super Saiyan God appeared, I don't think the Saiyans involved were transformed into Super Saiyan. Otherwise there would be no reason for said transformation to be a legend. Six (seven if you count Bardock) Super Saiyans would have existed in the history.

Somehow the ritual still works even when the characters are transformed into Super Saiyan, but it was originally done by Saiyans in their base form.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pmPretty much he was like God's Crimson Radiance, but before experiencing SSJG.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm

The state in which Goku entered after absorbing the power of a SSJG as A SSJ. Beers stated that although a Super Saiyan, the "Crimson fire" (or something like that) of Super Saiyan God, was radiating from him. Perhaps the power of the form as he lost God Ki abilities. I don't think it is the same with Saiyan Beyond God.

It is a terminology that I have seen used again, in other communities and apparently the Wiki also uses it.
P O W E R

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Low quality animated intro for UMV10

https://twitter.com/JJms1702/status/115 ... 73697?s=19

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:48 pm

Rakurai wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm While we're on the topic of GT, I just want to note how hard SDBH has been driving GT lately, not only in casting the current Demon realm story setting in the GT world, but also with the "Age of DB: Episode GT," the new GT campaign cards, and the new GT Goku SEC (the one with the GT opening 2 Kamehameha). Hell even the website has been redesigned to include GT on one half, and the Universe Survival arc in the other. And one obv cannot discount the influence that SDBH has across Japan in terms of marketing the franchise either.

In addition to the above and not even counting other video game highlights/appearances such from Dokkan or Legends, GT has been re-airing on Tokyo MX on Tuesdays at 22:00 JST and several new merch lineups for the S4s have been coming out within the past year.

What does this all tell me, seems like there's been a resurgence of popularity for GT in Japan again at the very least.
Do you smell that good smell of potential for Dragon Ball Super ? What I mean ? Well let's DBGTize Dragon Ball Super by giving Super some lore from DBGT (It has already started Ikari form)
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:50 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:43 pm Low quality animated intro for UMV10

https://twitter.com/JJms1702/status/115 ... 73697?s=19
P O W E R

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:53 pm

LQ CG trailer for UMV11

https://twitter.com/ginbaman2/status/11 ... 03936?s=19

It is possible to translate the dialogue?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:53 pm LQ CG trailer for UMV11

https://twitter.com/ginbaman2/status/11 ... 03936?s=19

It is possible to translate the dialogue?
The Time Patrol are fighting against the Demon gods and Mechikaboola's forces. The Time Patrol converge with Kaioshin of Time. Goku and Vegeta complain about the situation.

Kaioshin of Time says that there's only one way in which they may be able to overcome this tight situation. According to what she heard from an Angel (?!), there's a passing legend that if five Saiyans of pure heart pool their power into one person, said person will gain power identical to a god (where have we heard that before...? Hmm...). Pan (humorously) points to herself, but Kaioshin of Time suggests XTrunks, assuring him it's okay. He accepts.

Majin Poutine attacks their base. A red pillar of energy shoots and hits two ships. A figure emerges from red flame-like aura. Majin Towa: "What the hell?!"

We see red-haired XTrunks. Kaioshin of Time: "According to the legend, you'll become... a Super Saiyan God!"

EDIT: Just noticed... the Time Patrol are back to their original outfits from SDBH1-8 in the CG teaser. Not sure if this will carry on to UVM11 tho, it could've just been an oversight.

Also this goes without saying, but it seems Kaioshin of Time has been freed from Mechikaboola's mind control by UVM11. Still bothers me how the hell XPan was just shoehorned into the story sort of randomly just for this ritual. At least Nagayama seems to be fixing this in his manga by using GT Pan.
Last edited by Rakurai on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Well, the UVM11 CGI teaser w/ SSG XTrunks basically confirms that none of the Saiyans, including XGoku, ever knew about SSG much less have done the ritual for it. So we can put to rest the possibility of SDBH XGoku fighting Beerus as a SSG at one point in his history (since there was still some skepticism about it online), and keep that within the history of XGoku from DBH: UMX.
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:48 pm Do you smell that good smell of potential for Dragon Ball Super ? What I mean ? Well let's DBGTize Dragon Ball Super by giving Super some lore from DBGT (It has already started Ikari form)
Or let's just have a timeline cross-over of GT and Super worlds in a DC Crisis on Infinite Earth style featuring the Time Patrol, Earth-1 Goku, Earth-2 Goku, etc. :lol:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:50 pm I suppose that Super Hearts will get enough power from the Universe Seed that will allow him to go from low Blue level to MUI level. He did say that he wanted to fight Goku with MUI, upon seeing the latter using Ultra Instinct Omen.

As for Chronoa, Broly, Goku Xeno and Trunks Xeno, I doubt that anything of importance was shown. They could have hinted Trunks' SSJG power at least....
In the arcade, Super Hearts and S3 Cumber fight against Goku, Hit, Jiren, and Golden Metal Cooler at the same time. I posted the outline of UVM9 a while back:
Rakurai wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:44 am Went through whatever was available of the UVM9 Universe Survival arc. Outline:
  • Setting is in U7.
  • Fuu brings over Metal Cooler. Metal Cooler can turn Golden.
  • Fuu leaves immediately because he says it'd be bad if Hearts read his heart.
  • Metal Cooler seems to be obsessed with Cumber for some reason.
  • Jiren and Hit are present, through a request by Shin. Jiren claims that what Hearts did to U11 is a sin too big.
  • KamiOren vs Goku, Jiren, and Hit.
  • Super Hearts and S3 Cumber vs. Goku, Jiren, Hit, and Golden Metal Cooler. GM Cooler overheats after the battle.
  • Hearts with the same rambling about how his Universe Seed will be completed and his ambitions fulfilled.
No sign of No. 17 or Piccolo in the dialogue, but the Legend clear does require the player to use them so I guess that's how they're involved.

Also I haven't watched the latest SDBH promotional anime episode, but from what I've seen of clips SSB Goku fights Super Hearts alone...? Yeah no lol, in the arcade Super Hearts and S3 Cumber fight Goku, Jiren, Hit, and Golden Metal Cooler all at the same time. Super Hearts is that strong (or not that weak, whichever way you look at it).
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 pm The state in which Goku entered after absorbing the power of a SSJG as A SSJ. Beers stated that although a Super Saiyan, the "Crimson fire" (or something like that) of Super Saiyan God, was radiating from him. Perhaps the power of the form as he lost God Ki abilities. I don't think it is the same with Saiyan Beyond God.

It is a terminology that I have seen used again, in other communities and apparently the Wiki also uses it.
We still using the DB Wiki at this point? Not only does it have incomplete and sometimes false SDBH information for many characters as we've discussed before, it also has a reputation of making up attack names.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Thanks for the explanation Rakurai!!

So this confirms that SSG>SS4, uh?

:cry:

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:09 pm Thanks for the explanation Rakurai!!

...? None of the Time Patrol were even visibly transformed when they were fighting, which is what bothers me about the teaser.

We also know that CG teasers can and do differ greatly from what actually happens in the arcade, like with V4. In the V4 CG teaser, the Xeno duo immediately fused against base Cumber, whereas in the arcade they fused once SS Cumber went SS3.

I would wait until UVM11 is released before you jump the gun and start comparing forms around.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:48 pm

Very true.

Still, the way transformations work in the series is that the new one is always better than the previous one. By the same token, if SS4 were to be introduced in Super, it would be better than Blue by default.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:05 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:09 pm Thanks for the explanation Rakurai!!

in terms of form? probably. but that is irrelevant in terms of the person using it. for example, ssj4 xeno goku rivals ssb goku, so obviously ssjg goku falls behind

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:48 pm

whats up with that Broly form?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:50 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:48 pm Very true.

Still, the way transformations work in the series is that the new one is always better than the previous one. By the same token, if SS4 were to be introduced in Super, it would be better than Blue by default.
But this is not a new form to the series, or even introduced to the context of the Time Patrol since XGoku/Vegeta have encountered their SSG/B counterparts. XVegeta even berated SSG Goku for his sloppy performance in UVM5. I personally don't believe XTrunks is so much absurdly stronger than CC Vegeta. This is just an alternative for XTrunks. It's just a step above SS3 for XTrunks. I don't see how it's supposed to be automatically above SS4. As Higuchi-san (game producer) mentioned after the teaser, it's Trunks, the celebrated first DBH character to get SS3 (in the context of DBH transformations), simply finally getting a new transformation after 8.5 years.

In-story, we don't know the circumstances/context behind it. Perhaps they were severely weakened and needed another quick power-up to fend off the invaders. Perhaps this is the method they needed to resort in order to increase their overall battle strength at the time since there's no way to achieve SS4 without Blutz waves, which are not available to them.
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:05 pm in terms of form? probably. but that is irrelevant in terms of the person using it. for example, ssj4 xeno goku rivals ssb goku, so obviously ssjg goku falls behind
Let's jump the gun and go with the assumption that SSG > SS4, and base XGoku/Vegeta are just leaps stronger than DBS Goku/Vegeta.

XGoku/Vegeta had to use SS fusion against Super Yi Xing Long, and we know that at their level (i.e. a level above DBS Goku/Vegeta), a SS fusion is far, far stronger than an individual SSB. Which would mean that Super Yi Xing Long is at least stronger than a hypothetical SSB XGoku/Vegeta who would be far stronger than DBS SSB Goku/Vegeta.

And somehow even though a hypothetical SS fusion between XGoku/Vegeta should be leaps stronger than a SSG XTrunks, they conveniently leave out fusion as an option again... so why would Kaioshin of Time say something like that when we know for a fact that SS fusion alone >>> SSB > SSG? We even know SS3 XGohanks is strong enough to take on Super Yi Xing Long: Xeno who's much stronger than his GT counterpart.

Or, maybe the GT villain cast (and by inclusion the GT hero cast) is just that absurdly stronger than the DBS cast. :lol:

Kaioshin of Time's reasoning makes zero sense if we are to go by what we know about fusion gains.
Last edited by Rakurai on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:57 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:48 pm whats up with that Broly form?
It's just Broly Dark without his Time Breaker mask and the Dark Dragon Ball stuck to his chest.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 pmThe state in which Goku entered after absorbing the power of a SSJG as A SSJ. Beers stated that although a Super Saiyan, the "Crimson fire" (or something like that) of Super Saiyan God, was radiating from him. Perhaps the power of the form as he lost God Ki abilities. I don't think it is the same with Saiyan Beyond God.

Is that even a thing in any official material? Seems one of those many cases in which someone went too literal and made that up. Which is exactly what Wiki usually does. Never seen that name before, for that matter.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:28 am

Are these cards new ?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:39 am

Grimlock wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:07 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 pmThe state in which Goku entered after absorbing the power of a SSJG as A SSJ. Beers stated that although a Super Saiyan, the "Crimson fire" (or something like that) of Super Saiyan God, was radiating from him. Perhaps the power of the form as he lost God Ki abilities. I don't think it is the same with Saiyan Beyond God.

Is that even a thing in any official material? Seems one of those many cases in which someone went too literal and made that up. Which is exactly what Wiki usually does. Never seen that name before, for that matter.
Meh. Not my creation or my point. Just wanted to say that thing with Goku as a SSJ in the failed ritual being perhaps stronger than Super Vegito from Z.

Anyway, could it be that Super Saiyan God was used because XTrunks will be resistant to Mechikabura's magic or anything? You know, similarly to Demigra's case.
P O W E R

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 am

Ssjg looks like crap on trunks I wonder why not give him ssj4?