"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:33 am

Block88 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 am Ssjg looks like crap on trunks I wonder why not give him ssj4?
Being honest, I agree. Awful design. Doesn't suit him at all. Give God to Goten and he will look better. Or at least have Trunks with slightly more spiked hair. It is a big difference to see red hair on someone who has purple/blue ones.
P O W E R

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:39 am

Block88 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:20 am Ssjg looks like crap on trunks I wonder why not give him ssj4?
Speak for yourself, SSG XTrunks is easily one of the best-looking designs out of the entire DB franchise, from clothes to hair. Especially compared to his DBS chump counterpart.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:34 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pm
ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:42 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:23 am . So apparently, the ritual can be completed even if there is a missing Super Saiyan?
the ritual requires 5 Saiyan, nowhere was stated they were to be Super Saiyan
Doesn't this create a massive plot hole? Many Saiyans knew of the legend before they went extinct. Many would have tried. Of course Saiyans weren't that pure of heart, but damn isn't that a very general audience. Everyone could have gone Super Saiyan God. If Freeza and Cold posed a threat they could simply select the strongest Saiyan and make him a Super Saiyan God.

Even the failed ritual produced a warrior stronger than anything our heroes knew. Failed ritual SSJ Goku could be above Super Vegito. Pretty much he was like God's Crimson Radiance, but before experiencing SSJG.
the whole point was finding 5 pure hearted Saiyans.
Saiyans were, generally speaking, dicks. Gentler saiyans would likely die young and fast.
And Pure Evil Saiyans wouldn't collaborate.

While the SSGod legend might have been somehow common knowledge, Shenron referring to the Namekkian Book of Legends suggests the ritual itself wasn't known.

Last, we don't know if Goku would have kept the power from the failed Ritual(Goku turns normal on the spot once they stop channelling power), nor if even a failed ritual would have worked without pure heart Saiyans

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:46 am

Yeah i agree. It doesnt look good at all

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:48 pm

Whilst I'm also confused about not SSJ4 Trunks, I fucking LOVE SSG Trunks, and hope this means he will achieve SSB soon, which surely should be natural progression.

I wonder if they were a little stuck on design ideas on how they'd execute a SSJ4 form?
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Wilderness wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:48 pm I wonder if they were a little stuck on design ideas on how they'd execute a SSJ4 form?
IMHO it's a combination of them not finding a convincing enough SS4 design for Trunks and wanting to throw a curve ball subverting the expectation of the public

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Personally i think SSG Trunks looks really cool and i'm one of those fans who trashed SSG when it first came out in the movie because after they hyped SSG so much to at the end be just a hair and aura palette swap, felt really lazy and uninspired, this days though i have warmed up to it so i don't mind, however SS4 still by far my favourite form is way superior for me even if the game implies SSB is just a tad stronger.

Now i really REALLY wanted to see a SS4 Trunks so i can't say i'm not disappointed, if anything i'm worried now that since they decided to latch the God form to Xeno Trunks which means the natural progression is for eventually go to SSB and then why would he bother with SS4 anymore when he already has a superior form that he doesn't need any weird trick like Blutz waves to access, is like another Vegeta/Gohan skipping SS3 for a stronger form situation, moreover than that can he even transform into SS4 if he used blutz waves??? he wasn't born with a tail so maybe the game devs want to stick with that headcanon even though a SS4 Trunks card would easily become of the top 10 most popular and valuable cards in the game is it came to be.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Wilderness wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:48 pm Whilst I'm also confused about not SSJ4 Trunks, I fucking LOVE SSG Trunks, and hope this means he will achieve SSB soon, which surely should be natural progression.

I wonder if they were a little stuck on design ideas on how they'd execute a SSJ4 form?
Really and truly, after Xeno V4 I think they can get away with almost anything. V4 set the design standard/fashion bar quite low imo.

By comparison, SSG XTrunks is a breath of fresh air. Those tight soldier clothes give me vibes of his Android arc look without the jacket, which was the best.
Dragotaker wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:06 pm Personally i think SSG Trunks looks really cool and i'm one of those fans who trashed SSG when it first came out in the movie because after they hyped SSG so much to at the end be just a hair and aura palette swap, felt really lazy and uninspired, this days though i have warmed up to it so i don't mind, however SS4 still by far my favourite form is way superior for me even if the game implies SSB is just a tad stronger.
I'm in the same camp that I trashed SSG when it first came out cause of the lazy ass palette swap design, but then gained a whole new appreciation for its unique features after the debut of SSB (literal blue color palette swap of SS; red and yellow does not mix to make blue in any way) and more so after the debut of UI (white hair grandpa Goku just does not look good at all).
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:15 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:03 pm
Wilderness wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:48 pm I wonder if they were a little stuck on design ideas on how they'd execute a SSJ4 form?
IMHO it's a combination of them not finding a convincing enough SS4 design for Trunks and wanting to throw a curve ball subverting the expectation of the public
The design point is a bit strange, because on one hand, it makes sense that they'd struggle with it, the fandom has been messing with it for years (how to do the hairstyle, how to implement Trunks' hair colour since it would the first non-blackhaired SS4), but on the other hand, it really wouldn't be too difficult to just try something (or in the case of long-haired Trunks, just steal SS4 Broly's hairstyle) and tweak it until it looks good.
In short, it's hard but also not hard. :crazy:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Really and truly, after Xeno V4 I think they can get away with almost anything. V4 set the design standard/fashion bar quite low imo.

By comparison, SSG XTrunks is a breath of fresh air. Those tight soldier clothes give me vibes of his Android arc look without the jacket, which was the best.

with V4 you mean Vegetto???? i though it looked pretty cool, the only grip for me was the hair that should have been red like Gogeta's imo.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:18 pm

Dragotaker wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:25 pm with V4 you mean Vegetto???? i though it looked pretty cool, the only grip for me was the hair that should have been red like Gogeta's imo.
V4 is what was shown at the end of the first CGI teaser debuting SS4 XVegetto (basically last year's new transformed character announcement). So V4 has sort of stuck around this forum as an easy way of typing out SS4 (Xeno) Vegetto.

To each their own but something about V4's design just rubs me the wrong way. It's partly the hair and partly the clothes. The hair looks bad. The clothes look weird.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Amusingly, V4's design has been uniformly praised on most sites I know. Some even call him the only SSJ4 design that looks cool.

I don't really care about SSG and SSB, to be honest, ultimately they're simply recolors. And to be honest I'm kind of sore about the concept making its way to the Time Patrol side of the plotline, I was perfectly happy with having Super concepts (from which I'm not really a fan) and GT derived ones co-existing but not mixing. Now that separation is no longer there and I fear that GT concepts will get the short end of the stick because the hot thing is Super.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Well, Xeno Trunks is the only Time Patroller who doesn't come from Dragon Ball GT, nor is he bound by or remotely connected in its rules (which may explain why he got Super Saiyan God instead of Super Saiyan 4). So the separation is still there until Dimps decides to give the Super Saiyan God transformation to another Time Patroller.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Oh, that's how they called this "form" of Goku. I just call this form "Godly Super Saiyan".

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:22 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:59 pm
Oh, that's how they called this "form" of Goku. I just call this form "Godly Super Saiyan".
Mine would be Chou Super Saiyan.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:13 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:52 pm Well, Xeno Trunks is the only Time Patroller who doesn't come from Dragon Ball GT, nor is he bound by or remotely connected in its rules (which may explain why he got Super Saiyan God instead of Super Saiyan 4). So the separation is still there until Dimps decides to give the Super Saiyan God transformation to another Time Patroller.
Bardock xeno also doesn’t come from a GT esq timeline, his timeline is literally a mix of BTFOG/DBminus.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:42 pm Amusingly, V4's design has been uniformly praised on most sites I know. Some even call him the only SSJ4 design that looks cool.

I don't really care about SSG and SSB, to be honest, ultimately they're simply recolors. And to be honest I'm kind of sore about the concept making its way to the Time Patrol side of the plotline, I was perfectly happy with having Super concepts (from which I'm not really a fan) and GT derived ones co-existing but not mixing. Now that separation is no longer there and I fear that GT concepts will get the short end of the stick because the hot thing is Super.
heroes kinda points to GT being as hot as super. GT concepts have been very popular in heroes, and the merchandise is very good too. if anything, people seem to want thinks like ssj4.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:35 am

Since XBardock and XKing Vegeta are returning soon, I thought it would be a good time to recap where they were the last time we saw them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DON3_7vqorA

Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:42 pm Amusingly, V4's design has been uniformly praised on most sites I know. Some even call him the only SSJ4 design that looks cool.

heroes kinda points to GT being as hot as super. GT concepts have been very popular in heroes, and the merchandise is very good too. if anything, people seem to want thinks like ssj4.
Funny you say that because i remember whenever they showed those trailers with like Gohan or Vegetto SS4 for the first time and you could hear the reaction of the audience that was there at the moment right at the end they would all clap like they were excited yet maybe it's just me but this time when SSG Trunks showed and then at the end people were all quiet and you could hear some mild chatting like they were confused and expected something else entirely or at least that's what i got from what i watched.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:14 am

Dragotaker wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 am
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 pm

Funny you say that because i remember whenever they showed those trailers with like Gohan or Vegetto SS4 for the first time and you could hear the reaction of the audience that was there at the moment right at the end they would all clap like they were excited yet maybe it's just me but this time when SSG Trunks showed and then at the end people were all quiet and you could hear some mild chatting like they were confused and expected something else entirely or at least that's what i got from what i watched.
Don't doubt it I think everyone since the mid 90's and all throughout the 2000s wondered what a SS4 Trunks would look like and to see them do this is just messed up unless the SSG power runs out like it did for Goku in BoG I don't see any other way they can make Time Patrol Trunks need SS4

Just imagine SS4 Gohan & Trunks Fusing into SS4 Gohanks (their power and potential since they're hybrids would be unstoppable they'd probably be stronger than Gogeta SS4)