Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Bullza wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:05 pm
Should that be really taken seriously? I thought it was just a extra stuff for lulz.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun May 19, 2019 2:33 am

Noah wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:54 pm
Bullza wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:05 pm
Should that be really taken seriously? I thought it was just a extra stuff for lulz.
Yeah definitely, that's useful to power scale them

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:22 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Shin was never compared to Cell-Games Goku.

He was in a Guidebook called El Manga Legendario, although we only have access to the Spanish version, so we don't know if this was an embellishment from the Spanish producers.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed May 22, 2019 4:25 pm

ahill1 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:22 pm

He was in a Guidebook called El Manga Legendario, although we only have access to the Spanish version, so we don't know if this was an embellishment from the Spanish producers.
That was still an official guide, so I would count it

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm

El Manga Legendario is a Spanish-and-French only product. It doesn’t have a Japanese version. It’s official, but if it counts or not that’s an entirely different discussion.

Anyway, I read the text in which he talks about Shin and it’s very clear that the writer made an assumption.

“Judging by the precautions he takes against Dabra, who has a level similar to that of Cell, it can be deduced that he has the same strength that Goku had during the Cell Games”.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm
El Manga Legendario is a Spanish-and-French only product. It doesn’t have a Japanese version. It’s official, but if it counts or not that’s an entirely different discussion.

Anyway, I read the text in which he talks about Shin and it’s very clear that the writer made an assumption.

“Judging by the precautions he takes against Dabra, who has a level similar to that of Cell, it can be deduced that he has the same strength that Goku had during the Cell Games”.
It's quite a leap in logic to assume Shin is as strong as CGs Goku based on his cautious demeanor against Dabura, indeed.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon May 27, 2019 12:30 am

Regardless of that book's authority or lack thereof, that power placement for Kaioshin does make sense. It's significantly stronger than Piccolo, but still decidedly inferior to Dabra or the current adult Super Saiyans.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:19 am

Saiga wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:01 pm Speaking of Piccolo, I came up with a joke theory and want to see if it's contradicted by anything... note, this is 100% a joke.

So there's the infamous base Saiyans vs Piccolo debate, and Freeza > base Saiyans line from BOG... but there's also the scene of Piccolo struggling with Shisami from RF, who is comparable to Tagoma, who was compared to Freeza.

Now there are explanations ranging from 'ignore Shisami, that's dumb' to 'Shisami is really ~cell games SS1 tier' or 'Piccolo was exhausted'. But what if... Piccolo just got a lot weaker from not training enough?!

7 years after the Cell Games, he's lost enough power to be weaker than the base Saiyans. Then 5 years later, he's weaker than Zarbon. He's also weaker than Frost by a significant margin, and based on Caulifla vs Freeza in the manga Freeza is stronger than Frost.

So we've got SS1 Goku/Caulifla > Freeza > Frost > Base Goku/Caulifla > Zarbon > Piccolo.

Did I miss anything from the manga or movies that would contradict that?
That's been my half-serious theory since the movie came out. Makes the "1.3 million" line fit, too.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Super Gogeta could top Super Boo strenght or he would need SSJ2 to do it?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 pm Super Gogeta could top Super Boo strenght or he would need SSJ2 to do it?
Super Saiyan would probably be enough. Weekly Jump recently promotes the idea that Gogeta and Vegetto are “equally-matched ultimate trump cards”. The ten-year old Super Exciting Guide also promotes this idea, when it describes both fusion methods as multiplying both people’s battle power together.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:32 am

Noah wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 pm Super Gogeta could top Super Boo strenght or he would need SSJ2 to do it?
Imo he's mystic Gohan tier

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:33 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:16 pm
Super Saiyan would probably be enough. Weekly Jump recently promotes the idea that Gogeta and Vegetto are “equally-matched ultimate trump cards”. The ten-year old Super Exciting Guide also promotes this idea, when it describes both fusion methods as multiplying both people’s battle power together.
That thing can't work for z not for gt. It is valid only from dbs broly on

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:28 am

p-hyvo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:33 am That thing can't work for z not for gt. It is valid only from dbs broly on
I don’t understand what you are trying to say in your first sentence. Anyway, even if you don’t consider Weekly Jump a valid source, SEG’s 2009 publication refers to Potara and Fusion Dance used in the Boo Arc, about 10 years before Broli. This is the same guide that gives the other multipliers that people use as official basis. Simple deduction leads to the conclusion that battle power doesn’t differ if they fuse one way or another. Weekly Jump just reiterated this idea.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Thoughts?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:13 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:19 pm Thoughts?
Until they elaborate on this, I’m just assuming Pure Boo died with god power dormant inside him. Apparently his actual power wasn’t affected by it or at least not after the split. Something happened that made Innocent Boo weaker than he was supposed to be.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:26 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:19 pm Thoughts?
I assume this God power was deep inside Kid Boo and that he couldn't actually use it. Maybe this will have an implication on Oob as well, possibly futurely mastering it.

Btw, I don't really like the idea. He is the Boo with no influence , without any Kaioshin altering his nature or actions. He wasn't held back by anything (only from killing Satan once since fat was inside him) and is oficially called Pure Boo... He has no influence. Applying God chi to him just seems unnecessary and seems to go against a well established fact and description.

Kid Boo absorbed South Kaioshin, his power was benefited by that... And then the Dai Kaioshin's absorption somewhat tamed him, making him more controllable amd weaker. This absorption apparently trapped most of his powers and made Dai Kaioshin someone dominant in Boo's nature and physiology. This fat Boo was described as having a deceptive chi, which makes sense considering the implications pointing towards the Kaioshin not having a sensible chi. This one should be the Boo consumed by the God chi, like layed down pretty swiftly in the original, not all of a sudden the evil and pure one.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:50 pm

What are your guys' estimations for the base Saiyajins in the Super, Toyotaro's manga? Current base Saiyajins. I think this is one topic that a lot of people don't see eye to eye on.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:22 am

ahill1 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:50 pm What are your guys' estimations for the base Saiyajins in the Super, Toyotaro's manga? Current base Saiyajins. I think this is one topic that a lot of people don't see eye to eye on.
Following the dialogues, the should be not a lot stronger than in buu saga, but bad toyotaro's writing straight out contrsddicts that.
They may be buu saga ss2 tier in base in the manga, buu I'm not expert in regards of the manga because I don't consider it at all usually

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:11 pm

ahill1 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:50 pm What are your guys' estimations for the base Saiyajins in the Super, Toyotaro's manga? Current base Saiyajins. I think this is one topic that a lot of people don't see eye to eye on.
Future Trunks Arc only implies SS2 Goku and SS2 Trunks are stronger than SS2 Kid Gohan, but it doesn’t specify the extent. The forms weaker than SSGod aren’t relevant to the story anyway and after Golden Freeza Arc the Saiyans get stronger by honing ki consumption and movements, except Vegeta that powered-up SSBlue beyond its limits for a short time and apparently will learn Yardratian technique.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:43 pm

I don’t see why the lower forms would be any stronger than they were Pre God, honestly. Goku never absorbed SSJG in this universe and has zero feats to put him above his BoGs Arc self. Toriyama has even expressed in interview that Super Saiyan God was the only way Goku and co. had to improve.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!