"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:54 pm

GTx10 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:19 pm Am I the only one who finds it weird that Super era Broly hasn't appeared at all in SDBH?. His fame died quite quickly didn't it?
The opposite from that. Its just that he isnt essential to the arcs story.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:36 pm

GTx10 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:19 pm Am I the only one who finds it weird that Super era Broly hasn't appeared at all in SDBH?. His fame died quite quickly didn't it?
They can't add what-if forms to Super Broly, because he's obviously going to be relevant in future DBS content. So for example they can't make him SSJ2 before the actual anime/manga does.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:16 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:37 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:34 pm A UVM9 mission video from NOA, vs. Shroom and the Hell fighters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmgSFX_6pe4

During Round 2, the 17s fuse to become Super 17. This is also the gate that XGoten is tasked with closing. So XGoten is at the very least stronger than SS GT Goku.
Duh. He got Ultimate
Also WTF is up with XPan's Special attack, Jesus it looks so lame...
Japan doesn't like her :(
Doesn't necessarily mean he was stronger than GT Goku. Reminder GT Goku was a beast.

Base GT Goku is stronger than Super Saiyan (Ultimate) Gohan (before Toei retconned Ultimate to be a transformation, anyhow). So the fact that XGoten is stronger than a SS GT Goku is really, really impressive.

And I have no doubt in my mind that the Frieza which XVegeta fights is Golden Frieza now just based on the way that UVM9 set up the bosses for its missions.

Also, Idk about Japan not liking Pan... it's more like she's always been seen as this cute but tomboyish girl so they gotta make her moveset fit in accordance with that. Which is sort of sexist and stupid ofc.
Noitsnothim wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:17 am and the Prison planet saga was happening around that time (Which is Why we don't see Broly) even after the prison planet storyline so they skipped it and in the game (Goku states that Cumber's strength is different than that of Beerus & Jiren) wasn't Broly stated to be potentially stronger than Beerus?
I think what Dark_Tzitzimine means is that there were some missions dedicated to retelling some parts of the DBS Broly film. Not in the main SDBH story modes tho.

DBS: Broly is def fair game to include into one of SDBH's story arcs, but who knows whether it'll be in a new one or the continuation of the Universal Survival arc.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:31 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:36 pm
They can't add what-if forms to Super Broly, because he's obviously going to be relevant in future DBS content. So for example they can't make him SSJ2 before the actual anime/manga does.
You know, ppl have been saying that sort of thing for years, but if the past is anything to go by, it's painfully clear that Broly: BR getting anything above SS in SDBH will be largely unaffected by what is "predicted" in the main storyline.

SSB Vegetto got Kaio-Ken. They've already started handing out SSG to XTrunks, who despite being an alternate timeline FTrunks, is still FTrunks nevertheless and he's got SSG. He could very well get SSB soon too.

They've had SS2 FTrunks in games for years until we finally saw him achieve it in DBS.

This argument of "they can't do it before the anime/manga" doesn't fly and never has.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Yeah, I meant that SDBH did include Broly content. That Broly is not part of the Super version of events used in the Prison Planet/Universal Survival arcs is a different matter.

Speaking of KK, didn't Vegeto Xeno got to use KK before it was re-introduced in Super?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:31 pm
Xeogran wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:36 pm
You know, ppl have been saying that sort of thing for years, but if the past is anything to go by, it's painfully clear that Broly: BR getting anything above SS in SDBH will be largely unaffected by what is "predicted" in the main storyline.

SSB Vegetto got Kaio-Ken. They've already started handing out SSG to XTrunks, who despite being an alternate timeline FTrunks, is still FTrunks nevertheless and he's got SSG. He could very well get SSB soon too.

They've had SS2 FTrunks in games for years until we finally saw him achieve it in DBS.

This argument of "they can't do it before the anime/manga" doesn't fly and never has.
None of those examples are comparable for the argument of broly BR. Ssb kaioken vegito is a bad example because it isnt anything that vegito blue could not do in the main canon, he should very well be expected to pull that technique out if anyone bests him in ssb. But we dont know what Broly BR's FPSSJ could evolve to, if it can even evolve in the first place. Toei can do anything they want with old broly because he is a done case, nothing else is coming from him, but they arent going to mess with broly anytime soon. And that is a given.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:06 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:31 pm They've already started handing out SSG to XTrunks, who despite being an alternate timeline FTrunks, is still FTrunks nevertheless and he's got SSG. He could very well get SSB soon too.
Future Trunks' story in canon. may as well be over for good. Maybe DBH staff is aware of it and he's now one of the characters they can do whatever they want with.

Vegetto logically should be able to use Kaioken so that's not much of a revelation either. I mean until we start getting Black or Caulifla at SSJ3s, I feel like I'm staying by my theory.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:43 pm Speaking of KK, didn't Vegeto Xeno got to use KK before it was re-introduced in Super?
Heck no. The time difference is like years apart.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:04 pm None of those examples are comparable for the argument of broly BR. Ssb kaioken vegito is a bad example because it isnt anything that vegito blue could not do in the main canon, he should very well be expected to pull that technique out if anyone bests him in ssb. But we dont know what Broly BR's FPSSJ could evolve to, if it can even evolve in the first place. Toei can do anything they want with old broly because he is a done case, nothing else is coming from him, but they arent going to mess with broly anytime soon. And that is a given.
Xeogran wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:06 pm
Future Trunks' story in canon. may as well be over for good. Maybe DBH staff is aware of it and he's now one of the characters they can do whatever they want with.

Vegetto logically should be able to use Kaioken so that's not much of a revelation either. I mean until we start getting Black or Caulifla at SSJ3s, I feel like I'm staying by my theory.

You are confusing Toei with the actual content creator of DBH/SDBH, which is Bandai/Dimps. Toei doesn't have a say as to what can or can't be introduced in SDBH, they only make the promotional anime (and they are doing a terrible job at it tho I stopped watching after like the 11th episode). And from what I understand, neither Bandai nor Dimps are restricted by any such silly notions of potential "canon forecasts." That's terrible marketing and campaigning for what SDBH is supposed to represent, a series where what-ifs and alternate transformations become possible.

Universe Survival arc has proven that Bandai/Dimps is willing to go further and explore the multiverse laid out in DBS, without regard for "potential canon points."

A good example: U7 Saiyans visiting Planet Salad in U6 has been a plot driven home by the anime and teased often enough that it could be used in the main canon. Guess what, SDBH did it first.

SDBH exists to make profit, to attract a bigger audience for their arcades, cards, and various form of media/merch, not serve as marketing or provide bingo eliminations as to what Toriyama/Toei/Toyotarou can or cannot write/produce.

If Super 2.0 was announced then I would be more inclined to believe such a stance. But I don't see anything for DBS anytime soon, and theorizing about what Toriyama/Toei/Toyotarou could write is absurd and pointless so it's perfectly reasonable they could give Broly: BR SSG if Bandai/Dimps felt like it, they have enough Saiyans (I also got this idea from a recent comic I found on Twitter).

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:09 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 pm
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:04 pm None of those examples are comparable for the argument of broly BR. Ssb kaioken vegito is a bad example because it isnt anything that vegito blue could not do in the main canon, he should very well be expected to pull that technique out if anyone bests him in ssb. But we dont know what Broly BR's FPSSJ could evolve to, if it can even evolve in the first place. Toei can do anything they want with old broly because he is a done case, nothing else is coming from him, but they arent going to mess with broly anytime soon. And that is a given.
Xeogran wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:06 pm

You are confusing Toei with the actual content creator of DBH/SDBH, which is Bandai/Dimps. Toei doesn't have a say as to what can or can't be introduced in SDBH, they only make the promotional anime (and they are doing a terrible job at it tho I stopped watching after like the 11th episode). And from what I understand, neither Bandai nor Dimps are restricted by any such silly notions of potential "canon forecasts." That's terrible marketing and campaigning for what SDBH is supposed to represent, a series where what-ifs and alternate transformations become possible.

Universe Survival arc has proven that Bandai/Dimps is willing to go further and explore the multiverse laid out in DBS, without regard for "potential canon points."

A good example: U7 Saiyans visiting Planet Salad in U6 has been a plot driven home by the anime and teased often enough that it could be used in the main canon. Guess what, SDBH did it first.

SDBH exists to make profit, to attract a bigger audience for their arcades, cards, and various form of media/merch, not serve as marketing or provide bingo eliminations as to what Toriyama/Toei/Toyotarou can or cannot write/produce.

If Super 2.0 was announced then I would be more inclined to believe such a stance. But I don't see anything for DBS anytime soon, and theorizing about what Toriyama/Toei/Toyotarou could write is absurd and pointless so it's perfectly reasonable they could give Broly: BR SSG if Bandai/Dimps felt like it, they have enough Saiyans (I also got this idea from a recent comic I found on Twitter).
You mean universal conflict arc(survival is the ToP), also when in heroes did they ever specifically go to planet salad? All I know of is U7 (Trunks and vegeta) going to an unknown planet in U6 to help the saiyans and hit. Also it’s very much so factual that heroes can’t just do whatever they want with new characters and lore, hell heroes didn’t give any old characters new forms from current DB lore until just last year with Golden cooler(not counting avatars) and as you can see heroes is just now giving an older character ssjG(6 years after the form came out) giving Trunks ssj2 in a budokai game years after dragon ball’s original run was over is completely different than giving characters a semi new form the main continuity might want to give them. Heroes team/Dimps works directly with shueisha/ bird studio to make heroes feel as Authentic as possible, so yes they do in fact have restrictions that’s why it took 6 years for them to finally give someone SSJGod. Also if you don’t believe me that heroes works directly with bird studio/toriyama here’s an interview with wataru higuchi from the DBH 5th anniversary guide book https://imgur.com/gallery/l4s19El

"Of course I also understand the feelings of fans who would rather us not tamper with the original work. So our intent is to work hard in cooperation with Toriyama-sensei and other interested parties to create something all fans can accept. The ability to incorporate both the original work and what-if elements like this expresses Dragon Ball's true depth."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:31 pm

GTx10 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:19 pmAm I the only one who finds it weird that Super era Broly hasn't appeared at all in SDBH?
What do you mean? The characters from the Dragon Ball Super movie is already in the game with a lot of cards and such.

If you, for some reason, mean Broly involved in a Heroes story, then yeah, I think it's only you. He's a new character and so he won't be involved in anything for now. It was the same when Movie 14/Beerus/Super Saiyan God and Movie 15/Golden Freeza/Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan were released. They weren't involved in anything (not that there was something going on when the former was released, though).

New concepts are never used right away, it's gonna take time. But the inevitable "Z Broly vs Super Broly" is gonna happen eventually (if that's what you want).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:44 pm

Well it's more than that, you have Hearts attacking all universes, Zamasu back as a Cyborg and Cumber's very existence and nobody is mentioning or hinting at Super version Broly? If they can throw Cyborg Zamasu into the fray then why not Super ver. Broly? To me it feels like New Broly has been forgotten about while characters like Vegeto have gotten another Super Saiyan transformation. (Wheather it is SDBH the Anime or the 10 second clips for the game I just don't see a lot of New Broly.
They released some cards of him for the Nintendo Switch game then "POOF" he was gone. Did I miss something relating to new Broly?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:09 pm

GTx10 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:44 pmZamasu back as a Cyborg and Cumber's very existence and nobody is mentioning or hinting at Super version Broly?
Well, that's because Prison Planet and Universal Conflict sagas take place after those events. Not that they couldn't take place after Dragon Ball Super movie either, because no specific information about that was given. It's something in-universe to consider, though.

Out-universe speaking, we may also have to consider the production time. Heroes sagas were already happening when the movie was released.
GTx10 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:44 pmIf they can throw Cyborg Zamasu into the fray then why not Super ver. Broly?
Because Merged Zamasu's last appearance was in 2016 and he would only appear in Heroes two years later. The movie was released in the end of 2018.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:31 pm

I know it isn't important ND I do not mean to be aggressive towards anyone, but why the heck do they call Zamasu "Mecha" or "Cyborg"?

There are absolutely no parts of him that have been refitted with robotic parts. It is just that he wears some armor that might give off a "robotic" aura, while it is simply the armor that all Core Area Warriors seems to wear.

When Cumber was INSIDE his suppression suit, he looked more Cyborg-like than Zamasu, but no one called him a Mecha.

Point is, Merged Zamasu is simply in his Halo Form and has an eye coverage perhaps due to his only corrupted part being there. I call him Neo Merged Zamasu, just to not confuse him with the old Merged Zamasu, as this one imo, is stronger.
P O W E R

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:36 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:31 pm I know it isn't important ND I do not mean to be aggressive towards anyone, but why the heck do they call Zamasu "Mecha" or "Cyborg"?

There are absolutely no parts of him that have been refitted with robotic parts. It is just that he wears some armor that might give off a "robotic" aura, while it is simply the armor that all Core Area Warriors seems to wear.

When Cumber was INSIDE his suppression suit, he looked more Cyborg-like than Zamasu, but no one called him a Mecha.

Point is, Merged Zamasu is simply in his Halo Form and has an eye coverage perhaps due to his only corrupted part being there. I call him Neo Merged Zamasu, just to not confuse him with the old Merged Zamasu, as this one imo, is stronger.
Dude's right, Zamasu doesn't have any mecha parts, he just has an eyepatch. I'mma call him pirate zamasu.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:41 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:36 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:31 pm I know it isn't important ND I do not mean to be aggressive towards anyone, but why the heck do they call Zamasu "Mecha" or "Cyborg"?

Dude's right, Zamasu doesn't have any mecha parts, he just has an eyepatch. I'mma call him pirate zamasu.
Hahaha some good naming there! Who knows, we might get to see Zamasu leading Bojack and his pirate gang one day! Lol

*Thinks the possibility of this being actually a decent idea... *
P O W E R

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:41 pm
Dragon Wukong wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:36 pm

Hahaha some good naming there! Who knows, we might get to see Zamasu leading Bojack and his pirate gang one day! Lol

*Thinks the possibility of this being actually a decent idea... *
For a Fanfic.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:47 pm

back when he was first revealed, it did seem like he was in fact mechanized.
the nickname stuck and some people got confused by it

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:24 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:09 pm You mean universal conflict arc(survival is the ToP), also when in heroes did they ever specifically go to planet salad? All I know of is U7 (Trunks and vegeta) going to an unknown planet in U6 to help the saiyans and hit. Also it’s very much so factual that heroes can’t just do whatever they want with new characters and lore, hell heroes didn’t give any old characters new forms from current DB lore until just last year with Golden cooler(not counting avatars) and as you can see heroes is just now giving an older character ssjG(6 years after the form came out) giving Trunks ssj2 in a budokai game years after dragon ball’s original run was over is completely different than giving characters a semi new form the main continuity might want to give them. Heroes team/Dimps works directly with shueisha/ bird studio to make heroes feel as Authentic as possible, so yes they do in fact have restrictions that’s why it took 6 years for them to finally give someone SSJGod. Also if you don’t believe me that heroes works directly with bird studio/toriyama here’s an interview with wataru higuchi from the DBH 5th anniversary guide book https://imgur.com/gallery/l4s19El

"Of course I also understand the feelings of fans who would rather us not tamper with the original work. So our intent is to work hard in cooperation with Toriyama-sensei and other interested parties to create something all fans can accept. The ability to incorporate both the original work and what-if elements like this expresses Dragon Ball's true depth."
Vegeta literally says "So this is Universe 6's Planet Salad..." in UVM 6 when they arrive to U6. They were clearly fighting on Salad.

Okay fair enough, Heroes/Dimps does work with Shueisha/Bird Studio and they probably have restrictions. But certainly if there are no plans to make Broly a SSG, which is very very likely since nobody outside of Goku/Vegeta have ever even received a Super Saiyan god-based transformation, it should be fair game. Much like traveling to the other universes is fair game which strongly implies there are plans to go to other universes anytime soon in the main series, if or when it ever comes back.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:51 pm

Spoilers for the latest chapter of the SDBH manga:

viewtopic.php?p=1612367#p1612367
Rakurai wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:24 pm
Vegeta literally says "So this is Universe 6's Planet Salad..." in UVM 6 when they arrive to U6. They were clearly fighting on Salad.

Okay fair enough, Heroes/Dimps does work with Shueisha/Bird Studio and they probably have restrictions. But certainly if there are no plans to make Broly a SSG, which is very very likely since nobody outside of Goku/Vegeta have ever even received a Super Saiyan god-based transformation, it should be fair game. Much like traveling to the other universes is fair game which strongly implies there are NO plans to go to other universes anytime soon in the main series, if or when it ever comes back.
Corrected my earlier post with the bolded.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:02 pm

Saikyo Jump Sept. issue's XGoku promotional card action ability in play (spinning the enemy by his/her foot and throwing them):

https://youtu.be/QhjE7z2ON1I?t=381

Not sure if it's the same for all other cards with the same action ability but... holy crap throwing the enemy across FOUR planets is just bonkers. :lol: :lol: :lol: