Underrated Dragon Ball Song Thread

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Underrated Dragon Ball Song Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Hey guys, Gus here! So just the other day, I was listening to a lot of DB music, and I thought to myself "you know, DB has a lot of underrated gems when it comes to music, doesn't it?" And one song in particular I think is very underrated is Orange Hero, the ending song from the Yo Son Goku special. There's just something about that song that I just absolutely adore and it's really sad that it doesn't really get that much attention. I mean seriously, that song could've been a much better final ending song for Super than Lagrima, which was easily my second least favorite Super ending song right behind Chao Fan Music. But that's besides the point. And so it sparked the idea of making a thread of you guys talking about what you think is the most underrated song in the franchise. Are you ready? Let's discuss!
Last edited by Dragon Ball Gus on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Underrated Dragon Ball Song Thread

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:07 pm

the theme that plays when we see Namu's village. according to kenisu's it plays a few times in the original series, but that moment has stuck with me since i first saw it. the imagery of the village, combined with the music creates a really amazing mood. it's only like 30 seconds granted but still i really love that scene. it doesn't seem to be a super well known track as it's not on youtube and not one of the iconic sad tracks, so i guess it's underrated, but it's up there with chaozu's theme as one of the prettiest songs in the series.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:36 am

I think it played in DB Movie 3 and then when Chiotzu died in Saiyan Saga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d7V4vfl7-c
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 am

Definitely agree with OP about “Orange Hero” I wish there was a “full” version.

Right now I’ve been rewatching the Ocean Dub films and Marutogo is A BOP!!! I never hear people talk about that song.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

RoarkVegeta
Patreon Supporter

Post by RoarkVegeta » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:01 pm

I've been listening to a lot of the movie/TV special themes and "Marugoto" is just wonderful and I feel doesn't get mentioned with some of the other big songs.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:18 am

The Hit Songs Collection's had a lot of bangers. One I used to listen to more than any other in my teens was Yoake no Kodomo-tachi. It's real light, poppy, and has that nice late 80's soundscape to it. Not the best Dragon Ball song, but I never heard anyone talk about it.