"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:57 pm

That looks pretty damn cool. And definitely, they updated the SSJ4 models. They look so much better now.

I don't fully understand how Oricas work in SDBH, but man, there are some really cool ones out there.

https://twitter.com/Rinne_yp/status/1157322966582960128

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:02 pm Saikyo Jump Sept. issue's XGoku promotional card action ability in play (spinning the enemy by his/her foot and throwing them):

https://youtu.be/QhjE7z2ON1I?t=381

Not sure if it's the same for all other cards with the same action ability but... holy crap throwing the enemy across FOUR planets is just bonkers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got the SSB Goku campaign card when I was in Japan last month, and that's exactly how the spinning throw works for them. I found it harder to do than the other CAAs I have, though (God Kamehameha, the progressive transformation of GT Vegeta/Gohan, and whatever Ultimate Goten's ability is).
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:09 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:57 pm Image
Isn't that the same attack Gogeta used on Broly? I guess they really like to reuse techniques just like Gogeta SSJ and SSJ Blue use Big Bang Kamehameha in games.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:35 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:09 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:57 pm Image
Isn't that the same attack Gogeta used on Broly? I guess they really like to reuse techniques just like Gogeta SSJ and SSJ Blue use Big Bang Kamehameha in games.
From what I understand this is a fan edit of a card, so they probably used an existing SSB Gogeta hard to copy the pose from.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:02 am

I know this isn't the place for this but damn these two last issues of Saikyo Jump have had some of the best chapters of SDBH (Demon & Universal) Yoshitaka Is a god at drawing panels and stories

they're really fun to read and see the fights in each story's new chapter (It's getting good in both stories)

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:34 pm

God of Destruction Toppo putting up a fight against Full Power SSJ3 Cumber, meanwhile SSJ4 Xeno Vegito gotta be saved by UI Goku in the manga :lol:

also, we finally know what cumber looks like w/o the mask. pretty neat.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:44 pm

RichardKing2 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:34 pm God of Destruction Toppo putting up a fight against Full Power SSJ3 Cumber, meanwhile SSJ4 Xeno Vegito gotta be saved by UI Goku in the manga :lol:

looks like Goku

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:22 pm

https://youtu.be/vBHVaYvmqFM

https://youtu.be/2bRzmcr4STo

Can someone translate this dialogue ?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:29 pm

RichardKing2 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:34 pm God of Destruction Toppo putting up a fight against Full Power SSJ3 Cumber, meanwhile SSJ4 Xeno Vegito gotta be saved by UI Goku in the manga :lol:

UI Goku interrupted the fight you mean. And then everyone but Cumber and UI Goku was wished away by Oolong, so the fight between V4 and Cumber went unfinished.
In the game, V4 wiped the floor with Cumber tho.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:50 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:09 pm Isn't that the same attack Gogeta used on Broly? I guess they really like to reuse techniques just like Gogeta SSJ and SSJ Blue use Big Bang Kamehameha in games.
Yeah, as Saiga says, that it's a modified Gogeta: BR card. Oricas are custom made cards, normally retooling a card art but using entirely different art is also common. Obviously, those can't be used in official events and since SDBH machines use chips(?) on the cards to recognize them, I'm guessing Oricas are unusable as well. But since seems to be a huge market, I don't know.

I've found a bunch that are pretty cool on Twitter.

Like this custom Goku GT from UMV9
https://twitter.com/Takuwan03171/status ... 1242951680

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:02 pm

If they modify an existing card and only paint the front face, it's possible that the game can still read the card - but obviously, that SS4 Gogeta card is going to have a Gogeta: BR chip read and show the original card and model in-game.

I know that the machines have no problem reading the cards through card sleeves, I'm just unsure what paint may do to the card.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:41 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:43 pm

Er, what are we looking at?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:47 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:43 pm Er, what are we looking at?
If you are referring to me, I just stumbled upon these on Twitter.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:53 pm

What do the screenshots mean?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:58 pm

Saiga wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:53 pm What do the screenshots mean?
Either nothing at all or a sneak peak of something new.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:11 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:50 pmYeah, as Saiga says, that it's a modified Gogeta: BR card. Oricas are custom made cards, normally retooling a card art but using entirely different art is also common. Obviously, those can't be used in official events and since SDBH machines use chips(?) on the cards to recognize them, I'm guessing Oricas are unusable as well. But since seems to be a huge market, I don't know.
The game doesn't used chips in the cards. The inner layers of card paper are printed with unique patterns that light emitted from the game stage reads to determine what card is being played, or something. There's a so-called underground player base out there that distributes the patterns for use with their orica (original cards). Most common orica are players who slip new printed images over official cards inside sleeves. But these others are printing those new images and pairing them with the patterns in a sleeve with no actual card at all to use whatever characters they want without having to win them in the machine's gacha distribution or buy them secondhand.

Of course any unofficial cards can't be used in tournaments and other official events, but that doesn't stop them from being playable for personal use at arcades.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:55 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:11 pm
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:50 pmYeah, as Saiga says, that it's a modified Gogeta: BR card. Oricas are custom made cards, normally retooling a card art but using entirely different art is also common. Obviously, those can't be used in official events and since SDBH machines use chips(?) on the cards to recognize them, I'm guessing Oricas are unusable as well. But since seems to be a huge market, I don't know.
The game doesn't used chips in the cards. The inner layers of card paper are printed with unique patterns that light emitted from the game stage reads to determine what card is being played, or something. There's a so-called underground player base out there that distributes the patterns for use with their orica (original cards). Most common orica are players who slip new printed images over official cards inside sleeves. But these others are printing those new images and pairing them with the patterns in a sleeve with no actual card at all to use whatever characters they want without having to win them in the machine's gacha distribution or buy them secondhand.

Of course any unofficial cards can't be used in tournaments and other official events, but that doesn't stop them from being playable for personal use at arcades.
So is this basically some form of cheating for SDBH?
P O W E R

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:17 am

Making orica isn't, but distributing them with playable patterns definitely is - it's piracy.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:21 am

Saiga wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:17 am Making orica isn't, but distributing them with playable patterns definitely is - it's piracy.
I see. How can you guys play the game though? I doubt that you have access to it outside from Japan, right? Except from Wii U, which certainly isn't the same.
P O W E R