Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:07 pm

Honest to god, thank you for laying out the differences from the arcade game, as I haven't had time to keep up with its new campaigns recently.
Mechikabura raising a bird is a new tidbit, though.
Apparently (per groundbreaking research), it draws from a bit of background lore in Ultimate Mission X, though the name may be new, and it's presented slightly differently in the magazine tidbit.

I'm going to do something I normally hate doing and just link a Twitter thread here, since I don't have any convenient way to pull this together into a forum post (and it's quite late). Ultimate Mission X bits are near the bottom: http://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/1157279992755081216

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Found a picture of Cumber without his mask, and boy, poor guy got trashed
https://twitter.com/brbrkikan/status/11 ... 4376045570

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:12 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:21 pm Found a picture of Cumber without his mask, and boy, poor guy got trashed
holy shit! his side... the fact he is still standing like that is amazing. he got wrecked far harder than in the anime.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Good thing this thing isn't canon, because it's revealed that Zamasu is still alive due to his immortality... but that makes no sense because immortality doesn't mean jack if ZENO erases you.

Anyway, FP Kamioren one-shots GoD Toppo, yet Jiren literally crushes him effortlessly. So the gap's huuuuuge.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:38 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:18 pm Good thing this thing isn't canon, because it's revealed that Zamasu is still alive due to his immortality... but that makes no sense because immortality doesn't mean jack if ZENO erases you.

Anyway, FP Kamioren one-shots GoD Toppo, yet Jiren literally crushes him effortlessly. So the gap's huuuuuge.
Well you can also say that Fu rescued the main Merged Zamasu who split into the other ones and got him outta there before Zeno appeared to erase them after all he can rip through space-time

Jiren's a beast

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:15 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:18 pm Good thing this thing isn't canon, because it's revealed that Zamasu is still alive due to his immortality... but that makes no sense because immortality doesn't mean jack if ZENO erases you.

I didn't interpret it that way. I interpreted it as this Zamasu coming from a timeline where he was never erased by Zen-Oh, so he doesn't understand what Trunks means when Trunks questions his survival.

'Cause the Prison Planet was originally about Fu collecting people from different timelines and whatnot.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:11 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:38 pm

Well you can also say that Fu rescued the main Merged Zamasu who split into the other ones and got him outta there before Zeno appeared to erase them after all he can rip through space-time

Jiren's a beast
Uhm... you must be confused. The SDBH manga follows the anime, not the manga.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:21 pm Found a picture of Cumber without his mask, and boy, poor guy got trashed
:o One of the most brutal way to end in recent DB history damn. I hope they will explain more about Kanba past :eh:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:17 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:25 am
Tai Lung wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:58 pm
Rakurai wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:06 pm Also Universal conflict arc:
it's a bit ironic that the manga remembers to toppo god is not the same in anime heroes or other games
anyway I'm glad that they follow the continuity of the anime
I'm totally not. I assumed the manga was following the super manga and the promo anime was following the super anime.
That'd make more sense and be something for everyone.

That being said does any dialogue preclude the idea that this is the first time Toppo has used this? Which would not stop it making sense.

It also shat the bed with Blueku fighting SS1/3 Cumber whereas he needed SSBlue/4 fusions to fight his base form before. So power scaling is fucked again I guess, whereas the manga had been better than the anime for that until now.
well I consider the anime "the main canon" ... therefore the main source from which the other mangas are based ... but assuming it was not ... even so they would have to be based on the anime for several reasons
- the best known and loved by fans
- has the most character and story development
- New shapes and designs etc

and taking into account that they use the characters of the TOP it was better option to use to toppo anime version than the manga version that had very little participation

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:21 am

Album link to Ch. 12 of the Dark Demon Realm mission. Sorry I couldn't upload Ch. 11 but technical issues arose. Regardless, enjoy!

https://imgur.com/a/P547eAO
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:42 am

Rakurai wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:21 am Album link to Ch. 12 of the Dark Demon Realm mission. Sorry I couldn't upload Ch. 11 but technical issues arose. Regardless, enjoy!

https://imgur.com/a/P547eAO
Awesome, thanks for this! I read this chapter when I was in Japan, but couldn't understand the dialogue until now. I enjoyed the exchange between the two Gogeta's and Gohan's confusion.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:51 pm

You do know that higher types of immortality like that is a thing in fiction right? In DC and Marvel beings get erased all the time but can still return

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:51 pm

You do know that higher types of immortality like that is a thing in fiction right? In DC and Marvel beings get erased all the time but can still return
This isn't Marvel or DC. If the King of All erases you, there's nothing you can do.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:41 am

https://twitter.com/Goreshx/status/1179942836864737286
The next issue of SDBH will introduce the “great birth of a Super Warrior” in both the Dark Demon Realm Mission and Universe Mission.
It's obvious they're talking of SSG Trunks for DDRM, but who's the Super Warrior in UM?

theshinobi

Post by theshinobi » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:15 am

Demon Realm Saga - Preview

Universe Mission - Preview

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 pm

:shock:
Oh God, they ruined Zamasu too. Luckily the anime's gonna be different.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:12 am

So is this Zamasu's end? He still seems conscious in this frozen state.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:44 pm

What a lame way to end him.

He should still be alive though since he's immortal. Maybe that glass thing will disappear once that chick gets killed.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:59 pm

Please tell me the upcoming episode won't follow the manga, because even though I don't have high expectations from a promotional anime, I'd rather not watch Zamasu get defeated in such a lame way. An ice block? Seriously? Yawn.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Glass, actually.

Gotta say I laughed at Zamasu being punked. With him being immortal it probably won't be the end of his role in this arc but I certainly wouldn't mind if it was. He really hasn't contributed anything to this arc.