Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Tian » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:48 pm
Tian wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:29 pm Image
Translation:
- If you don't mind, I'm trying to improve Dragon Ball Super!
- With fanservice and ass-pulled power ups?
- No. With plots and good strategies. Of course, with fanservice and power ups!

I really really really really really REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY hope that meme was made before the Kyo Ani fire because otherwise I would beat the shit out of the person who said that Toei should burn. NO ONE deserves that. Especially over shitty fan whining.

EDIT:Tian didnt translate the last part of the meme that said "Toei should have been burned a long time ago #Asshole"
I didn't because I didn't find it important to translate it.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:08 pm

I know and I dont blame you. Its really tasteless and its not funny at all.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:52 am

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:38 pm

The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:16 am

I've also seen people blame the manga for adding the line, arguing that the anime was more vague or Toyotarou somehow forced Toei to include the line before he even covered that event himself.

It's truly unfortunate that Toyotarou has the power to bully Toriyama, Shuiesha and Toei around like that.

edit: on the dropped plot threads posted earlier, I think it's likely that Toei never intended to follow through on them and they're just the kind of throwaway lines you insert so if they end up lining up to some detail in the future it looks like they were foreshadowed all along.

Because I can't imagine they thought they'd get to do something so big if it's completely absent from Toriyama's script. Or maybe they just thought they could predict where Toriyama was going/thought they could suggest the idea to him like they did with Broly.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:34 am

Saiga wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:16 amOr maybe they just thought they could predict where Toriyama was going/thought they could suggest the idea to him like they did with Broly.
I think that's probably the most plausible explanation. They tried to push this same thread way back in the U6 vs U7 tournament and continued it in the ToP despite having Toriyama's outline way ahead of time and knowing that no "ningen uprising" was going to happen. Then again, it's not like Toei's averse to making completely random changes even when they already know what's happening- see, for example, that scene of Vegeta beating up Gohan in the Freeza arc on Earth and declaring that no one can contest him now, only to be sitting back under the tree and not mentioning the incident when it comes time to follow Toriyama's material again (months after it had been written).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:51 am

Then again, we have Hearts in DBH with his anti-God plot. Maybe they were setting themselves up to use a character/arc like that, but didn't get their way and he got relegated to Heroes? It's kind of unusual timing for Heroes to get its first completely new characters at the same time there's actually new material for them to cover. And it might explain why things after the anime ended have been very hush-hush and generally weird.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:18 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:44 pm

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:09 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:45 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:38 pm
I laughed from that more than I should :lol: :clap:
RandomGuy96 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:24 am Toei's dropped fanfic plot threads.
Not much related to this context: but there's also Gohan saying he would reach a form that no one have ever seen. Freaking Toei...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:26 pm

Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:49 pm

i thought this was awesome lol
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:20 am

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:08 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:21 pm Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmBALxDkRY&t=76

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:48 am

I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:15 pm

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:32 am