"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:54 am

Yeah turned out if was just for the anniversary,
UST13 Vegeta is a monster btw, but they kinda lost their mind for the tickets grind lol

The last Titans Yamcha battle can be skipped with tickets after you beat it only once btw, otoh I do find it good eye training to do it manually lol

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 am

PsionicWarrior wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:54 am Yeah turned out if was just for the anniversary,
UST13 Vegeta is a monster btw, but they kinda lost their mind for the tickets grind lol

The last Titans Yamcha battle can be skipped with tickets after you beat it only once btw, otoh I do find it good eye training to do it manually lol
Holy crap, you can skip it? I beat that on the first time easily and thought it was the same as the others. Then on the second day, I got absolutely stomped trying to do it again. I'm pretty sure it took me at least ten tries because Broly just wouldn't play ball. Strikes, specials, tackles, ults, even a rising rush. Everything but ki blasts.

So hey, now I've got a free daily source of baseball items. Thanks muchly.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 am

How often are new characters announced/released for this game?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Usually if I am correct you have the V-Jump that announce new characters then one or less than two weeks and you have the release of said characters. So two to three character a month ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:09 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 pm Usually if I am correct you have the V-Jump that announce new characters then one or less than two weeks and you have the release of said characters. So two to three character a month ?
Every month?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:13 pm

New characters are released pretty dang often. While many are variations on old characters, like the dozens of Goku variants, some others are pretty out there. From major characters you expect, to the minor sidekicks who'd not likely see the light of day in other games. Unless I'm mistaken, some of these characters have never been featured in a Dragon Ball game before. At least not as playable characters. Even Bulma is a playable character.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:26 pm

shadd21 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:09 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 pm Usually if I am correct you have the V-Jump that announce new characters then one or less than two weeks and you have the release of said characters. So two to three character a month ?
Every month?
Yup also I have a theory for story mode once they have done with the story from the point of view of Shallot I think we will revisite the story from the perspective of Zahha and Giblet.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:03 pm

So we will get a new Black, and Mirai Trunks, also Mirai Gohan I think?
Future should get a nice boost which is good. I was expecting Rosé but all things considered it's better they don't release him just yet, godki doesn't need a buff considering it's top team just behind fusions. Rosé will likely be a stepup.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:35 am

Weee finally made it to top 10k for the first time
Ok I used fusion idiot-proof team but still lol

Btown Saiyan

Post by Btown Saiyan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:36 am

I'd really like to pull this new Trunks. Card art looks real good on it as well.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:27 pm

So what did you guys think about the conclusion of the Super Cell Games?

Honestly, I think they are rehashing the arcs of Z too much for comfort.

Also please tag spoilers.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Yes it's rehashing but I think with Zahha and Shallot and other party members that gives this rehashing a new fresh light.
For me the story game of Legends is good and is an nice addition to the Lore. 8)

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 am

I do enjoy it as well, specially when it deviates from what we know. Still, feels to me that they're trying too hard at making the same events more or less happen.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:04 am

Thani wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 am I do enjoy it as well, specially when it deviates from what we know. Still, feels to me that they're trying too hard at making the same events more or less happen.
Remember, we have yet to find out who took Shin hostage.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:29 am

Kanassa wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:04 am
Thani wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 am I do enjoy it as well, specially when it deviates from what we know. Still, feels to me that they're trying too hard at making the same events more or less happen.
Didn't he admit it was his doing? At least that's how I understood it. But if it was someone else, then that's great!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:02 pm

Thani wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:29 am
Kanassa wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:04 am
Didn't he admit it was his doing? At least that's how I understood it. But if it was someone else, then that's great!
He never said it was his doing or that he had a role in setting up the entire tournament, only that he was the one who people mistook Sahllot for and was killing all these Saiyans. In fact, his lines more talk like he just got caught up in this and found it a good opportunity to enact his Saiyan cleansing. Plus, Beerus has met the person who took Shin hostage, yet doesn't seem to know Giblet existed or that there was another person who looked like Shallot.

Currently, I'm betting on Zahha being a twist villain somehow.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:08 pm

No Kanassa, I'm not talking about Giblet, I'm talking about Babidi!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Man, this game should be forbidden of releasing the same characters over and over again... I get it that we can't have Namek SSJ Goku to be like Cell Games SSJ Goku e.g, but I mostly talking about Future Gohan and Base Goku Black, we already had these characters, they're not from different eras... Why have new SP variations of them?

Also impressive enough cause I though the 3# Movie 7 UST Banner would be another freaking SSJ Goku and Super Android 13

PsionicWarrior wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:35 am Weee finally made it to top 10k for the first time
Ok I used fusion idiot-proof team but still lol
Wow, you're really good at this. I don't remember the last time I reached rank 50, mostly because nowadays I don't have time to play much and when I go to PVP is most to complete the dailies.

Also which team do you use?

Well, I most expected that... Didn't concluded the last chapter yet, so I'll probably tell what I thought about it next week.
Thani wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:27 pm So what did you guys think about the conclusion of the Super Cell Games?

Honestly, I think they are rehashing the arcs of Z too much for comfort.

Also please tag spoilers.
Well, I most expected that... Didn't concluded the last chapter yet, so I'll probably tell what I thought about it next week.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:00 am

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:21 pm Future Gohan and Base Goku Black, we already had these characters, they're not from different eras... Why have new SP variations of them?
Because they're old and still popular characters from the series, in this game when units get too old their stats don't catch up anymore.

Thanks to the new Black I could use Future again:
And happy to use Zamasu and Cell again, that's two units able to counter RR, and team heavy on defense types dealing great damage and healing.
Also which team do you use?
Here is the team, the strongest one at that time. Now FF is tearing it to shreds hehehe

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:03 pm

I find the meta of this game kinda confusing it makes me lost :crazy: Also I don't seems to succeed to farm on this game and have a lot of CC for summon event it's consume so much energy and time :o