The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:25 pm
Berserker1921 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:17 pm This is a long one, but short answer. Beerus wakes ups and challenges Goku. Kicks his ass! However, can’t summon the earth dragon ball. Goes to namek, learns about the ritual. Performs it, however Goku does better as a god than he did in super. Still loses. Goku and Vegeta seek training, become much stronger than in super. Easily beat Frieza. To be honest, everything goes the same as it did in super. However Goku and Vegeta are a bit to good portion stronger than in super.
Don't forget that we would have gotten Super Saiyan 4 God Super Saiyan (SSJ4 + God Ki combined)

Ok here is a what if Chichi never stop her training and trained along with Goku, Gohan much earlier ? How that change of her personnality would have affected Gohan and how this change could affect history ?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:25 pm
Berserker1921 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:17 pm This is a long one, but short answer. Beerus wakes ups and challenges Goku. Kicks his ass! However, can’t summon the earth dragon ball. Goes to namek, learns about the ritual. Performs it, however Goku does better as a god than he did in super. Still loses. Goku and Vegeta seek training, become much stronger than in super. Easily beat Frieza. To be honest, everything goes the same as it did in super. However Goku and Vegeta are a bit to good portion stronger than in super.
Don't forget that we would have gotten Super Saiyan 4 God Super Saiyan (SSJ4 + God Ki combined)

Ok here is a what if Chichi never stop her training and trained along with Goku, Gohan much earlier ? How that change of her personnality would have affected Gohan and how this change could affect history ?
Well that's one take but how about your own take what it will be ? I am more looking at each other idea than a Youtube guy, though I am sure he has an solid opinion about this what if.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:09 am

What if Yamoshi's spirit came in contact with a Great Elder on Namek and not only told him about the ritual but also taught him how to use it on Namekians, if Saiyans pure enough were never found. Would that mean that a "Super Namekians God" could exist?

If not by that way, how could one exist? I mean, the concept of godly Namekians is the most easily exploitable imo. Most Guardians (who are Gods) are Namekians, they have a connection to the Dragon Balls and the godly Eternal Dragons and there is the red-eyed Namekians form from SDBH that is comparable to a Super Saiyan God.
P O W E R

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:17 am

What If Goku defeated Jackie Chun in the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai? Now at first glance, this sounds very inconsequential, nothing would really change, but, could this have a major effect on the story and Goku's character?
Caulifla best girl! :)

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Post by peterx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:57 pm

What if Goku turned into Super Saiyan when powered up in front of Nappa and Vegeta at the beginning of DBZ? :D
Would Vegeta convince him to kill Freeza if he is that strong?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:44 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:09 am What if Yamoshi's spirit came in contact with a Great Elder on Namek and not only told him about the ritual but also taught him how to use it on Namekians, if Saiyans pure enough were never found. Would that mean that a "Super Namekians God" could exist?

If not by that way, how could one exist? I mean, the concept of godly Namekians is the most easily exploitable imo. Most Guardians (who are Gods) are Namekians, they have a connection to the Dragon Balls and the godly Eternal Dragons and there is the red-eyed Namekians form from SDBH that is comparable to a Super Saiyan God.
I guess it would have to be a godly namekian of the fighting type to actually make a difference if the ritual could be perfomed on non-saiyans, and he should be much stronger than Kamicollo. If that would've happened, then Freeza would have been erased from existence after said SNG heard about the first destroyed village. Later on, help Gohan and Krillin with their wish, kill Vegeta, Goku would never go to Namek or master Kaioken, of course no SS nor knowing about the legend, and the Z-senshi would be easily killed by Android 19 and 20 years later.
Other way could be having the mysterious Zalama show up eons ago and teach some strong fighting namekian how to attain god ki instead on only teaching them about the dragon balls.

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:17 am What If Goku defeated Jackie Chun in the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai? Now at first glance, this sounds very inconsequential, nothing would really change, but, could this have a major effect on the story and Goku's character?
I think MasakoX did the usual 45 part what if about that, if you want to check it out, I haven't.
IIRC, Jackie Chun's goal was to keep Goku humble and prevent him from getting cocky and believing he was the strongest and sleep on his ass. Goku was already humble and eager to keep improving, so at first glance I don't think it would've changed anything, it didn't carve Goku's character really.

peterx wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:57 pm What if Goku turned into Super Saiyan when powered up in front of Nappa and Vegeta at the beginning of DBZ? :D
Would Vegeta convince him to kill Freeza if he is that strong?
I'd say he'd die of pure envy (actually dying because of a super kame hame ha to the face), but that would be boring, so yeah, maybe he'd manipulate Goku to go to Freeza's planet and challenge him, and find a way to kill the winner, which would be Freeza without even having to transform. Who knows, maybe First Form Freeza ends up battered enough after killing SS Goku that a well-rested Vegeta could take the win. (Goku would have already killed the Ginyu Force, well defeated, Vegeta probably killed them like in Namek)

-----

What if Broly turned SS4 in M8? how strong would he be? after killing them all, who could end up stopping him in the future? who would stop him from the GT-verse and from the Super-verse?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 am

What if Piccolo Daimao didn't die but gave still birth to Piccolo Jr how the future of this world would differ ? Does Kami dying means Piccolo Daimao dead and Piccolo Jr too ? Does Piccolo Jr would have been stronger ? Does Piccolo Jr would have bear a different name ? :o

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:19 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 am What if Piccolo Daimao didn't die but gave still birth to Piccolo Jr how the future of this world would differ ? Does Kami dying means Piccolo Daimao dead and Piccolo Jr too ? Does Piccolo Jr would have been stronger ? Does Piccolo Jr would have bear a different name ? :o
I kinda think that our Piccolo would follow a path of his own, independent from Daimao. He would join the Tournaments etc, but Daimao would only want to use him for his strength and eventually he would try to either bring him back to his side or kill him. I doubt that he would have a different name, but what interests me the most is how everything would go should Garlic Junior appear.

I mean, Kami and Piccolo were once the same person, so if we tie Daimao in this, would Garlic face him too? Perhaps. I have to think a lot about potential ideas that would come up. Not to mention that I could write down an entire thread of ideas. Lol

It would seriously affect the continuity of DB, at least in the years following the 23rd Tenkaichi and the time after the Freeza saga as we near to the Android saga.
P O W E R

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:19 amWhat interests me the most is how everything would go should Garlic Junior appear.

I mean, Kami and Piccolo were once the same person, so if we tie Daimao in this, would Garlic face him too? Perhaps. I have to think a lot about potential ideas that would come up. Not to mention that I could write down an entire thread of ideas. Lol
Well of course if you want tie in Garlic Jr in this what if then of course you will have a more interesting thing happening lol

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:19 amWhat interests me the most is how everything would go should Garlic Junior appear.

Well of course if you want tie in Garlic Jr in this what if then of course you will have a more interesting thing happening lol
Yeah. Because tbh, I think that DB is lacking a lot in this part of the spectrum. Everything related to Daimao, the Garlic Jr mini arc, the Dead Zone movie, the Lord Slug movie, the Namekians themselves, the role of a planet's guardian and the connection of the nameks with the eternal dragon as are extremely interesting topics that should be touched upon again, considering the fact that Moro kinda had the possibility of bringing the Nameks back into the game.

There is also Saonel and Purina from U6 with themselves being able to tell a good story about their Namekians. Of course other universe stuff should wait, unless if it helped with establishing something about Zalama.

I have thought of a new arc for Super 2,if it returns that would heavily involve Namekians, their society the Guardians of planets ect by also introducing Zalama or something similar.
P O W E R

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:56 pm

What If Vegeta took over Freeza's Empire when he left Earth after Namek?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:21 am
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 am

Yeah. Because tbh, I think that DB is lacking a lot in this part of the spectrum. Everything related to Daimao, the Garlic Jr mini arc, the Dead Zone movie, the Lord Slug movie, the Namekians themselves, the role of a planet's guardian and the connection of the nameks with the eternal dragon as are extremely interesting topics that should be touched upon again, considering the fact that Moro kinda had the possibility of bringing the Nameks back into the game.

There is also Saonel and Purina from U6 with themselves being able to tell a good story about their Namekians. Of course other universe stuff should wait, unless if it helped with establishing something about Zalama.

I have thought of a new arc for Super 2,if it returns that would heavily involve Namekians, their society the Guardians of planets ect by also introducing Zalama or something similar.
Well for that we need to wait for the "Moro arc" to finish ^^

Little question guys I know we are not on the video games section but what is your favourite What if story you've played from the Shin Budokai game series ? (On PSP)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:56 pm What If Vegeta took over Freeza's Empire when he left Earth after Namek?

He would want to amp up his ranks and fight non-stop in order to grow stronger and become a SS himself, but probably stay away for a while from Earth's zone and the LSSJ, and also under the radar from Cold's army. Then try his new powers on other civilizations before heading back to Mt. Paozu, army and all. Without Vegeta there was no Trunks, no medicine for Goku, no nothing, King Cold and Mecha Freeza are killed by Goku on his return and he died later. When Vegeta arrives he meets Android 17 and 18. The original SS Vegeta died at their hands, this one might be stronger due to training against aliens from other parts of the universe instead of alone in the dark at Bulma's, and now with a 1000 men army he might have a better chance. So the Saiyan Army wins, Vegeta angrily destroys the planet (Buu will never be a thing) because Goku was dead. But also feels forever empty inside because he never got to defeat the LSS and shoots himself one rainy tuesday.

But that would be boring, better make it that he comes to Earth immediately after becoming a SS which would be within the year Goku came back and killed King Cold who was too busy plotting to invade Earth to notice his son's army gone rogue. Vegeta plans a massive scale invasion, every fucking soldier has to go, 20.000 aliens show up with SS Vegeta who is welcomed by Son Goku and friends. They don't know if Vegeta is now evil or nice like in Namek, only Goku trusts him, the rest keep shouting at him that Vegeta is there to destroy them all like he promised in the saiyan arc finale.
So, SS Vegeta vs SS Goku fight to the death.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:13 pm

I always wondered how Zamasu could have reacted to the existence of a being like Omega Shenron. Would he be disgusted? Would he view him as an enemy due to his powers and negative energy? Or would he think of him somewhat godly due to his connection with the Eternal Dragons and become an ally to him?

Also, would it be a good idea for Merged Zamasu to unfuse for once even if it is for a small amount of time, just to get some of Black back? XD
P O W E R

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:13 pm I always wondered how Zamasu could have reacted to the existence of a being like Omega Shenron. Would he be disgusted? Would he view him as an enemy due to his powers and negative energy? Or would he think of him somewhat godly due to his connection with the Eternal Dragons and become an ally to him?

Also, would it be a good idea for Merged Zamasu to unfuse for once even if it is for a small amount of time, just to get some of Black back? XD
Omega would be fodder to Zamasu. I don't think he'd view him as godly, nor be threatened by his power at all, IMO GT peaked at SSGod. Omega's ki wasn't godly either, unlike SSGod/Blue, and Zamasu never ever thought of them as gods due to their ki. The idea of the dragons being deities comes from being created by Kami, and not even that kind of god is considered by Zamasu as gods.
Actually he may be disgusted at the fact that those little shitty earth DBs gave birth to a creature that wants to rule all and might even raise his hand against him, when he deals with the Super Dragon Balls.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:33 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:07 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:13 pm I always wondered how Zamasu could have reacted to the existence of a being like Omega Shenron. Would he be disgusted? Would he view him as an enemy due to his powers and negative energy? Or would he think of him somewhat godly due to his connection with the Eternal Dragons and become an ally to him?

Omega would be fodder to Zamasu. I don't think he'd view him as godly, nor be threatened by his power at all, IMO GT peaked at SSGod. Omega's ki wasn't godly either, unlike SSGod/Blue, and Zamasu never ever thought of them as gods due to their ki. The idea of the dragons being deities comes from being created by Kami, and not even that kind of god is considered by Zamasu as gods.
Actually he may be disgusted at the fact that those little shitty earth DBs gave birth to a creature that wants to rule all and might even raise his hand against him, when he deals with the Super Dragon Balls.
Yeah, that's a good interpretation of what would probably happen. Especially the last part. So, should we wait for the Super Dragon Ball's version of a shadow dragon to appear and be a real force to be reckoned with? :shock: :?

And then in the midst of the fight, when all hope seems lost, comes Zalama to face the Dragon. Lol
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Eh, I dunno. He shattered the Super Dragon Balls as soon as he was done with them, so that means that he probably wouldn't have a lot of respect for the Shadow Dragons. He certainly didn't seem to care about destroying the most important godly artifacts in the cosmos.

That's actually a good question. On one hand, Omega is trying to punish mortals for their misdoings, which is what Zamasu does too. But on the other, Omega is also a blatantly evil creature who wants to turn the universe into a shadowy wasteland. And that's certainly not what Zamasu wants! He wants the universe to be a beautiful utopia, so I think he'd team up with Omega to defeat the mortals then backstab him as soon as he's outlived his usefulness.

To answer your second question, nah, Fused Zamasu was cool. If anything I wanted more screentime for his Halo form. He turned into his ugly form way too quickly ;_;

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:30 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Eh, I dunno. He shattered the Super Dragon Balls as soon as he was done with them, so that means that he probably wouldn't have a lot of respect for the Shadow Dragons. He certainly didn't seem to care about destroying the most important godly artifacts in the cosmos.

That's actually a good question. On one hand, Omega is trying to punish mortals for their misdoings, which is what Zamasu does too. But on the other, Omega is also a blatantly evil creature who wants to turn the universe into a shadowy wasteland. And that's certainly not what Zamasu wants! He wants the universe to be a beautiful utopia, so I think he'd team up with Omega to defeat the mortals then backstab him as soon as he's outlived his usefulness.

To answer your second question, nah, Fused Zamasu was cool. If anything I wanted more screentime for his Halo form. He turned into his ugly form way too quickly ;_;
Yeah. I mean given how he became somewhat allies with Hearts, whose ideology contradicts Zamasu's utopic non-mortals world, anything is possible. He would be somewhat more relaxed with Omega.

While with beings like Janemba and Kid Buu (spoilers for Fighterz) Goku Black's new voicelines indicate that such "demonic" creatures have to be annihilated.

Still, there is the question how Zamasu would react to individuals such as Demigra and Mechikabura, who themselves are enemies. "Godly" demons, perhaps Makaioshins. I guess that he would view them as an even greater blasphemy towards the gods than Super Saiyan God Goku and Vegeta (I indicate the role, not the form, as the duo were Super Saiyan Gods).
P O W E R

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:47 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:33 am
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Yeah, that's a good interpretation of what would probably happen. Especially the last part. So, should we wait for the Super Dragon Ball's version of a shadow dragon to appear and be a real force to be reckoned with? :shock: :?

And then in the midst of the fight, when all hope seems lost, comes Zalama to face the Dragon. Lol
Well, the franchise has been taking stuff from GT, Broly's controlled ape form and then SS is sort of SS4. Kamioren from Heroes looks like Baby. The idea of the Super Shadow Dragons could be really cool. The 12 Hakaishin + Jiren + Goku + Vegeta + Broly vs the 7 Super Shadow Dragons.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:30 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Yeah. I mean given how he became somewhat allies with Hearts, whose ideology contradicts Zamasu's utopic non-mortals world, anything is possible. He would be somewhat more relaxed with Omega.

While with beings like Janemba and Kid Buu (spoilers for Fighterz) Goku Black's new voicelines indicate that such "demonic" creatures have to be annihilated.

Still, there is the question how Zamasu would react to individuals such as Demigra and Mechikabura, who themselves are enemies. "Godly" demons, perhaps Makaioshins. I guess that he would view them as an even greater blasphemy towards the gods than Super Saiyan God Goku and Vegeta (I indicate the role, not the form, as the duo were Super Saiyan Gods).
Zamasu is a Kai supremacist, so he probably despises the Makaioshins even more than mortals. I mean, they are basically evil gods who were dumbed at birth by the Kais, so a guy who thinks that the Kais are the ultimate species in the cosmos probably wouldn't be too fond of Demigra and Mechikabura. Also, and I don't really know much about these guys aside from their origins, don't they run an empire that wants to break time itself? Zamasu would detest that, seeing as one of the main reasons for his hatred of mortals is that a mortal broke reality itself with time travel.

I'm not surprised that Black wants Janemba and Kid Buu annihilated tbh. They are chaotic beasts, so they simply cannot coexist with the idea of a world of order and peace that he wants. The same would apply to Omega, the Makaioshins, and pretty much every other villain in Dragon Ball. They all seek to continue the cycle of chaos and war in one way or another, which is the opposite of what Zamasu wants.