Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:49 am

FUNi filed a motion for Supplemental Evidence yesterday, showcasing the contracts proving Vic's dismissal was lawful. Updated affidavits for Karen Mika (Funi's VP of Operations) and Scott Barretto (FUNi's Senior Director of Public Relations are also included.

Page 25 includes a "special" shout-out for ISWV.
EXBadguy wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:38 am Alright, so I know about two con interruptions, one with Marchi and the other with Sabat. I heard there was a third one, but I don't have the time to look for it, as I'm a busy man, so if anyone can find the very first one, that'd be great!

Icky-Vicky Dicknogna. Nice ring to it!
It was a Monica Rial panel that, believe it or not, happened on the same day as Marchi's. I don't recall if there's video of it, however.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:12 am

Thanks for clearing my questions up guys. I had somebody come tell me Kara and Monica Rial were caught in lies and I knew it had to be more to the stroy.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:29 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:12 am Thanks for clearing my questions up guys. I had somebody come tell me Kara and Monica Rial were caught in lies and I knew it had to be more to the stroy.
Thanks for trusting us! Well, them, I didn't contribute anything. :roll:

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:55 am

Yowza, someone took the time to Google Doc all of Greg's legal citations from the Threatnaught, alongside all the *legal experts who've commented on the case.

*Names are redacted for what I imagine are safety reasons.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:56 am

Seems like Huber is kind of a nut himself. When he used to run a Catholic school, he'd tell his students to not read Harry Potter books because demons would possess them. He also thinks the Earth is flat. Good voice actor, but a nut.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:04 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:56 am Seems like Huber is kind of a nut himself. When he used to run a Catholic school, he'd tell his students to not read Harry Potter books because demons would possess them. He also thinks the Earth is flat. Good voice actor, but a nut.
OMG, he actually believes something that was thought to be factual centuries ago but now long since debunked is true. Just wow...
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:01 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:56 am Seems like Huber is kind of a nut himself. When he used to run a Catholic school, he'd tell his students to not read Harry Potter books because demons would possess them. He also thinks the Earth is flat. Good voice actor, but a nut.
I knew about the Flat Earther thing, but the Harry Potter story is news to me. Where'd you hear that?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:43 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:01 pm
I knew about the Flat Earther thing, but the Harry Potter story is news to me. Where'd you hear that?
https://twitter.com/JinglesPigtails/sta ... 8835254273
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Makes me surprised he would be involved with a series like Dragonball, which includes all kinds of magic, demons, and pagan gods...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:48 pm Makes me surprised he would be involved with a series like Dragonball, which includes all kinds of magic, demons, and pagan gods...
I recall way back in the early 2000's, when Pokemon was still in it's "bonanza/craze/blitz up the wazoo" days and got blasted regularly by some overconcerned individuals claiming it had Satanic themes, occult overtones and some other nonsense. Here are a few tidbits i found from premiere site Dogasu's Backpack showing some crazy examples of people at the time who were reaching for reasons to denounce the franchise as corrupting or negatively influencing the kiddies. I just have to say, re reading the things written in the articles from back then after so long made me think "Good lord, what were these people on." because it seems some people just don't understand something at face value and look too deeply for things that just aren't there.

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/bashing/satanic.html

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/bashing/p ... kemon.html
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:23 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:43 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:01 pm
https://twitter.com/JinglesPigtails/sta ... 8835254273
Oh dear.
It was surreal. The grades were combined bc there were so few students. The families were very traditional, and most of the teachers were parents. Chuck fired and replaced our principal halfway thru the year. also fired a teacher for not getting over her dad's death fast enough.
Ohhhhh dear.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:48 pm Makes me surprised he would be involved with a series like Dragonball, which includes all kinds of magic, demons, and pagan gods...
They're not demons, they're "Piccolo's clan", right Kunzait? :lol:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Eh, people change. It's probable he's loosened up on that stuff considerably, over the years. Enough to tolerate Vic's shenanigans with young girls, at any rate.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Let me get this straight, H'huck Cuber is a fundie, Mic Vignogna is a fundie, Fukunaga is a fundie and associates with big-name fundies like Vignogna and Sick Rantorum and they all work together at the company producing for a cartoon that Fukunaga had to beg his Kamen Rider producer uncle to use his connections to let his shitty company based in a non-union state to license and dub with unprofessional actors and librarians.

Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:55 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:23 pm Let me get this straight, H'huck Cuber is a fundie, Mic Vignogna is a fundie, Fukunaga is a fundie and associates with big-name fundies like Vignogna and Sick Rantorum and they all work together at the company producing for a cartoon that Fukunaga had to beg his Kamen Rider producer uncle to use his connections to let his shitty company based in a non-union state to license and dub with unprofessional actors and librarians.

Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.
Legitimate question, why do you type their names like that?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Not her, but because it's funny most likely, however I have seen people on Twitter change the name around slightly as a measure of keeping their tweets from showing up in ISWV's searches for people to harass.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:07 pm Not her, but because it's funny most likely, however I have seen people on Twitter change the name around slightly as a measure of keeping their tweets from showing up in ISWV's searches for people to harass.
Nail on the head. I want to avoid trolls and these names help with that.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Mr. Lasagna got all emotional again in New York with his fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... IFmk8MRmOs

When one of the guys calls him "King", I really wanted to throw up.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm

"King", huh? So they're as delusional as Kanye's enablers.

It's amazing how the guiltiest people are always the ones who clamor the most for civility.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm "King", huh? So they're as delusional as Kanye's enablers.

It's amazing how the guiltiest people are always the ones who clamor the most for civility.
Wait, what did Kanye West do?