"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by omegacwa » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 pm
omegacwa wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am
Nickolaidas wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:57 am

Really.

Not … Goku Fighter Z?

Or maybe Goku & Vegeta Z?

No? OK, then …
I would be totally fine with MUI Goku and Evolution Vegeta making it in. You could even argue for Majin Vegeta as well. Other than that I don't want anymore. SSJ4 would be pointless, in my opinion. No need for SSJ2 Goku or Vegeta as their movesets were basically merged with just standard SSJ. No need for SSJ3 either.
Please no. Evolution is so similar to Blue it would be a waste. If they can change costumes like Videl's short hair/pigtails, all theyd have to do is make the blue slightly darker and you'd have Blu
Uh, Build is more muscular, visible veins, pupils and reflections in eyes. Hair is actually blue and not aqua, has darker shading and solid white highlights. Special moves could be Hakai busting punch and barrage with level 3 or 5 being "final" explosion.

MUI has no new moves other than when he did that crazy dodging. I could easily argue against MUI Goku. I'm saying I'm fine with it because of it's "iconic" look and popularity. It makes sense.
Last edited by omegacwa on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:02 pm

omegacwa wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm
omegacwa wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am

I would be totally fine with MUI Goku and Evolution Vegeta making it in. You could even argue for Majin Vegeta as well. Other than that I don't want anymore. SSJ4 would be pointless, in my opinion. No need for SSJ2 Goku or Vegeta as their movesets were basically merged with just standard SSJ. No need for SSJ3 either.
Please no. Evolution is so similar to Blue it would be a waste. If they can change costumes like Videl's short hair/pigtails, all theyd have to do is make the blue slightly darker and you'd have Blu
Uh, Build is more muscular, visible veins, pupils and reflections in eyes. Hair is actually blue and not aqua, has darker shading and solid white highlights. Special moves could be Hakai busting punch and barrage with level 3 or 5 being "final" explosion.
Having pupils, different shade of blue and reflections in his eyes as a "new form" still doesn't deserve a new slot.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:02 pm
omegacwa wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Having pupils, different shade of blue and reflections in his eyes as a "new form" still doesn't deserve a new slot.
Fine, an Install with Level five "final explosion"

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm

omegacwa wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am I would be totally fine with MUI Goku and Evolution Vegeta making it in. You could even argue for Majin Vegeta as well. Other than that I don't want anymore. SSJ4 would be pointless, in my opinion. No need for SSJ2 Goku or Vegeta as their movesets were basically merged with just standard SSJ. No need for SSJ3 either.
Imagine thinking SSJ4 is waste of slot but SSJBE isn't lol.

Also:
Trio De Dangers
I laughed hard. They are about as relevant for DBS as Para Para Brothers were for GT.
And you will probably never see Cabba or Dyspo in this game either. Unless they really plan to make like 10 DLC seasons
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:37 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm
omegacwa wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 am I would be totally fine with MUI Goku and Evolution Vegeta making it in. You could even argue for Majin Vegeta as well. Other than that I don't want anymore. SSJ4 would be pointless, in my opinion. No need for SSJ2 Goku or Vegeta as their movesets were basically merged with just standard SSJ. No need for SSJ3 either.

Also:
Trio De Dangers
I laughed hard. They are about as relevant for DBS as Para Para Brothers were for GT.
And you will probably never see Cabba or Dyspo in this game either. Unless they really plan to make like 10 DLC seasons
HAHA. Those wolves were so hella lame.

And MUI Goku (why isn't AUI??) already has a sweet move. The finishing move he used on Kefla. Come on people. That was one of the most badass moves Goku ever pulled. Using his Kamehameha to flip over her energy beam? That was epic.

Cabba and Dyspo? Meh. Cabba is kinda lame imo. Dyspo has a better shot but neither were truly important in that arc.
I would rather see Caulifa or Kefla. Not enough female characters.
-Questrider

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:46 am

At this point, I wouldn't put it past them to find a way to squeeze more forms in. Ultra Instinct is the only one that deserves it (my preference would be Omen by default, MUI for a super, which fits with the pattern for other Gokus), but even so I bet they'll try to squeeze (in order of likelihood) God, SS4 and Majin Vegeta as well. SSBE is a much lower chance, it's just the grade two version of SSB in terms of visuals.

A season 3 isn't a given- they might drop support entirely after season 2 to focus on Guilty Gear and other stuff. But if it does happen, no way they won't include more Gokus and/or Vegetas. It's how Bandai do.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 am

So there's a possibility of 4 new characters coming? Crossing my fingers for Muten Roshi.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:47 am

MainJPW wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 am So there's a possibility of 4 new characters coming? Crossing my fingers for Muten Roshi.
Anything's a possibility, but nothing has been said about the future of the game

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:54 am

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:47 am
MainJPW wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 am So there's a possibility of 4 new characters coming? Crossing my fingers for Muten Roshi.
Anything's a possibility, but nothing has been said about the future of the game
I know nothing's confirmed, but the 4 new character slots do present a likelihood. I could see it happening.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:09 am

MainJPW wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:54 am
mute_proxy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:47 am
I know nothing's confirmed, but the 4 new character slots do present a likelihood. I could see it happening.
There are no 4 new character slots

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:19 am

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:09 am There are no 4 new character slots
Sorry, I meant to say 4 new unused ID's. They were added in the Janemba update.

https://twitter.com/YaBoiSaitsu/status/ ... 6855683072

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:57 am

If Season 3 is four characters, these are the candidates in my opinion:

UI Goku (white hair 50% chance - I would give him 100% chance, but the amount of Gokus and the negative feedback ArcSys is getting from the fandom about 'Goku FIghterZ' *may* make them hesitant of putting him in the game right now)

Kefla (100% chance - the most powerful female Saiyan fighter of the show is long overdue)

Roshi (25% chance - I would consider him a 100% at this point, but his no-flying lessens his odds)

Dabura (25% chance - is popular and one of the few remaining Z villains of the classic show)

Cabba (25% chance - is a Saiyan, so that immediately makes his chances better than others)

Androids #20 and #19 (10% chance - their moveset could have potential, but they were overshadowed by the far more popular and boring Androids 16,17 & 18)

(God) Toppo (50% chance - one of the best remaining antagonists of Super that hasn't being brought to the game yet)

Ribrianne (25% chance - female, gag character, unique moveset, controversial choice, all in one package)

Moro (50% chance - a good way of capitalizing on the current popularity of the manga. Also, unique design and moveset)

Zarbon (25% chance - classic Z villain, like Dabura - his monstrous form as a lvl 3 install could make him really interesting, although they might just make it a lvl 3 super)

Raditz: (25% chance - Goku's brother and the missing Saiyan from making the Saiyan trio of the Vegeta arc)

Frost (25% chance - his inclusion makes a 3 member team of Frieza race characters. He also had quite a few cool fights having fought Piccolo, Goku, Vegeta & Roshi)

All in all, plenty of characters to choose from.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 am

When it comes to the new stage that will be added, there's a good chance it's Janemba's hell:

- this place was quickly featured as a background shot during the Janemba announcement trailer.
- it would fit with the confirmed Dramatic Finish of Gogeta VS Janemba. Chances are they altered the mechanics just for the trailer so that the Dramatic Finish happens in the Kaioshin World this once and it doesn't reveal the new stage yet.

There's also the possibility of an ice stage from the latest movie, but we're not even sure Gogeta Blue is going to have a Dramatic Finish with Broly yet (after all, Broly wasn't killed in that scene).

So yeah, I would bet that the new stage is Janemba's hell, to be released at the same time as Gogeta and his Dramatic Finish with Janemba.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:38 pm

Also:
Trio De Dangers
Look, Evolution is new, Was used to defeat a major antagonist, and was featured in Dragon Ball Heroes. It is more relevant than SSJ4. I understand the SSJ4 in general is "popular" although not in my eyes. GT as a whole was ill thought out and I don't understand people who think it's better than Super.

I also conceded that it would work well as an install on SSB Vegeta.

The Trio De Dangers have unique looks, movesets, and were the antagonists of a mini arc. They could be lumped as one character with Bergamo as the lead.

If they do another season and Roshi, Kefla, and Toppo aren't in it that is straight up stupid.

Why is everyone hung up on the Roshi not flying thing? This is a video game. It doesn't matter at all.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 am

omegacwa wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am Look, Evolution is new, Was used to defeat a major antagonist, and was featured in Dragon Ball Heroes. It is more relevant than SSJ4. I understand the SSJ4 in general is "popular" although not in my eyes. GT as a whole was ill thought out and I don't understand people who think it's better than Super.
Let's pretend SSJ4 didn't defeat a main villain (and some major dragons) and DBH didn't give this form to Gohan, Broly and Bardock.
It's not anywhere as relevant as SSJ4. That thing appeared at the end of series, out of nowhere and is considered to be anime filler for now.

It's not about which series or form you like more.
SSJ4 is far more relevant, far more popular and far more original form. Simple as that.
Even moveset would be better since SSJ4 Goku had some signature moves. SSBE doesn't.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:44 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 am
omegacwa wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am Look, Evolution is new, Was used to defeat a major antagonist, and was featured in Dragon Ball Heroes. It is more relevant than SSJ4. I understand the SSJ4 in general is "popular" although not in my eyes. GT as a whole was ill thought out and I don't understand people who think it's better than Super.
Let's pretend SSJ4 didn't defeat a main villain (and some major dragons) and DBH didn't give this form to Gohan, Broly and Bardock.
It's not anywhere as relevant as SSJ4. That thing appeared at the end of series, out of nowhere and is considered to be anime filler for now.

It's not about which series or form you like more.
SSJ4 is far more relevant, far more popular and far more original form. Simple as that.
Even moveset would be better since SSJ4 Goku had some signature moves. SSBE doesn't.
Cool. I mean Vegeta specifically, not Goku. I understand the argument for SSJ4 Goku.

Also the argument that SSBE is anime only filler is irrelevant (Even though it kind of appeared in the Manga). All of GT is considered Non Canon so SSJ4 is anime only filler as well.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 pm

*MY* personal opinion, but ...

If Vegeta SSBE gets into the game as a DLC character, I will honestly never buy DLC for FighterZ ever again. Ever. I will consider it an insult to the IQ score of every FighterZ fan everywhere.

It is the single greatest waste of a character slot. Ever.

EVER.

Heck, even more of a waste than Super Movie Broly for me.

I cannot find anything that makes this 'form' have a legitimate reason to be on the game when SSB forms are aplenty. If SSB Vegeta wasn't in the game I would consider it. But now ... it's stupid. Seriously, it's like putting SSJ2 Goku when SSJ Goku is already in the game (and vice versa).

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 pm *MY* personal opinion, but ...

If Vegeta SSBE gets into the game as a DLC character, I will honestly never buy DLC for FighterZ ever again. Ever. I will consider it an insult to the IQ score of every FighterZ fan everywhere.

It is the single greatest waste of a character slot. Ever.

EVER.

Heck, even more of a waste than Super Movie Broly for me.

I cannot find anything that makes this 'form' have a legitimate reason to be on the game when SSB forms are aplenty. If SSB Vegeta wasn't in the game I would consider it. But now ... it's stupid. Seriously, it's like putting SSJ2 Goku when SSJ Goku is already in the game (and vice versa).
This is exactly why people have been arguing for "skins" and/or more installs. SSBE might not be worthy of a slot, but it would be a killer install. Add in Hakai busting bunch and level 5 or 7 final explosion.

SSJ2 Vegeta, if we are talking about Majin Vegeta has some validity, but SSJ2 Goku would be pointless. I agree with you on that.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 pm

omegacwa wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:15 pm
This is exactly why people have been arguing for "skins" and/or more installs. SSBE might not be worthy of a slot, but it would be a killer install. Add in Hakai busting bunch and level 5 or 7 final explosion.

SSJ2 Vegeta, if we are talking about Majin Vegeta has some validity, but SSJ2 Goku would be pointless. I agree with you on that.
Ah! As a skin or an install, sure! Go nuts!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:08 am

I feel like we will probably get another GT character since GT Kid Goku on his own feels out of place if you ask me. Baby Vegeta or Super Yi Xing Long would make the most sense to do next.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/