Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Brikikoz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:36 am
Brikikoz wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:36 am
RandomGuy96 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:15 pm I'm calling bullshit. If teleporting people with a punch was possible, the "fighting genius" Goku would have done that to Cell or Buu (or had Kaioshin do it).
Goku doesn't have that kind of IT. He specifically says it requires focus on both the user and the target.

This is why he couldn't use it when fighting Kid Buu as he nuked the planet--he couldn't focus and would have died if not for Kaioshin using his superior teleportation. Vegetto has the superior version, so he taught it to Bra, and he's shown it's possible to use it without any telltale signs (like when he put Ginyu back into Cold).

And while you are correct that Kaoishin COULD have done this, DBZ is full of characters forgetting their powers that would've won the fight because Toriyama constantly forgot or wanted to make the fight dramatic. Example: Krillin could have cut tons of villains in half with the Kienzen, but always forgot he had it. So, if anything, Saligir is writing the characters better in the sense they are using their abilities to their fullest potential.
To be fair, by the time Perfect Cell came into being, Krillin's Destro-Disc was pretty much useless. On beings stronger than Perfect Cell? Yeah.
Krillin should have been able to Solar flare+Kienzen a lot of villains, but Toriyama likely realized that was a game-breaking ability so it was nerfed fast. Krillin should have been able to kill everyone from Nappa to Freeza with that combo. It's actually a real problem for the writing; Goku should've been able to take out everyone post-Cell with the Warp Kamehameha (which is why Buu had to be ridiculously regenerative to keep the drama going).

One thing Multiverse has done right is having alt-universes where the characters actually did more logical things. The Freeza-wins universe, for example, had Krillin actually use real lethal attacks on Zarbon.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Kuririn never forgot he had the Kienzan, but everyone just dodged it easily.

The Kienzan+Taiyo-ken is a fan theory combo and there's no guarantee it'd even work. Both Vegeta and Freeza dodged the Kienzan from behind, and they can't sense ki. It's not some wonder combo that would allow Kuririn to beat anyone. Anyone thinking it is is just making too many assumptions on how effective the techniques are.

Multiverse trying to be 'smarter' and using these fan ideas would be bad because it then creates holes in its own continuity (since the manga is part of it). What they should be doing is find ways that their story can fit with established continuity. At least when they did the Kienzan+Taiyo-ken combo it didn't kill Zarbon.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Saiga wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:56 pm Kuririn never forgot he had the Kienzan, but everyone just dodged it easily.
If you want to be exact, when a character forgets, it's really just Toriyama, who is quite open about the fact he forgets details here and there. When he was writing rapid-pace in the 90s with changing editors, it's not really a surprise details are lost in the cracks. Another good example is Roshi's mind reading ability which everyone keeps forgetting about.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:05 pm

It doesn't matter who you're saying forgot, it's simply not true. Kuririn used his Kienzan regularly, which is a bit of a stand out given that many techniques aren't reused in the manga.

So it's a very silly claim to say Kuririn or Toriyama forgot.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Ratatouille Cell Jr? Ok then.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Between senzu regeneration bs , and Cell Full body regeneration bs...I don't think I have the energy to call this one out. Mini Cell creator? Fine. Whatever.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Mini Cell is awesome (and so cute! :D )

I have no idea why the poster above is complaining. This here is classic Dragon Ball!

I'm more annoyed by Bra's, huh, kick(???) in the first panel... What the hell was that?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 pm

Well, you know how senzu are so vaguely explained, DBM decided that senzu = instant limb regeneration? Well because no one said Cell couldn't make chicken sized eggs, he can do it. But I'm not complaining. This is quite low on the list of complaints.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:48 am

Saiga wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:05 pm It doesn't matter who you're saying forgot, it's simply not true. Kuririn used his Kienzan regularly, which is a bit of a stand out given that many techniques aren't reused in the manga.

So it's a very silly claim to say Kuririn or Toriyama forgot.
Toriyama himself admits he forgets things and details. The only silly claim is to deny that.
FoolsGil wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 pm Between senzu regeneration bs , and Cell Full body regeneration bs...I don't think I have the energy to call this one out. Mini Cell creator? Fine. Whatever.
What's a Cell Junior?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:26 am

I'm not denying it at all. You're just applying a general claim to something that it doesn't actually fit.

"Toriyama forgets details" does not mean "Toriyama forgot anything I say he did to suit my argument".

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:20 am

Gohan and Cell Jr. working together? That's awesome! and its done in a creative way to boot. Its moments like this why I stay vested in this comic.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 am

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 pm Well, you know how senzu are so vaguely explained, DBM decided that senzu = instant limb regeneration? Well because no one said Cell couldn't make chicken sized eggs, he can do it. But I'm not complaining. This is quite low on the list of complaints.
DBM didnt explain it. It was explicitly said that Senzu could regrow limbs.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Does anyone know how many pages we have left?

If Bra loses the majin power up, will she lose control of ss2 like she used to, or will she keep that now?
At least she'll lose the majin boost, and if Piccolos can get beans to gohans and cell (and maybe Goten) the 3/5/6 of them should be able to manage something using skill and teamwork, and their like 2-3 spare beans...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Marco Polo wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm I'm more annoyed by Bra's, huh, kick(???) in the first panel... What the hell was that?
That pose and panel actually look very familiar. I think it's a homage to another fight, possibly another manga altogether, but I can't place it quite yet.

Edit-This is getting closer, but not quite what I was thinking. I think Asura does art homages a lot.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 am
FoolsGil wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 pm Well, you know how senzu are so vaguely explained, DBM decided that senzu = instant limb regeneration? Well because no one said Cell couldn't make chicken sized eggs, he can do it. But I'm not complaining. This is quite low on the list of complaints.
No, they don't. Doesn't matter-either way, the regen already happened. Let's move on.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:01 pm

The Trunks special chapter has Trunks say that the senzu could have regrown Gohan's arm - but I still find the instant re-attchment to be a pretty big stretch.

But the mini-Cell Junior who can teleport perfectly to Bra's ki that was on Gohan's head with no foreshadowing... That's really stupid.

Really would have worked better to have Gohan be able to be sensed by Vegetto and the others.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 pm

Saiga wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:01 pm The Trunks special chapter has Trunks say that the senzu could have regrown Gohan's arm - but I still find the instant re-attchment to be a pretty big stretch.

But the mini-Cell Junior who can teleport perfectly to Bra's ki that was on Gohan's head with no foreshadowing... That's really stupid.

Really would have worked better to have Gohan be able to be sensed by Vegetto and the others.
What do you mean by re-attachment? Didn't Bra grow a whole new arm?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Can't check on my phone but I thought she ate the senzu while her arm was juuuust falling away from her body which made it re-attach.

Edit: forgot the pages get posted to this thread. Yeah, she regrows a new one, as the old one can be seen falling to the ground. I initially thought she had grabbed her arm to bring it closer but she was just going for the senzu.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Saiga wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:48 pm Can't check on my phone but I thought she ate the senzu while her arm was juuuust falling away from her body which made it re-attach.
Nah, she grew a new one, the old one hit the ground with a thump.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:06 am

FoolsGil wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:11 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 am
No, they don't. Doesn't matter-either way, the regen already happened. Let's move on.
The History of Trunks chapter in the manga says otherwise.