"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:03 pm I find the meta of this game kinda confusing it makes me lost :crazy:
Meta changes pretty often, you can't be running constantly meta teams all the time unless you're whaling. However, you don't need to be running a meta team to perform in pvp, but you do need a viable team with decent synergy. There is many viable options: Future, Fusions, SSJ, Godki, Android, Regen, Lineage of Evil, Freeza Force, Son and Vegeta families...

Btw anyone who hasn't should farm the Ginyu event, it's really good f2p team.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 am

PsionicWarrior wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:03 pm I find the meta of this game kinda confusing it makes me lost :crazy:
Meta changes pretty often, you can't be running constantly meta teams all the time unless you're whaling. However, you don't need to be running a meta team to perform in pvp, but you do need a viable team with decent synergy. There is many viable options: Future, Fusions, SSJ, Godki, Android, Regen, Lineage of Evil, Freeza Force, Son and Vegeta families...

Btw anyone who hasn't should farm the Ginyu event, it's really good f2p team.
Well it's sad we can't match together the character we like together for example I would love to play Yamcha together Vegeta with Bulma but they don't match meta wise because they have no connection between in their tags. For example adding Bulma Rival lover as a tag would be great.

Making team that from a distance looks missmatched but have connection because in the history of Dragon Ball the characters had rivalries or something.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 am Making team that from a distance looks missmatched but have connection because in the history of Dragon Ball the characters had rivalries or something.
I'd seriously dig that, but I doubt it's gonna go further than a few unique passives and pair-ups some of the chars have.

I'm still mad they don't make Super Warrior tag viable, while on the other hand Females with chars like Bulma or Chichi are excellent.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 am

I was maining female warriors for a good while, but they haven't been well supported lately. They had Ribrianne who was amazing, then a long patch with nothing but a few decent Extremes like Videl, Bulma and Zangya.

I can still do alright with them in PvP, but it's tough against some of the monsters making waves in the meta at the moment. I'm glad I got the newest Goku and FP Freeza on the step-up (been shafted on the last few banners- no transforming Vegeta or Trunks, no Android 13, no new Futuure Gohan or Goku Black) because those two are insane. Goku especially is going to be a problem with that blue card of his.

Also, that new Freeza event is bullshit. You pretty much need either the transforming Goku or Vegeta to stand a modicum of a chance on the last battle, he just has too much health and does too much damage even against a full blue team. I managed to beat it with the Goku, and I'm still not sure how.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:50 am

Yeah Female needs a new banner, they are still viable but I agree lack in terms of stats in the meta. I also got lucky this stepup after being shafted all the same as you (except I got Black on a daily :mrgreen: ).

A female warriors team running both Chichi and GSM2 would hardcounter current meta though.

Yeah Namku's blue card is completely broken, players can fall for tap baits but the further you climb the less you encounter players falling for it.

I agree the last event is BS, because if you don't have either Namku or Transgeta, well it is not impossible but I think at least 99% of players wouldn't be able to do it.

HERE is a video of a japanese beating that fight without any of the boost units, but he almost did a perfect and won just in time.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:34 pm

I hope they add Heroes / Xenoverse / Online stuff plus Android 21 and her variant. Also a new Android 18 from the ToP along her brother MVP Ranger 17 would be cool.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:23 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:50 am Yeah Female needs a new banner, they are still viable but I agree lack in terms of stats in the meta. I also got lucky this stepup after being shafted all the same as you (except I got Black on a daily :mrgreen: ).

A female warriors team running both Chichi and GSM2 would hardcounter current meta though.

Yeah Namku's blue card is completely broken, players can fall for tap baits but the further you climb the less you encounter players falling for it.

I agree the last event is BS, because if you don't have either Namku or Transgeta, well it is not impossible but I think at least 99% of players wouldn't be able to do it.

HERE is a video of a japanese beating that fight without any of the boost units, but he almost did a perfect and won just in time.
I tried Chi Chi last time Son Family was running wild (the Family Kamehameha group) but it didn't work out. Too many powerful purples, including Goten. Though with this new Blue Goku on the rise, maybe it's time to take her for a spin again. Don't have GSM2 which sucks.

I don't play PVP that often, but I still use a female team when I do, and the one I've got works pretty well. Ribrianne is still strong, Mai's healing and ki recovery are nothing to huff at and did you know Caulifla apparently has the highest non-buffed strike attack in the game?

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:19 am

I lack chichi but I saw a video where she just annihilates any Son fam unit regardless of the color, I mean it is +80% dmg, and if you have Bulma you get an additional +50% for 10 timer counts anytime she's to standby. Heh... :mrgreen:

Yeah Mai is so awesome with card draw speed + ki recovery even though she doesn't do much damage she's so useful to farm RRs and her green card is also great.

I didn't know Caulifla had the best strike in the game but she always hit like a truck, moreover with her anti-saiyans passive.

I guess someone with all key units and good amount of stars can still do pretty good in pvp with that team, I have GSM2 but no Chichi.

Future and Android I guess are among the "safest" tags to run rn as there isn't as much hard counters to them.

Banner went nuts on me and I have a full 5 stars Freeza Force team, stopped at 7,1k points I hope it will be enough for top10k.

I'm also trying to get good equips for Ginyu Force but I keep pulling crap equips. Ginyu Force is really super strong.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:57 am

Caulifla and Chi Chi have the same problem in that they're both extreme glass cannons. With the exception of Ribrianne and Kale, most female warriors are too fragile to hold up against the more well-rounded Saiyan and Freeza units that are popular at the moment. Still, I've made it work- I average more wins than losses in PVP and 90 per cent of the time it's with Caulifla, Mai and Ribrianne. Start strong with Caulifla's high damage, Mai's debuffs and healing, rotate between the two of them to wear the opponent down as much as possible, then when they inevitably die, unleash the beast.

Apart from them, Freeza Force might be my favourite of the current top-tier teams. Between Golden, Full Power and the free Ginyus, it's a really well-rounded group and easy to build at the moment.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:49 am

Kataphrut wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:57 am Caulifla and Chi Chi have the same problem in that they're both extreme glass cannons.
Just don't get hit :mrgreen:

In all seriousness, yeah, I get what you mean, but it makes sense Caulifla isn't SSJ Vegito tier. There is also the EX Videl with cover, making it a third option to tank, but I assume the joy of playing Waifus is to extend combos and deal insane damage. Man I remember getting harassed so much against females when we had a bit more of them, I thought I'd just never get priority back, maybe it was you lol

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:34 am

I want Android 21.

Also it seems that fused Android 13 is coming and we migth get the Goku that fights him with his Genkidama absorbed :o

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:51 am

This game is getting weird. They dropped a new free Piccolo out of nowhere, and they've just announced SSBKK Goku and Hit. All three are yellow, which combined with FP Freeza makes it feel like they are really going hard on making up for how many strong purples have come out since the anniversary. Next they'll need to release a bunch of strong reds to counter all these powerful yellows. Red's really been shafted lately- Hit is going to need some new U6 units for support, can we get a red Champa or Frost up in here?

Also, between Namek Goku, Kaioken Blue Goku and the upcoming Movie 7 Spirit Saiyan Goku, that's three transforming Gokus in a row. Does Dimps have some kind of bet going on with ArcSys?

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:51 amHit is going to need some new U6 units for support
lol no he doesn't :P
Srsly he's so insanely strong it's bonkers,
He feels a bit like Rildo to me, very strong on his own but with no tag teams,
He runs surprisingly well on females btw, you can take him over GSM2 in there any day lol
But it is more common to see him on YYB
I don't have him but I'm very happy that I got SSJBKKku to buff my godki team, even if I don't need to bring him for all fights his Z is quite good, already +26% strike at 3 stars

Yeah loving the new Piccolo out of nowhere, I'm looking forward to see what a full 5 stars LR team will do

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:43 am

PsionicWarrior wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:23 pm
Kataphrut wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:51 amHit is going to need some new U6 units for support
lol no he doesn't :P
Srsly he's so insanely strong it's bonkers,
He feels a bit like Rildo to me, very strong on his own but with no tag teams,
He runs surprisingly well on females btw, you can take him over GSM2 in there any day lol
But it is more common to see him on YYB
I don't have him but I'm very happy that I got SSJBKKku to buff my godki team, even if I don't need to bring him for all fights his Z is quite good, already +26% strike at 3 stars

Yeah loving the new Piccolo out of nowhere, I'm looking forward to see what a full 5 stars LR team will do
Yeah, I stand corrected on that one. I got him, and he's disgusting. Fairly fragile, SS2 Gohan eats him alive, but you only have to keep him in for 15 seconds for his buffs to stack up something fierce.

For what it's worth a Universe 6 theme team can work- Cabba is a buff unit for him, and Caulifla and Kale can boost him at 5 stars (got my Cauli up to 5 with this banner) and fill in for colour deficiencies, but the main goal is definitely to just run him with two powerful, survivable yellow and blue units. Namek Goku and FP Freeza work really well for that actually.

This is going to lead to a crazy meta. I'm not a hardcore PVP player, but I've already been in several matches where the goal is just to kill the other players Hit. If I take the lead, half the time time they just forfeit.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 am

Good, I am way more hyped for the upcoming F2P unit than next waifu banners. I'm interested by the Namek arc Extremes, but they will come back. I'm in dire need to hoard ccs... moreover since end of the year is coming and we will likely get some really strong portals then.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:58 am

A while ago I was whinging there hadn't been any support for female warriors, now we get two banners with a bunch of new ones. Naturally I summoned exclusively on the Maidens banner so Team Ribrianne can ride again. Didn't get Rozie, but got Kakunsa up to 4 star. And hot damn, she's actually really powerful. Her big issue is that she's fragile and there are lot of powerful yellows at the moment, but since she's made to hit hard early and die to buff her team, it works out.

I hope they last a good while. Female Warriors is fun because they go in and out of meta and a lot of people don't use them, so when they're on, you get the satisfaction of winning with an uncommon team. The U2 team is an especially potent version of that.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:36 pm

How often are new characters revealed again? Weekly?Monthly?

gantarat

Post by gantarat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:03 am

I have a ton/max of Skip Ticket now.
Why can't sell it?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:54 am

shadd21 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:36 pm How often are new characters revealed again? Weekly?Monthly?
Monthly :thumbup:

Also Shallot & Caulifla are a damn perfect match I'm laughing :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:55 am

So, the current story can be summed up as: Shallot and Caulifla in - 'What is love?' and 'I wanna know what love is!'
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017