Interview or Line about Super Dragon Balls?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matchstckgmr

Interview or Line about Super Dragon Balls?

Post by Matchstckgmr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:12 am

Hi sorry in advance if this is not the place to post this question. So I remember there being a line or interview somewhere we get new lore about the Namkian Dragon Balls where it is said that apparently, the Namkains chipped fragments off of a Super Dragon Ball? I have gone back in the super anime and manga and can not find the line. I thought I remembered Zuno saying one time but apparently not so I thought it was in an interview with Toriyama but I can't find that either. Usually, I google Kanzenshuu Toriyama interview followed by some keywords but nothing I tried pulled anything up. I found a forum post here referencing the line or interview but no link to it and if you go to the Dragon Ball wiki it mentions the lore in question in both the page for the Super Dragon Balls and Namkian Dragon Balls. I know I remember reading it somewhere once but I can't find it. I can't remember if it was a line in the anime and or manga or if it was said in an interview. Basically, I am asking for help to find it, please. I need it for something I am working on so I would appreciate a link to the interview here on Kanzenshuu if it was in an interview if not then a Manga chapter number and or anime episode number for Super if it was said in the anime and or manga. Thank you to anyone that posts info in the question I am looking for.(not asking for piracy links for episodes or manga chapters I have a subscription to Crunchyroll and own the manga physically.)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Interview or Line about Super Dragon Balls?

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 am

It is said by Champa in the very first episode of Universe 6 saga, episode 28, near the end.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Matchstckgmr

Post by Matchstckgmr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:43 am

Thank you it was driving me nuts I could not figure it out. Was this info expanded on anywhere else or is it just mentioned there?

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 am

It was said by Champa in Super manga chapter 5 too. It wasn't expanded though it kinda corrobates what Elder Kaioshin said about the Namekians dragon balls in the original manga. That only Namekians were allowed to use them implying it existed before hand.