This is the game I want

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

This is the game I want

Post by Questrider » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:19 pm

I want a game that combines elements of Raging Blast, Burst Limit, Xenoverse, Fighterz, and of course, the tenkaichi series.

I want a game where we have 2 Goku's. And ONLY 2!! One for GT, ONE for everything else.

Base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, God, Blue, UI...with attack options to add Kaioken attack.

Why is this so damn hard to do? Remember Tenkaichi 3? Goku had Base, KAIOKEN, SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJ4 + fusion options!

Why can't the current games be handled this way? You want UI? Gotta use 8 stacks of energy and then are left with NO energy. Gotta charge up again to use any super attacks. (That's going on 3 stacks for SSJ1)

Same with Freeza. Same with Cell. Same for Vegeta! Why is this so damn hard??

In the case of Gohan? You have 3 different one's: Kid Gohan, Teen Gohan, Adult Gohan. Adult Gohan has base, SSJ1, SSJ2, Mystic. Done.

I honestly don't care about balancing issues. That's for developers to figure out.

Back in the Tenkaichi days, it was risk vs reward. It took 5 stacks to go SSJ3 for example. But that left you at a disadvantage upon transforming because you are left with no energy.

As far as the forms granting increased power, strength, etc? I wouldn't care if the forms granted NOTHING but simply different abilities (different load out) to use to keep an even playing field. It's the VISUALS, just being able to TRANSFORM into another form which is what's missing!!

To compensate a character like say Krillin or Piccolo, then just do the same damn thing. Give them 7 different load outs to switch into. Find a way to make it work and as fair as possible. Why is this so hard?

Raging Blast had a different custom loadout for whatever form you were in. And this was awesome!

As far as the transforming? My God, get rid of the horrible cutscenes! In Raging Blast and Xenoverse? They just look terrible.
Transformations should feel epic. If it looked like Burst Limit, Tenkaichi, hell, even some badass animation like in Fighterz? This would be perfectly acceptable. Burst Limit was simple. So was Tenkaichi. But the visuals made it so it still FELT COOL. It felt like a "pop". Which is what it should feel like...without terribly interrupting gameplay. Make it fast, just make it good.

We now have Fighterz as a competitive fighter game. They are obviously trying to balance that game out as best as they can.
I want a game that TRIES to balance but is ultimately incredibly FUN to play.

What I hate about Fighterz and Xenoverse is we have so many different Goku's, Vegeta's, etc and of course, Fighterz severe lack of transformations. I get that it's a balancing thing. So can we can have a game that's not so focused on it? Can we not implement something that can make a character who cannot transform compatible with someone who has 5? It's 2019 for F sake. Like I said, give those toons a visual that literally does nothing but changes the loadout. See? Fair and square.

Also, can we have actual TEAMS again in a game? Something Xenoverse failed to do. I don't always want AI's as partners. Can I not make a team of 3 or 5 that I can use via taking turns? Switch when you want like we can in Fighterz?

Seriously. Where is this game??
Is it so hard to take the best aspects of these decent DBZ games to truly make a great one?
I just don't get it.
-Questrider

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: This is the game I want

Post by supersaiyanZero » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm

I'm not sure it's as easy as mishmashing a bunch of ideas together.
Last edited by supersaiyanZero on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:01 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm I'm not sure it's as easy as mishmashing a bunch of ideas together.
Fair enough. But all I really did is take the best aspects from each of those games and said- hey. Make this one game.

That's pretty much what they did with Spider-Man, which turned out to be the best Spidey game ever made.
-Questrider

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Because the "perfect" game would mean Bandai wouldn't be able to make money on any newer games.

They pull a Gamefreak. They know people will buy regardless so they remove features and re-add them later as "new" as a selling point.

Questrider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Questrider » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 pm Because the "perfect" game would mean Bandai wouldn't be able to make money on any newer games.

They pull a Gamefreak. They know people will buy regardless so they remove features and re-add them later as "new" as a selling point.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. This is actually a valid point.
-Questrider