"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Scsigs » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:59 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:55 pm Black? I thought Uub was from the DB equivalent of India.
I mean, he's from a poor village & he's definitely not black, since his skin tone is more brown than black.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:01 pm
Questrider wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:46 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Yeah the preset thing XV has going is really flawed. Plus all the other forms as separate slots is just stupid.
For the sequel, you should be able to be able to start out in any of the forms and customize the moves you want.
Furthermore, where is the mode where you can control up to 5 characters in one battle ala Raging Blast?
You can choose AI teammates but where is the fun in that? It's like this game really just wants you to MAIN one character, despite a massive roster.
The 5v5 fights from BT2/3 and RB/2 were great
Hopefully we can swap characters in xv3 like storm 4 added. Would be great. But probably won't happen coz I don't think they'll bother being accommodating for things like when characters are in different areas.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 am

Guys, is the new DLC worth it?
I do not play the game at all nowadays... it is pretty old now, played all the content, sometimes I just hop in after half a year to play in versus where I miss the AI plaing more randomly and transform. Fu missions were fun, but plaing it with all the 20+ characters is a chore to go trough, so I will probably never finish it and the last PQ were so damn hard, that I simply lost interest.
I do not play Online either, as the gameplay is bad online and doesn`t amuse me like in Injustice, MK or FighterZ.

So as a DB fan, is the new DLC a must have? Are the characters fun to play with as I am not a fan of Ribrianne as character? :)

Thanks a lot
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:05 am

MCDaveG wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 am Guys, is the new DLC worth it?
I do not play the game at all nowadays... it is pretty old now, played all the content, sometimes I just hop in after half a year to play in versus where I miss the AI plaing more randomly and transform. Fu missions were fun, but plaing it with all the 20+ characters is a chore to go trough, so I will probably never finish it and the last PQ were so damn hard, that I simply lost interest.
I do not play Online either, as the gameplay is bad online and doesn`t amuse me like in Injustice, MK or FighterZ.

So as a DB fan, is the new DLC a must have? Are the characters fun to play with as I am not a fan of Ribrianne as character? :)

Thanks a lot
I haven't bought the past 3 DLC, so I'm likely not the right person to say but personally I don't think it's worth it. It's definitely not a must have either.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Thanks a lot
The last one has Ribrianne, SSBE Vegeta and God Vegeta. Ribrianne has a nice set of moves, but the Vegetas are AWESOME.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 pm

Just get Ribrianne and SSG Vegeta. SSBE Vegeta in this game is like a Majin Vegeta 2.0 and looked like a rushed mod job. Now I don't like Ribrianne but I gotta give credit where it's due, her moveset is unique.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

SaiyanKingMike

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:25 pm

I know this is probably a no, but is there any way to get CPU characters to transform? I love having dream matches within the versus mode offline but it gets old not being able to have characters transform.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:29 pm

SaiyanKingMike wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:25 pm I know this is probably a no, but is there any way to get CPU characters to transform? I love having dream matches within the versus mode offline but it gets old not being able to have characters transform.
Not to my knowledge.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:28 pm

I haven't played much these days. Mostly because it's not worth it. And no, I don't feel any of the DLC is worth it. It's overpriced. Pretty much has always been overpriced for fractional content. Adding God Vegeta and BE Vegeta should've been an update and not separate characters. Hell, making SSB and SSBE separate transformations is just dumb. That'd be literally like if they decided to make SSJ, SS2 and SS3 separate transformations and you had to equip the specific one you wanted.

Again, this is why we need XV3 soon and we need it to be a much, much more improved game than this. PC modders have already practically done the job for them. I mean, I don't think we should have the Majin 21 bit or the Tuffle one, but the modders still made these things awesome. And made the hair transform with the character. And made Saiyan tails not static objects. They even improved the SS3 hairstyle! I mean seriously Dimps, stop being lazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgxPJgfYpQ8
Modders also gave us Toppo. And Broly's other forms. And loads of other stuff. Which is pretty much killing any reason to keep a console when the PC version can always be improved for practically nothing while gaming companies keep digging into your wallet for minimal additions.

There are scores of improvements that need to be made. And so far, no news about XV3 as far as I know. They're only tossing DBZ: Kakarot at us. And it's nothing different. And no word on when or if DBS is coming back soon. So while the fanbase starves for content, they dripfeed DLC at a markup. I'm frankly just tired of it. I want them to stop supporting XV2 so everything can get lumped together and gotten easily on a good steam sale.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Thanks a lot
If you think u are gonna like any of the characters, then yeah, go for it.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:58 pm

IMO, the DLC that features Fu (I forget the number) is definitely worth the price. It's the beefiest of the packs, with a branching storyline, which changes both based on player choice as well as which mentor you currently have with you. Fu is also a very entertaining character. The twist near the end is hilarious, and very Toriyama-esque.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:28 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:22 pm
The S wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pm I just realized Paikuhan isn't in yet either. That seems like a weird omission.
Eh, not really. A filler character that only popped up a few times? Yeah.
As opposed to some of the randos who made it in?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 am

What are the chances that they add more characters from Dragon Ball Heroes? Like maybe a Mecha Zamasu variation for Fused Zamasu.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 pm

The S wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:28 am
Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:22 pm
The S wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pm I just realized Paikuhan isn't in yet either. That seems like a weird omission.
Eh, not really. A filler character that only popped up a few times? Yeah.
As opposed to some of the randos who made it in?
Yeah i mean this game has Champa and Vados playable for no reason.
Pikkon might not be the most relevant character but he is overall liked in fanbase and deserves to appear. They should also add Majuub.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:31 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 am What are the chances that they add more characters from Dragon Ball Heroes? Like maybe a Mecha Zamasu variation for Fused Zamasu.
I'd say more official characters have a higher chance to get in first, but we got Fu and Super Saiyan 3 Bardock, so it's not impossible. I just think Heroes characters are probably on the lower end of their priorities. And I'd expect to get Cui before we get someone like Android 21. lol

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:48 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 pm Yeah i mean this game has Champa and Vados playable for no reason.
No reason? When they were put into the game, they were amongst the newest characters in the franchise & didn't even have English VAs yet & weren't in any of the video games yet & Beerus & Whis are in the games, as well as the fact that they included levels based on the story arcs they appeared in from Super.
*Insert clip of Bill Burr saying "no reason".*

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:48 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 pm Yeah i mean this game has Champa and Vados playable for no reason.
No reason? When they were put into the game, they were amongst the newest characters in the franchise & didn't even have English VAs yet & weren't in any of the video games yet & Beerus & Whis are in the games, as well as the fact that they included levels based on the story arcs they appeared in from Super. No reason.
*Insert clip of Bill Burr saying "no reason"*
What is your favourite fight of Champa or Vados? Oh wait... Yes, no reason. U6 Tournament missions could exist without them because Cabba, Frost and Hit were already in game and they, unlike Champa and Vados, actually FOUGHT in this tournament.
Beerus and Whis are completely different thing. They are main characters much more relevant than fat Beerus and female Whis. And Beerus was actually main antagonist. Their appearance in this game is totally understandable. Champa and Vados are just waste of slot. Them being in game before Dabura, Buuhan and Baby is a bad joke. And i don't see how them being new characters means they should be added in game. Toppo was also new and he still didn't appear in game.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:04 pm What is your favourite fight of Champa or Vados? Oh wait... Yes, no reason. U6 Tournament missions could exist without them because Cabba, Frost and Hit were already in game and they, unlike Champa and Vados, actually FOUGHT in this tournament.
Beerus and Whis are completely different thing. They are main characters much more relevant than fat Beerus and female Whis. And Beerus was actually main antagonist. Their appearance in this game is totally understandable. Champa and Vados are just waste of slot. Them being in game before Dabura, Buuhan and Baby is a bad joke. And i don't see how them being new characters means they should be added in game. Toppo was also new and he still didn't appear in game.
I mean, Toppo's also a character who doesn't actually fight, just makes his opponents sweat to death, & is terribly written because he's pathetic & a character you're meant to laugh at than feel something for.

When it comes to Champa & Vados, yes, them being new characters IS a valid reason for them being in the game. If you're a video game company that has a current game out for a franchise that has an ongoing series, you put characters that are new & have combat potential in the game. And, really, it's not like Smash Bros where the director claims that there are only a certain amount of slots available for DLC characters. Considering there are other characters that are obvious filler slots, I'm not surprised, especially since when they came out, not a lot of info on the U6 arc was out, so they obviously developed them before anything else.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Scsigs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 pm
I mean, Toppo's also a character who doesn't actually fight, just makes his opponents sweat to death, & is terribly written because he's pathetic & a character you're meant to laugh at than feel something for.
The hell you talkin about? Toppo appeared in the pre-ToP skirmish, and he tying with SSB Goku and pushing him into KKB. We also have Toppo fighting in the ToP against Goku, Vegeta, #17 and Freeza. I believe you're getting Toppo confused with someone else.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:05 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 pm I mean, Toppo's also a character who doesn't actually fight, just makes his opponents sweat to death, & is terribly written because he's pathetic & a character you're meant to laugh at than feel something for.
The hell you talkin about? Toppo appeared in the pre-ToP skirmish, and he tying with SSB Goku and pushing him into KKB. We also have Toppo fighting in the ToP against Goku, Vegeta, #17 and Freeza. I believe you're getting Toppo confused with someone else.
Are you fucking with me? I feel like you are if you're seriously trying to make Toppo into Hit.