Cell's Pronouns: He/Him v. It/Its

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Cell's Pronouns: He/Him v. It/Its

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:04 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:09 pm Is it/its really a pronoun people use? I know non-binary/gender non-conforming people sometimes use they/them but I thought “ it”was just used to dehumanize transgender and gender non-conforming people.

Anyways Cell is clearly treated as male.
i've seen some people use it/its as like a statement about gender itself and how arbitrary it is and stuff like that, and than of course some people just prefer being called it. it's somewhat rare in my experience with trans communities.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Cell's Pronouns: He/Him v. It/Its

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:16 pm

It's rare, definitely. I run in trans Twitter so I occasionally see folks cross my timeline who talk about their pronouns being it/its. I think context definitely matters, since bigots have definitely used 'it' to dehumanize trans women in my presence.

As a woman I obviously only use she/her but it varies from person to person. Gender is a spectrum and can be many things. I know they/thems, she/hers, he/hims and she/hes. Life is so wonderful and large.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf