Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Neat, a new Cheelai and even a Lemo.
Too bad I hate this line.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP on hiatus).

Post by FlpShimizu » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:50 am

Those look really rough.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:16 pm

Seems like a bunch of the FigureRise Model kits are getting re-releases with fancy new illustrations for the boxes, everything else is the same. I'm only personally aware of the two SSJ4s, and I chalked those to simple riding the coattails of Gogeta GT's kit announcement. Kind of a weird choice since those are still easily available.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:25 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:16 pm Seems like a bunch of the FigureRise Model kits are getting re-releases with fancy new illustrations for the boxes, everything else is the same. I'm only personally aware of the two SSJ4s, and I chalked those to simple riding the coattails of Gogeta GT's kit announcement. Kind of a weird choice since those are still easily available.

Could be old kits repackaged in new boxes to try and clear out inventory.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:24 am

FlpShimizu wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:50 am Those look really rough.
Mr. Gashapon is an another (lying) Bandai cunt. His last BS blog post was in May and said these were gonna be revealed in June and has been mia ever since now we know why these look absolutely dreadful. He also said they tried to make SSG Goku regular gashapon but SSG Vegeta took priority since the form was his debut which would be fair enough except they gave us two SSGSS Goku in regular... does he think we are stupid????? He also lied about the Ginyu Premium set saying they couldn't make it regular because it couldn't fit in capsule and went to use the smallest available capsule as an example...this also didn't explain why they overcharged at 5000yen then if they intended it to be regular.... should have been 3000yen at the max. Lastly he said he has a book of all gashapon releases that he flicks through before deciding what line ups to pick but he still picks dumbass things so either he lied about that or he is just being a dumb twat on purpose.

Everyone at Bandai can suck a dick at this point, I am absolutely done with this shit company.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:31 am

December Dokkan Updated prods due to complaints, no doubt Nakazawa complaining probably made Bandai take some notice:

August Finals HQ PNG:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Warning. Collab Gogeta lower half is shitty hollow plastic not PVC. Bandai wanna be cheap cunts that's why no respect for the IP or its fans.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:21 am

Baggie, I think you really need to chill out.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am

ArchedThunder wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:21 am Baggie, I think you really need to chill out.
He's probably having personal problems at home

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:46 am

mute_proxy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am
ArchedThunder wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:21 am Baggie, I think you really need to chill out.
He's probably having personal problems at home
Do not speak for me.
Do not tell me to chill out. It's because of this attitude Bandai continue to get away with shit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Hmmm, is this the actual digital sculpt of the Big Bang KMHMHX100 Gogeta from earlier this year?

https://twitter.com/MOONSTUDIOJP/status ... 5486152704

EDIT: Probably not, maybe the figure was used as a reference then? :think:

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks again Baggie and @deviltakoyaki for finding out about this set.

Megahouse's Capsule line is making a comeback in December, after an 8-year hiatus. This time, three out of the four mini PVC statues will feature adaptations of Toyotaro's panels! Along with inclusions in Heroes and Dokkan, it seems like Toyotaro is slowly getting his content adapted in physical form alongside Toei's contributions.
Last edited by UltraPrimus22 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:20 pm

I love the Toyo content, but I'm really sad there's no Super Saiyan Black figure still.

MAYBE SOMEDAY.

I also want Kale wrecking Frieza or Anilaza, or Hakai Goku.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:09 am

UltraPrimus22 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:20 pm Thanks again Baggie and @deviltakoyaki for finding out about this set.

Megahouse's Capsule line is making a comeback in December, after an 8-year hiatus. This time, three out of the four mini PVC statues will feature adaptations of Toyotaro's panels! Along with inclusions in Heroes and Dokkan, it seems like Toyotaro is slowly getting his content adapted in physical form alongside Toei's contributions.
Looks like the UI one was an error, they corrected the Goku vs Jiren one and even labelled it as Omen. Which now makes the Jiren Roshi one feel even more out of place.

Dragon Wukong wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:20 pm I love the Toyo content, but I'm really sad there's no Super Saiyan Black figure still.

MAYBE SOMEDAY.

I also want Kale wrecking Frieza or Anilaza, or Hakai Goku.
Don't count on it. Super Saiyan is not popular at all now last months Restuden SS Goku and Vegeta flopped incredibly hard, low case orders and zero fan interest.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:48 am

This is probably my favorite one. Though considering it's based off the manga panel where he goes Rose for the first time I kinda wish he wasn't wearing the time ring, since manga Black is never seen wearing it.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:56 pm

Also, no clue why they'd change it to Omen. I hope regular UI is still there, 'cause that's the scene where he actually transforms into it in the manga.

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:28 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:53 pm Dem SSJ4 and Golden Oozaru tho

https://twitter.com/deviltakoyaki/statu ... 6349310983
That Golden Oozaru is so beautiful. If I were a collector I'd kill to get my hands on something like that.

Also, the new figure with Goku flinging Frieza at Jiren looks so weird. Why are his lips pink and not black? And where is his tail??? :wtf:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:56 pm

Size and price of those ToP figures? If I'm looking at the right stuff they're about 4~ inches and 9 bucks, is that right?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:58 am

Also, colored prototype of the Gigantic Gogeta GT

Not a fan of the hair. looks like bubblegum.