Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:26 am

Can we get more of Zamasu please? For the last few episodes or so he just had some recurring moments and that's about it. Just give him a major fight already, Jesus Christ.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:26 am Can we get more of Zamasu please? For the last few episodes or so he just had some recurring moments and that's about it. Just give him a major fight already, Jesus Christ.
Same. They probably don't even know how to deal with Zamasu now :lol:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:52 am

As I said before, let us hope that if Super ever returns, they can use the concept of the Prison Planet arc and the Universe Conflict Arc, with much more detail, explaining the lack of info in this rather short promotional anime.
P O W E R

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:52 am

This episode was pretty bland. Nobody did anything of note and it seems all the characters are going to be cast aside so Goku can win. Great.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:53 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:26 am Can we get more of Zamasu please? For the last few episodes or so he just had some recurring moments and that's about it. Just give him a major fight already, Jesus Christ.
Amen! Most episodes he barely does anything at all, making me wonder why they bothered bringing him back (not that I'm complaining!) So I hope he'll have a bigger role and do something important at some point, rather than just keep having inconsequential fights will Hearts does all the cool villain stuff.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:26 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:53 pm
Amen! Most episodes he barely does anything at all, making me wonder why they bothered bringing him back (not that I'm complaining!) So I hope he'll have a bigger role and do something important at some point, rather than just keep having inconsequential fights will Hearts does all the cool villain stuff.
I just feel...Zamasu's sole characterization which was "ningen"😂😂😂 his hatred/disgust call it whatever u want towards humanity in Super was sucked soo hard that it left him like...non-existantial caricature in this series...they could've at least allow Zamasu displaying some cool attacks...

His design and voice is cool...its just...like most characters in Super & Heroes...underutilized...

Gosh...if only Toriyama has his hands on the show...or any DBZ purist from Kanzenshuu were allowed into creative/storyboarding...😊😎

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:03 am

Vijay wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:26 pm
I just feel...Zamasu's sole characterization which was "ningen"😂😂😂 his hatred/disgust call it whatever u want towards humanity in Super was sucked soo hard that it left him like...non-existantial caricature in this series...they could've at least allow Zamasu displaying some cool attacks...

His design and voice is cool...its just...like most characters in Super & Heroes...underutilized...

Gosh...if only Toriyama has his hands on the show...or any DBZ purist from Kanzenshuu were allowed into creative/storyboarding...😊😎
You brought up his hatred for humanity, which is what defines him as a character. He is a racist who wants to exterminate all mortals. It seems so strange then that he would join forces with Hearts, who seeks to liberate all mortals from the Gods. The idea of helping mortals free themselves from the Gods goes against everything Zamasu stands for, perhaps the time has come to better explore his reasons for joining Hearts... Or to at least give insight as to why he is suddenly there with the Core Warriors after he was erased... Or to do anything at all with him, to be honest.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:49 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:03 am

You brought up his hatred for humanity, which is what defines him as a character. He is a racist who wants to exterminate all mortals. It seems so strange then that he would join forces with Hearts, who seeks to liberate all mortals from the Gods. The idea of helping mortals free themselves from the Gods goes against everything Zamasu stands for, perhaps the time has come to better explore his reasons for joining Hearts... Or to at least give insight as to why he is suddenly there with the Core Warriors after he was erased... Or to do anything at all with him, to be honest.
Hearts plans to depose Zeno. Zamasu obviously wants this, or else there will be a repeat of what happened last time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:04 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:03 am

Well, tbh I find Zamasu no different to Kira/Light from DN...at least post-Episode 27

Zamasu is frickin God-supremist & its gets stale real fast. Its just like SPC or Fat Boo for extended period of time...lacking substantial depth or connection making them relatable let alone imposing

I'd be frank. While I find Zamasu to be elegant (partly due to his design & seiyuu) I think I like Kaioshin from Boo Arc better.

Dude at least had "something" in his mind. I dont wish to drive this thread into whole Kaioshin's stupidity in Boo Arc. But seriously, he hatched some plans, gathered allies & despite hopelessly & hilariously beaten...dude still attempted a shot at victory over Boo with whole Z sword thingy

Zamasu's sole "ningen" hatred/Kami-superiority complex and asspull with Black seems horribly forced

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:43 pm

I don't know about you guys but I really wish this anime had an ending song. The fact that there's no song during the credits with maybe some unique animation makes me feel kinda empty every time I watch it. I don't get the usual feeling I get with anime end credits to wanna, you know, jam out and/or sing along to the song that's playing, here, I get the feeling of "Oh. It's just... the credits." Do you guys feel the same way?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 pm

I like how the anime flies in the face of what so many people believe about SSJB being superior to SSJ4.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 pm I like how the anime flies in the face of what so many people believe about SSJB being superior to SSJ4.
Well you have to keep in mind that the SSJ4 seen in SDBH is different from the one seen in GT, as it is enhanced with god ki.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:29 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 pm I like how the anime flies in the face of what so many people believe about SSJB being superior to SSJ4.
Well you have to keep in mind that the SSJ4 seen in SDBH is different from the one seen in GT, as it is enhanced with god ki.
Not necessarily. One could say that. But there is a problem with that. God ki is only present in SSG and SSB.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:36 pm
Not necessarily. One could say that. But there is a problem with that. God ki is only present in SSG and SSB.
I'm pretty sure that Xeno Goku has god ki.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 pm

We don't know if he does. But even if he does, he doesn't use it in SSJ4. Well actually we do I think know that he has met Beerus. But even so that doesn't mean that the normal one isn't equal to SSJB.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Huh, I guess nobody cares about what I just said.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:58 pm Huh, I guess nobody cares about what I just said.
I wouldn't say that but its not all that noteworthy to most of us. But its important to you.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:24 pm

sometimes forget ... that this topic exists

It was great to watch 17 and piccolo as a team although sadly there is no interaction

they ruined the designs of the Tsufurus siblings ... literally are a copy of Buu now. :roll:

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:02 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:59 pm
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:58 pm Huh, I guess nobody cares about what I just said.
I wouldn't say that but its not all that noteworthy to most of us. But its important to you.
Well I just wanted to get a discussion going about what people thought of this topic.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:56 am

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 pm

We don't know if he does. But even if he does, he doesn't use it in SSJ4. Well actually we do I think know that he has met Beerus. But even so that doesn't mean that the normal one isn't equal to SSJB.
If I learned something about the Xenos all this time is that the ones that we see, the ones that play a role in the World Mission/Universe Mission etc. They are not the same Xenos.

XGoku from Ultimate Mission X, was the one who became a Xeno and still lived through some of Super's events, including the transformation into a Super Saiyan God. The XGoku of SDBH has no access to God Ki whatsoever. It is just that his Base is extremely powerful that he reaches the level of a Super Saiyan Blue, while a Super Saiyan 4 himself.

If we talked about SSJ4 GT Goku, then he would probably have to deal with Super Saiyan God Goku or Vegeta after the Broly movie. Nothing implies that they still haven't reached the same Base powers with GT, after 2 years of intense fights and power-ups, unlike GT that presented a peaceful world. Goku got rusty from not fighting for some time prior to the ToP, so all these years until GT, doing nothing but training (no God training btw, more like teaching Uub) would serve nearly no purpose.

This isn't a strength discussion, thread so back to my point, XGoku (SDBH) ≠ XGoku (Ultimate Mission X)
P O W E R