"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Saiga » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:25 am

I've been to Japan twice, so I just hang onto my cards and play the game when I go there. I have very little understanding of the rules, I mostly didn't bother learning because it's a minor part of my trips. I just like triggering all the special attacks and transformations. :mrgreen:
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:33 am

Saiga wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:25 am I've been to Japan twice, so I just hang onto my cards and play the game when I go there. I have very little understanding of the rules, I mostly didn't bother learning because it's a minor part of my trips. I just like triggering all the special attacks and transformations. :mrgreen:
Now that's epic :lol:
P O W E R

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:10 pm

I can say I liked Pan new design and others that I saw reading through the thread, still can't think how much of a waste is this to be on HEROES and not in the main series.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:10 pm

And again, a waste would be not exploring Dragon Ball in this way. Whether in a game or a series is rather irrelevant. If anything, it's a waste to bring back a series only to make some random tournaments and unnecessary retellings. Nothing it's being wasted on Heroes, the game is just doing what should be expected of Dragon Ball (as a whole) in these modern times.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:41 pm

At least for some people.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:10 pm I can say I liked Pan new design and others that I saw reading through the thread, still can't think how much of a waste is this to be on HEROES and not in the main series.
If by main series, you mean DBS, then I disagree. The main series didn't need a continuation since its end run in 96/97 (Z or GT). Goku's main story ended when Toriyama completed his manga, or when the last episode of GT aired. Anything else further (yes, even Toyotarou's manga) is a cashgrab with no real direction in the storyline or plot progression.

Side stories or spin-offs are what DB should be focusing on, because we have such a HUGE multiverse with lots of lore to be explored. No focus on this canon-noncanon bullshit, focus on what new stories and new developments for the characters they can provide beyond the main series. That's what SDBH is currently all about.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:10 pm I can say I liked Pan new design and others that I saw reading through the thread, still can't think how much of a waste is this to be on HEROES and not in the main series.

If I'm being honest, the story telling in canon may not be the perfect situation to build upon these stories. The canon is doing great with its stories, and adding the heroes stuff would be to much for it to handle. Not only is there the universe seed saga, but then you have the xenos in as well, both stories that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
So its better as a spin off.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:24 pm

So...when are they going to start adapting the galactic patrol prisoner saga of DBS (manga) ?

When will we see cards of Moro, Merus, or Vegeta's manga version of SSBE?

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:19 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:24 pm So...when are they going to start adapting the galactic patrol prisoner saga of DBS (manga) ?

When will we see cards of Moro, Merus, or Vegeta's manga version of SSBE?
I had this question myself. Perhaps they are waiting for a possible anime adaptation of the arc?

But yeah, Moro could sell several cards. His Elder state, his pre-Prime, his Prime (unseen as of now in the continuity except from his fight with the Supreme Kais), his energy absorbing technique which powers-up his states etc.

As for the manga forms, I am not so sure. Because, would they care to create yet another continuity within the Heroes Multiverse? Another Super reality. Maybe. As long as it sells. Perfected Blue, Power Stressed PBlue, Advanced PBlue (how I call the evolved form as it is drastically different to Blue Evolution).
P O W E R

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:22 am

Also, I got a question. Any ideas as to where I should look for, for a DBH full playthrough from all the missions?

I have found a place to watch the Ultimate Mission X and the World Mission, but what about Jakuu and God Missions?
P O W E R

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:22 am Also, I got a question. Any ideas as to where I should look for, for a DBH full playthrough from all the missions?

I have found a place to watch the Ultimate Mission X and the World Mission, but what about Jakuu and God Missions?
The channel NEXT for SDBH should have those missions. I can't link it rn cause I'm on my phone and it's more tedious to but just go through my translations for links to his channel.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Rakurai wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:10 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:22 am Also, I got a question. Any ideas as to where I should look for, for a DBH full playthrough from all the missions?

The channel NEXT for SDBH should have those missions. I can't link it rn cause I'm on my phone and it's more tedious to but just go through my translations for links to his channel.
Epic! Thanks! I have grown particularly interested in it's story mode. Wish DB Legends' story was a bit more interesting like Heroes. A little more unique. But it just feels like a weird retell of DB and early Z.
P O W E R

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:57 pm

I will only say that they ruined the designs of the Tsufurus siblings ... literally are a copy of Buu now. :roll:

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:04 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:57 pm I will only say that they ruined the designs of the Tsufurus siblings ... literally are a copy of Buu now. :roll:
:thumbup:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:57 pm I will only say that they ruined the designs of the Tsufurus siblings ... literally are a copy of Buu now. :roll:
In what way?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:25 am

Kanassa wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:53 pm
In what way?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:46 am

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:25 am
In what way?
So, they're not a copy of Buu, they just have a shot that looks similar to that one second where Buu is buff?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:12 am

Since there was a discussion about this, I think that it should be a good idea for Trunks and subsequently Gotenks to have black/brown hair when in SSJ4. Saiyans only had this hair color (pure Saiyans at least), so it would only make sense for hybrid Saiyans who are 50 % pure to revert to this Primal, Saiyan form.

No need for blue or purple being added into the mix, as for me it would totally ruin the thing. It is pretty OK that as of now Trunks' hair color hasn't changed the forms yet, so why do it with a more complex transformation?
P O W E R

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:46 am
Tai Lung wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:25 am

In what way?
So, they're not a copy of Buu, they just have a shot that looks similar to that one second where Buu is buff?

I was referring only to design ... but since we are in that it is not that they pray and kamin have many characteristics that differentiate them from other characters that we have already watch in the series before cof17and18cof because only the designs that you have your new forms is unique characteristic of them.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm

yeah not gonna lie

Giant Kamioren looks ugly as fuck (imo)