"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 pm

The game’s gonna be playable at MadFest next month in Melbourne. Gonna try and get my hands on it. I’ll let ya’ll know what it’s like. I get the feeling it’s going to be the same demo from E3.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:27 am

Is there anything new here?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:37 am

Is Goku Super Saiyan while in that car?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:11 am

Kanassa wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:37 am Is Goku Super Saiyan while in that car?
Looks that way with the distinctive hair and color. As if the driving episode couldn't get any more absurd. :lol:
Grimlock wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:27 am Is there anything new here?
It's our first look at Bonyu, the rejected Ginyu Force member designed by Toriyama. Otherwise, we'll have to wait for further, accurate translations.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:14 am

So some the filler episodes from the original anime will make an appearance. Neat! Hopefully the movie villains will appear as secret side bosses or something, like Broly appearing as one during the 10 day wait of the Cell Games.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:34 am

I really appreciate that they're adding in a plot line with Gohan and 16. That's something that I felt the manga definitely needed. This game is looking more and more promising.

Also the drivers licence filler episode is a mission 11/10 best game ever made.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_TOIzjt-EU

Cell Saga trailer up and we have driving outside of the filler episode and a meal time minigame.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:06 am

Kanassa wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_TOIzjt-EU

Cell Saga trailer up and we have driving outside of the filler episode and a meal time minigame.
Damn, that was actually a really touching trailer. I got chills. :lol: Wasn't expecting that. All the story stuff looks fantastic.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:00 am

The only thing I'm slightly disappointed over is that, going by that screenshot, Goku and Piccolo will just wear their normal gis to the driving lesson. I was hoping Piccolo could wear his postboy clothes :lol:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:08 pm

We'll get the Time Chamber! and probably help Gohan achieve SS, and who knows? maybe even Gotenks SS3

The SS car ride seems to be from the Cell Games waiting period.

The WAKU WAKU levels of this game are awesome

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:24 pm

At first, I was worried hearing that there was an ex female Ginyu force member, but after seeing her design, I'm relieved she's not overtly sexualized waifu bait or a cartoonish fat girl joke character. She looks great and adds some variety of female body shapes, I'm just wondering what they will do with her. I'm not sure if this is an excuse to add to the female quota of the game *cough*Android 21 *cough* or if she'll actually add something substantive to the story.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:05 pm

LightBing wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:20 pm
Sin wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:47 pm
nato25 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:38 pm It's pretty exciting that a side story of Gohan and 16 in a video game is going to bring new context to one of the most beloved scenes in the franchise. Love living in another dbz game Renaissance, we had some dark times before xenoverse came along.
I'm the opposite really, as I feel like there doesn't need to be extra context for that scene at all.
Yeah I'm on the same boat.
There's nothing to add, all the game will bring is redundancy or cheapen the scene. Weirder is, what does this offer for a game? Will this be a bird watching mini-game or something...

Driving school mini-game is welcome, it's material more interesting and with more potential.
Isn't a minor complaint lodged against this scene that Gohan has no real connection to 16 and so it doesn't really make sense that he is the one that sends him over the edge? I'm excited for the extra content none the less but I can see your point of view. If it's done poorly yes it is going to mar the scene slightly for me.

Also new trailer looks pretty good. Training room segments look great, when was the last time we got Goku and Gohan in those outfits!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Kanassa wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_TOIzjt-EU

I don't know, Goku looks like a retard. It is hard to be OK with character models after what FighterZ did :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:50 pm

I'll admit that the shot of Goku when he's about to teleport away from Earth with Cell looks pretty off (there's something really weird with his face and neck there), but beyond that, everything else in the game looks fine to me.

And I'll say it again as I've said before - expecting every game to look just like FighterZ is ludicrous. It was never going to happen, nor does it need to.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Honestly the only thing holding back this game for me is the gameplay.

Seems like no other developer will come close to what ASW did with DBFZ, but that doesn't mean other developers can't make good DBZ games. I like everything else.

I'm really impressed with the amount of faithfulness and dedication from CyberConnect2. It many not be the best DBZ game, but it may the best DBZ simulator.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:30 pm

What is this game supposed to play like that?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:58 pm

It's really offputting to me how green the cell saga arena is during the Gohan fight. It should be mostly dust and desert once Cell destroys the ring. Some parts are really faithful and then some aren't unfortunately, like Goku wearing shoes in the Raditz fight.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:01 pm

Gotta say, that latest trailer almost won me over, that and the new character reveal! She looks like a combonation of BerryBlue and Chilai, but in a good way. She seems fiesty, in a grown woman kind of way!

I'm just still worried about the game play.. looks fun but mashing "O" to do everything is not my twist at all.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:11 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:01 pm Gotta say, that latest trailer almost won me over, that and the new character reveal! She looks like a combonation of BerryBlue and Chilai, but in a good way. She seems fiesty, in a grown woman kind of way!

I'm just still worried about the game play.. looks fun but mashing "O" to do everything is not my twist at all.
Where's her picture?