"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:09 pm

RichardKing2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm yeah not gonna lie

Giant Kamioren looks ugly as fuck (imo)
It is a weird mix of Anilaza, Buu, Baby and of course Kamioren itself, which as a fusion looked like Sealas who looks like Hit. The ultimate original character design. :crazy: :shock: :lol:
P O W E R

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:39 am

Via Goresh
New CAA coming in UM 10: “All-Change”

During Round 2 or later when in the Attack Area, all cards with this same ability will simultaneously transform.

https://twitter.com/Goreshx/status/1163667935233269760
Full list of all UR rarity cards coming in UM 10 (excluding SECs):

Goku: Xeno (SSJ4 fuse into Gogeta)
Broly Dark
Super Mira
Supreme Kai of Time (Brainwashed)
Bardock: Xeno (SSJ4)
King Vegeta: Xeno
Vegeta (SSJB) (hard to tell if SSJBE or not)
Ultimate Kamioren

https://twitter.com/Goreshx/status/1163668561279299585
New CAA combination: Giant Transformation and Burst.
https://twitter.com/Goreshx/status/1163668824492859392

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:24 am

So we have a new move for SSJ4 Goku, what seems to be C-type or SSJ Z Broly doing to Goten what he did in Second Coming, a Super Broly SSJ, preparing to power up to a FPSSJ like the movie's sequence, Broly Dark with new moves for his SSJ4 and what seems like Mastered Ultra Instinct Capsule Corp Goku?

Not sure if I said anything of importance, but I just want to know :lol:

BTW, is that Broly Dark without his Time Breaker mask? Has he always been like that? Is he more powerful now? Or weaker?
P O W E R

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:57 am

So it seems that UM10's doing some sort of campaign with it's SEC cards? Any idea what's up with that?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:31 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:24 am BTW, is that Broly Dark without his Time Breaker mask? Has he always been like that? Is he more powerful now? Or weaker?
He's had it cracked before. Time Breakers seem to get stronger when their mask breaks.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:31 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:24 am BTW, is that Broly Dark without his Time Breaker mask? Has he always been like that? Is he more powerful now? Or weaker?
He's had it cracked before. Time Breakers seem to get stronger when their mask breaks.
I see thx for the input!

BTW, I watched the UM10 vid on YouTube and I got a better glimpse of Possessed Chronoa in her Adult Form and does that Fin or Dark Gogeta look different to you? Has he powered up?
P O W E R

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:06 pm

It's Fin after absorbing Mira. But I'm getting the impression Mira is the dominating personality. I hope they explain where has Mira been all this time, he was last seen fighting Broly Dark alongside Goku Xeno IIRC.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:06 pm It's Fin after absorbing Mira. But I'm getting the impression Mira is the dominating personality. I hope they explain where has Mira been all this time, he was last seen fighting Broly Dark alongside Goku Xeno IIRC.
That was truly his final appearance?! Oh... Well, does the fact that he was fused with Towa back then complicate things?

Basically this is a follow-up to that three-way fight huh?

Also, Fin, who has retained some of GT SSJ4 Gogeta's power, on top of his own, absorbs Mira (Base or Super, it doesn't matter does it?), so shouldn't he be unfathomable stronger? I think he could take on Mira with Towa absorbed easily, who was on par with Broly Dark FPSSJ4 and his mask on. That means that he should have gotten much stronger by losing his mask....

What happened to XParagus?
P O W E R

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Kanassa wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:31 pm
I’d say that only applies to XV franchise, in heroes bardock xeno put the mask back on to gain a power up when fighting king Vegeta xeno

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:53 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:06 pm It's Fin after absorbing Mira. But I'm getting the impression Mira is the dominating personality. I hope they explain where has Mira been all this time, he was last seen fighting Broly Dark alongside Goku Xeno IIRC.
just chilling drinking coffee, enjoying a little time off from fighting.

i forgot how that fight concluded honestly. was there a winner?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:02 pm

Note current Broly Dark lost the Dark Dragon Ball as well.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:47 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:53 pm

Ya'll do realize it's a fin who copied SS4 Gogeta (GT) Power being infused with Super Mira

that's a pretty powerful warrior already

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:41 pm

That’s the manga. Arcade wise this might be the first time he’ll make it into the story (not sure if he had a role in SDBH1-8).

Also a bit late but I’ve done story translations for UVM9 Universe Survival arc. There wasn’t much I could find content wise but it is what it is.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:17 am

Rakurai wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:41 pm

That’s the manga. Arcade wise this might be the first time he’ll make it into the story (not sure if he had a role in SDBH1-8).

Also a bit late but I’ve done story translations for UVM9 Universe Survival arc. There wasn’t much I could find content wise but it is what it is.
Honestly Hearts feels like a series' final Villain and can't believe they're using him for non-canon stuff

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:26 am

Figure I'd link the promo video since, well...Dark Broly is OP and awesome - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5iYPEW4oxo
Watching Goku struggle against Broly is just classic. Gotta love it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:10 pm And again, a waste would be not exploring Dragon Ball in this way. Whether in a game or a series is rather irrelevant. If anything, it's a waste to bring back a series only to make some random tournaments and unnecessary retellings. Nothing it's being wasted on Heroes, the game is just doing what should be expected of Dragon Ball (as a whole) in these modern times.
I agree with you partially. It is a waste because like you said the main series was all around stupid tournament arcs. We could imagine these great concepts to be used on the core instead of just promotion to a Japan-only arcade game.
Rakurai wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pmIf by main series, you mean DBS, then I disagree. The main series didn't need a continuation since its end run in 96/97 (Z or GT). Goku's main story ended when Toriyama completed his manga, or when the last episode of GT aired. Anything else further (yes, even Toyotarou's manga) is a cashgrab with no real direction in the storyline or plot progression.

Side stories or spin-offs are what DB should be focusing on, because we have such a HUGE multiverse with lots of lore to be explored. No focus on this canon-noncanon bullshit, focus on what new stories and new developments for the characters they can provide beyond the main series. That's what SDBH is currently all about.
Well, to be fair... Is no secret in this forum that I think that Super is an average series that could only be better than GT out of the other anime adaptations. And yes I'm aware that the manga story is over in its original 42 volumes, but Super is indeed a "main series" is the way how is labelled by it's authors (though they cannot shove it to the fan throats if they only want to consider the original manga).

My point is not a dicussion about canon and yes that Heroes concepts could be used in a proper anime adaptation, but instead we will probably get Broly movie retold arc and that lame Moro arc as well.
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:14 pm If I'm being honest, the story telling in canon may not be the perfect situation to build upon these stories. The canon is doing great with its stories, and adding the heroes stuff would be to much for it to handle. Not only is there the universe seed saga, but then you have the xenos in as well, both stories that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
So its better as a spin off.
Not saying that they should drop ALL Heroes concepts at once in Super, but at least a few that could serve as good storytelling: Prision Planet, The Seed of the Universe, Hearts and his gang, the return of Zamasu.
RichardKing2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm Yeah not gonna lie... Giant Kamioren looks ugly as fuck (imo)
Not as ugly as SSJ3 Raditz, gosh what a predictable design.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:04 pm
Rakurai wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:31 pm
Xeogran wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:36 pm

They can't add what-if forms to Super Broly, because he's obviously going to be relevant in future DBS content. So for example they can't make him SSJ2 before the actual anime/manga does.
You know, ppl have been saying that sort of thing for years, but if the past is anything to go by, it's painfully clear that Broly: BR getting anything above SS in SDBH will be largely unaffected by what is "predicted" in the main storyline.

SSB Vegetto got Kaio-Ken. They've already started handing out SSG to XTrunks, who despite being an alternate timeline FTrunks, is still FTrunks nevertheless and he's got SSG. He could very well get SSB soon too.

They've had SS2 FTrunks in games for years until we finally saw him achieve it in DBS.

This argument of "they can't do it before the anime/manga" doesn't fly and never has.
None of those examples are comparable for the argument of broly BR. Ssb kaioken vegito is a bad example because it isnt anything that vegito blue could not do in the main canon, he should very well be expected to pull that technique out if anyone bests him in ssb. But we dont know what Broly BR's FPSSJ could evolve to, if it can even evolve in the first place. Toei can do anything they want with old broly because he is a done case, nothing else is coming from him, but they arent going to mess with broly anytime soon. And that is a given.
Correct. I have had it more or less confirmed that Bandai indeed are not allowed to touch modern forms which is why they still make a big deal out of like SS3 because they can even though SS3 is one of the least popular forms ever. And prior to BoG modern DB wasn't a thing so Bandai were allowed to use those existing forms freely. SSGSS is the main mascot form of modern DB but Bandai couldn't use that form on anyone except Goku and Vegeta and any original characters so that's why they gave them different outfits since that is the only thing they can market when it comes to moden forms & characters. Trunks' story is over so him getting these now makes somewhat sense, if Trunks never appeared in DBS they wouldn't have given him SSG.

Ultra Instinct is another example. Bandai can't give that to anyone not even Vegeta which is why when giving it to Goku they used either different outfits or different battle damage because that is all they can do.

Gogeta Blue and SSG Vegeta is another example they both debut in Broly for reasons like that Bandai weren't allowed to use them in DBH. Assumingly they probably also can't give Vegetto or Gogeta SSG either.

So yeah the only thing they can do with NuBroly is given him new clothes. Literally all they can do. But on the flip since Paragus is dead in main series they can bring him back and do whatever to him.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:26 pm

I always had the question whether Xeno:Broly is significantly stronger than his Z counterpart. What I mean is (in essence they are the same) that should I think of a hypothetical LSSJ4 Z Broly by the time of GT, with his being somewhat stronger than in Second Coming, then LSSJ4 Xeno:Broly would be around the same level.

Or I am an idiot who hasn't researched enough. Any help?
P O W E R

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:15 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:26 pm I always had the question whether Xeno:Broly is significantly stronger than his Z counterpart. What I mean is (in essence they are the same) that should I think of a hypothetical LSSJ4 Z Broly by the time of GT, with his being somewhat stronger than in Second Coming, then LSSJ4 Xeno:Broly would be around the same level.

Or I am an idiot who hasn't researched enough. Any help?
Theres a lot of people who would give an answer to you in the strength thread. People outside of that thread arent too fond at power level debates.