Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:15 pm

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:31 pm

So, will Buu begin healing the Gohans at least while the others keep her busy? You know, smart strategy?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:31 pm So, will Buu begin healing the Gohans at least while the others keep her busy? You know, smart strategy?
Depends on whether or not Buu is that smart, I suppose.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:16 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:45 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:31 pm So, will Buu begin healing the Gohans at least while the others keep her busy? You know, smart strategy?
Depends on whether or not Buu is that smart, I suppose.
All it would take is one of the others asking him to heal them. Not exactly time travel.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:28 pm

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:58 am

Unfortunately, we are now getting "very long" pointless special.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:03 pm

coola wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:58 am Image
Unfortunately, we are now getting "very long" pointless special.
Son of a Tuffle, really? Just end it already!

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:48 pm

Dragging fights out indefinitely is the most traditionally Dragonball writing possible.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:43 pm

The DB manga at leats gave you over 18 pages of content per week which made the drag somewhat tolerable.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:36 pm

Normally I wouldn't say anything about a free fan project, but this is just ridiculous. It's been over 2 years in real time since Babidi started his coup on page 1341, and not only is the end still not in sight, but there's going to be ANOTHER four to six month diversionary episode in the middle of this diversionary episode.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 pm

why do they think people still care about these side specials?

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:21 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:19 pm why do they think people still care about these side specials?
They need the side specials to allow Asura time to finish the artwork.

It's really not that different than anime filler.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am

At this point Salagir should get more artist to help Asura. This is Bleach levels of filler now.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:21 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am At this point Salagir should get more artist to help Asura. This is Bleach levels of filler now.
I would say Salagir and possibly many other fan comic/fiction writers have considered the idea of getting additional help. It's easy to recommend something to speed up the release schedule but I don't think fans take into account that these authors have already tried these obvious solutions. Salagir has stated multiple times that it's difficult to find artists willing to draw specials for free in their own style and actually finish them. Based on how the majority of fan comics don't have a release schedule at all and only release when they can, it makes sense why it would even more difficult finding someone who could draw similar to Toriyama's style while also maintaining a schedule every week.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:22 am

Skar wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:21 pm
miguelnuva1 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am At this point Salagir should get more artist to help Asura. This is Bleach levels of filler now.
I would say Salagir and possibly many other fan comic/fiction writers have considered the idea of getting additional help. It's easy to recommend something to speed up the release schedule but I don't think fans take into account that these authors have already tried these obvious solutions. Salagir has stated multiple times that it's difficult to find artists willing to draw specials for free in their own style and actually finish them. Based on how the majority of fan comics don't have a release schedule at all and only release when they can, it makes sense why it would even more difficult finding someone who could draw similar to Toriyama's style while also maintaining a schedule every week.
Exactly. Skar gets it.

I have a lot of respect for Salagir for essentially being a movie director for years. He has to write the story, maintain the website and online presence, find reliable translators, go through job interviews with various artists, manage the artists to make sure they actually FINISH their work, and then coordinate everything together every 3 days...all for free.

You ever try to convince anyone to do anything for free? And then convince them to do it for several years?

What do you do if they say yes, draw 4 pages out of 10, then suddenly, like MANY artists, just simply lose interest and stop responding? What do you do, spam their Deviantart until they reply 8 months later with "sorry I just cant do anymore dont be mad pls :(".

Imagine having to be both writer and the manager of SEVERAL artists to nag and check up on them to make sure they actually do their job. And then it's not really a job, because you can't threaten to pay them less or take away their paycheck.

In a way, Toriyama had it easier, because he had a set schedule for himself to be the sole writer and artist. And he only (using that word loosely because its still a full time career) had to do those main two jobs. The distribution, marketing, shading, and various other minor tasks were all done by Bird studio, Viz. etc. As long as he did his two main jobs, the work would ALWAYS go out without fail.

It's a miracle this work has managed to stay going for this many years. So, even with all its flaws and issues, it deserves respect and accolades for achieving something that most people in the world would've given up on after 1 year in.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:23 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:54 am

And all interest was lost.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm

It is just me, or does Vegeta look like he was copy/paste?
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:50 pm

coola wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 pm It is just me, or does Vegeta look like he was copy/paste?
It's the background; they all look slightly pasted. I think the artist draws the characters and then uses a pre-loaded background.