"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:26 pm I always had the question whether Xeno:Broly is significantly stronger than his Z counterpart. What I mean is (in essence they are the same) that should I think of a hypothetical LSSJ4 Z Broly by the time of GT, with his being somewhat stronger than in Second Coming, then LSSJ4 Xeno:Broly would be around the same level.

Or I am an idiot who hasn't researched enough. Any help?
Theres a lot of people who would give an answer to you in the strength thread. People outside of that thread arent too fond at power level debates.
I am aware, thanks. Thing is that no one is well informed in Heroes lore as the guys here.
P O W E R

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Can someone translate the name of the technique? As much as possible, of course.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:10 pm And again, a waste would be not exploring Dragon Ball in this way. Whether in a game or a series is rather irrelevant. If anything, it's a waste to bring back a series only to make some random tournaments and unnecessary retellings. Nothing it's being wasted on Heroes, the game is just doing what should be expected of Dragon Ball (as a whole) in these modern times.
It feels that way because many of these characters were created in the same series that has not yet been completed.

and basically if there had not been those tournaments those characters could not be in the games

another thing is that characters from movies of z are used ... that lead nowhere ... so they can be used without problem

besides that you can't enjoy an anime and a video game in the same way at least not in story
Rakurai wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:57 pm
Noah wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:10 pm I can say I liked Pan new design and others that I saw reading through the thread, still can't think how much of a waste is this to be on HEROES and not in the main series.
If by main series, you mean DBS, then I disagree. The main series didn't need a continuation since its end run in 96/97 (Z or GT). Goku's main story ended when Toriyama completed his manga, or when the last episode of GT aired. Anything else further (yes, even Toyotarou's manga) is a cashgrab with no real direction in the storyline or plot progression.

Side stories or spin-offs are what DB should be focusing on, because we have such a HUGE multiverse with lots of lore to be explored. No focus on this canon-noncanon bullshit, focus on what new stories and new developments for the characters they can provide beyond the main series. That's what SDBH is currently all about.
eh? ... SDBH is a game to sell cards ...
An 8-minute commercial is not necessary. or a Japanese video game that outside the animations very few know.

a story can be canon or not that does not determine if something is good or bad.

I do not agree with that ... because you may have hundreds of alternative stories, but these do not lead anywhere, and I would still prefer the main story that was the origin of these ideas and can always be continued or renewed.

and depends on opinions

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:08 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:17 pm Can someone translate the name of the technique? As much as possible, of course.
Wild Rebellion Trigger (source: https://xn--dbh-cj4e260f.xyz/um10-ur-list2/ )

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:18 am

Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:18 am
P O W E R

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:59 am

ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:08 amWild Rebellion Trigger (source: https://xn--dbh-cj4e260f.xyz/um10-ur-list2/ )
Thanks. Not a new technique but finally one that is not just a punch.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:41 am

You know, with Xeno Trunks getting Super Saiyan God, it being the first time a half breed has gotten a God form, this pretty much killed my theory on Super Saiyan Rage being the half breed version of the God forms cause that's the only theory that made sense to me since you know, blue aura, golden hair. But now, since it's confirmed that half breeds can get the regular God forms, this just furthers my point of SSJ Rage completely pointless. They really could've just given him Super Saiyan Blue, or Super Saiyan God if Blue would've been redundant on an already blue-haired person, which is another reason why they should've kept his hair purple.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:41 am You know, with Xeno Trunks getting Super Saiyan God, it being the first time a half breed has gotten a God form, this pretty much killed my theory on Super Saiyan Rage being the half breed version of the God forms cause that's the only theory that made sense to me since you know, blue aura, golden hair. But now, since it's confirmed that half breeds can get the regular God forms, this just furthers my point of SSJ Rage completely pointless. They really could've just given him Super Saiyan Blue, or Super Saiyan God if Blue would've been redundant on an already blue-haired person, which is another reason why they should've kept his hair purple.

Just keep in mind the Heroes logic =/= canon logic. Heroes is to feed us full of the fanservice we've all wanted since DB:AF and beyond, but the content in no way reflects the true workings of the canonical DB universe.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:52 am

But also keep in mind that "Heroes logic" is not different at all than something that doesn't even exist. It was never established that half Saiyans can't achieve Super Saiyan God, and so Heroes is still in the realm of possibilities of what can be done by giving said form to Trunks.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:43 am

Besides, I can't think of Heroes ever contradicting Super, whether be the manga or anime.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:43 pm

I wasn't saying they can't exist in the canon. I'm just saying they currently don't. Just because half Saiyans can turn into SSJG in Heroes, there is no confirmation if this can be done in the anime canon at this time.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Noah wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:38 pm
Well, to be fair... Is no secret in this forum that I think that Super is an average series that could only be better than GT out of the other anime adaptations. And yes I'm aware that the manga story is over in its original 42 volumes, but Super is indeed a "main series" is the way how is labelled by it's authors (though they cannot shove it to the fan throats if they only want to consider the original manga).

My point is not a dicussion about canon and yes that Heroes concepts could be used in a proper anime adaptation, but instead we will probably get Broly movie retold arc and that lame Moro arc as well.
Which is a shame, because the SDBH stories could certainly use a lot more fleshing out. Nagayama is merely following the Missions in order with his own spin on events and maybe a little more exposition, but imagine if we had a series that could focus on the conflicts between the Demon Gods and the Time Patrol, with a prologue for Demigra and Chronoa, then starting the main plot with FTrunks getting recruited and having him recruit the other Time Patrollers. It's fresh, it has a lot of potential, and isn't tied to the main timeline which frankly we need to get out of at this point since we keep getting retcons and contradictions on a story that ended over 20 years ago.
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:36 pm eh? ... SDBH is a game to sell cards ...
An 8-minute commercial is not necessary. or a Japanese video game that outside the animations very few know.

a story can be canon or not that does not determine if something is good or bad.

I do not agree with that ... because you may have hundreds of alternative stories, but these do not lead anywhere, and I would still prefer the main story that was the origin of these ideas and can always be continued or renewed.

and depends on opinions
I was referring to the story of SDBH, not the series as a whole. I know canonicity doesn't determine jack about quality, I never tried to imply it did. DBS is a telling example of that.

And you're wrong on something. The main story is indeed the origin of these ideas, SDBH 1-8 focused on fixing the timelines that were corrupted by the Dark Dragon Balls. GT is more or less the origin of UVM for the Dark Demon Realm. They're spin-offs that can borrow elements from the main or multiple timelines and put on a twist.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:30 pm
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:26 pm I always had the question whether Xeno:Broly is significantly stronger than his Z counterpart. What I mean is (in essence they are the same) that should I think of a hypothetical LSSJ4 Z Broly by the time of GT, with his being somewhat stronger than in Second Coming, then LSSJ4 Xeno:Broly would be around the same level.

Or I am an idiot who hasn't researched enough. Any help?
Theres a lot of people who would give an answer to you in the strength thread. People outside of that thread arent too fond at power level debates.
I am aware, thanks. Thing is that no one is well informed in Heroes lore as the guys here.
The Xeno counterparts have generally been stronger than their "main timeline" counterparts, including the Time Patrol, Shadow Dragons, King Vegeta, and Bardock. It's hard to say for Broly Dark (who I assume is the Xeno equivalent), but I think it's very safe to say he's also generally stronger than his Z counterpart.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:22 am

Universe mission 10 card list is up http://www.carddass.com/dbh/sdbh/cardli ... ory=418110#

(Awesome to see the golden hair ssj and LSSJ broly(z) finally gets another card after 5 years lol )

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:22 am

better look to the new cards/skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpK8HnzDkA

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:03 pm

I was expecting to see the SSJG Trunks card this set. Shame we gotta wait a little longer haha!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:37 pm

Wilderness wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:03 pm I was expecting to see the SSJG Trunks card this set. Shame we gotta wait a little longer haha!
Gotta wait until UVM11 around Nov, that's when he comes out!
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:28 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Majin Ozotto, lore-wise? Did he escape Prison Planet or has someone defeated him?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:28 pm Does anyone know what happened to Majin Ozotto, lore-wise? Did he escape Prison Planet or has someone defeated him?
He's still around although he's become a side character in the universal conflict saga but he has a goal to devour Lagss apparently he ate her whole tribe and she survived he reign of terror

hope they do more with him