Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:57 am

I know its not good to make a thread about something without a link. But I want to know about this. What exactly is this all about?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:16 am

People fooling around at work, Vic supporters going crazy over immature jokes.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:35 am

Remember the James Gunn thing? it's basically that again. Alt!right aggravators trying to smear their enemies by digging up past history of offensive jokes that in no way reflects their current character to turn the "woke" crowd against each other.

It's hypocritical and you should pay it no mind. Nick Rekeita, Vic Migogna's unofficial Youtube lawyer is the dude trying to stir this up, and he's worn blackface for god's sake.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:51 am

The outtakes are deepfakes

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:57 am

I see it as more bloopers as usual. And can somebody tell me why these Dicknogna stans are comparing that to a creep who violently pulled a woman's hair and lured in teenagers?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:02 am

EXBadguy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:57 am I see it as more bloopers as usual. And can somebody tell me why these Dicknogna stans are comparing that to a creep who violently pulled a woman's hair and lured in teenagers?
Because they're this desperate for a 'Gotcha!' win moment that they're willing to treat off-color jokes involving fictional characters as anywhere near as reprehensible as Vic's actions to actual living human beings.

At least, I hope to whatever deity you prefer that it's just their desperation leading them to that, because if they actually believe they're on the same level, then...I have no words.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:06 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:02 amAt least, I hope to whatever deity you prefer that it's just their desperation leading them to that, because if they actually believe they're on the same level, then...I have no words.
Never underestimate the power of stupidity: especially on the internet.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:07 am

Everyone loved ghost stories dub despite how "offensive" it is. Just Vic supporters trying to bring people down with him in a pathetic way.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:13 am

An aspect of life I've learned many times over, and yet, every time I think it's peaked, it finds new levels to surprise me with.

Is this why people drink? I don't even drink but I feel like I need liquor.
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:17 am

Kataphrut wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:35 am Remember the James Gunn thing? it's basically that again. Alt!right aggravators trying to smear their enemies by digging up past history of offensive jokes that in no way reflects their current character to turn the "woke" crowd against each other.

It's hypocritical and you should pay it no mind. Nick Rekeita, Vic Migogna's unofficial Youtube lawyer is the dude trying to stir this up, and he's worn blackface for god's sake.
This is worse than the James Gunn thing. At least in that case, people were digging up publicly available tweets that Gunn was careless enough to not delete. This is people flat out hacking private servers in order to “avenge” the firing of a single person.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:27 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:13 amIs this why people drink? I don't even drink but I feel like I need liquor.
Disregarding the usual partying fratbro types, there's two primary kinds of drinkers in this world: people who drink to bury their guilt/shame for their own wrongdoings and fuckups, and people who drink to drown out the asinine idiocy and sociopathy surrounding them.

I don't indulge super often myself; but when I do, I'm personally very much in the latter camp.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:36 am

I saw the hashtag trending on Twitter and it's basically people saying "gotcha" and calling for firings. As if this is at all commensurate with Mignogna's situation. I don't get this level of fervor a Z list celebrity has.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:45 am

ABED wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:36 am I saw the hashtag trending on Twitter and it's basically people saying "gotcha" and calling for firings. As if this is at all commensurate with Mignogna's situation.
Apparently they think that one person’s firing gives them good reason to try and sink an entire company, thereby ruining the livelihoods of countless other people.
Last edited by WittyUsername on Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:46 am

ABED wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:36 am I saw the hashtag trending on Twitter and it's basically people saying "gotcha" and calling for firings. As if this is at all commensurate with Mignogna's situation. I don't get this level of fervor a Z list celebrity has.
Yeah, it was in the top ten. That was scary. Now the hashtag isn't in the top anymore.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:58 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:02 am Because they're this desperate for a 'Gotcha!' win moment that they're willing to treat off-color jokes involving fictional characters as anywhere near as reprehensible as Vic's actions to actual living human beings.

At least, I hope to whatever deity you prefer that it's just their desperation leading them to that, because if they actually believe they're on the same level, then...I have no words.
a lot of them probably think it's worst because, in their mind one of them "made fun" of their favorite anime voice actor, and the other stuff either didn't happen or if it did, wasn't that bad and people are overreacting.

like these people are so crazy, i think most people have seen and dealt with people who defend sexual abusers celebrities/sexual abusers in general, but like it's so freaking obvious he's guilty and has been for the longest time. it's insane.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:00 am

Sean 'My son's a faggot' Schemmel out here taking the entirely brave stance of being a homophobic shithead. Truly a manly man.

That insest joke, though, wow. All those doujinshi finally paid off!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:02 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:58 am
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:02 am Because they're this desperate for a 'Gotcha!' win moment that they're willing to treat off-color jokes involving fictional characters as anywhere near as reprehensible as Vic's actions to actual living human beings.

a lot of them probably think it's worst because, in their mind one of them "made fun" of their favorite anime voice actor, and the other stuff either didn't happen or if it did, wasn't that bad and people are overreacting.

like these people are so crazy, i think most people have seen and dealt with people who defend sexual abusers celebrities/sexual abusers in general, but like it's so freaking obvious he's guilty and has been for the longest time. it's insane.
I’m just baffled that there’s been more backlash against the accusers of an anime voice actor than there has been backlash against the people who have accused far more famous and influential people of crimes. How the hell was Mignogna able to garner such a fanatically devoted base? Are anime fans just that crazy?

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:06 am

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:00 am Sean 'My son's a faggot' Schemmel out here taking the entirely brave stance of being a homophobic shithead. Truly a manly man.
Yeah...hopefully he'll apologize for that at least.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:31 am

I just heard all of the clips and honestly I'm pretty shocked. I'm just as equally shocked that there are people here defending this trash. This stuff is pretty immature and definitely something I'm sure TOEI will have to address soon. What Sean said though, I'm not going to lie I've lost some respect for the guy. Yeah, most were just having workplace fun but it's extremely unprofessional and I'm sure FUNimation is going to have a tough time explaining this one to TOEI.

As for Vic fans using this as ammunition, that's also pretty immature. Both of these situations are separate and while these leaked clips are bad and will undoubtedly make FUNimation look bad, they're not as bad as to what Vic has been accused of doing.
One World. 🌐 🕊

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:34 am

PhoenixEX wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:31 am I just heard all of the clips and honestly I'm pretty shocked. Putting the Vic stuff aside, this stuff is pretty immature and definitely something I'm sure TOEI will address soon enough. What Sean said though, I'm not going to lie I've lost some respect for the guy. Yeah, most were just having workplace fun but it's extremely unprofessional and I'm sure FUNimation is going to have a tough time explaining this one to TOEI.

As for Vic fans using this as ammunition, that's also pretty immature. Both of these situations are separate and while these leaked clips are bad and will undoubtedly make FUNimation look bad, they're not as bad as to what Vic has been accused of doing.
Is Toei really in any position to be concerned about this? Their shows are full of tasteless and crude humor. That’s not even getting into the questionable things they did with Pan in GT.