"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Araki
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Araki » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Spencer_23 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:50 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 am Imagine believing YOUTUBERS over the actual animation studio. Why would they outright tell everyone a movie is in the works but deny the anime? You guys realize animes are announced way before they air right? Attack on titan final season was announced over a year before it will end up airing and thats one of the most popular series in the world so its not some franchise that needs all the attention it can get

Lmao no kidding. These clowns defend some random dude on YouTube as if they know him. Ajay seems cool, he was wrong, no biggie, he owned up to it.

I remember that hilarious Geekdom (prob the biggest moron they defend) video of his “proof” that he didn’t lie (despite being quite rude to people who doubted him) which was just texts with names/numbers blurred out. Literally anyone could post the exact same thing lol. Clearly no one actually knew anything when it came to a continuation of Super.

But the people in here are just too delusional to even discuss that fact. They’d rather magically believe it’s been delayed with no evidence since they were so sure it was coming.
Geekdom was seen recently hyping up the name "Dragon Ball Evolve" as if it was some mysterious new trademark, only to be told it was a toy line, then quickly delete the tweet and pull some bad attempt of damage control.

Then there was that time where he used a dubious Toei tweet - that led up to nothing - to pretend he knew something.

He doesn't know shit, but likes to act like he's some kind of big deal. I don't see why I shouldn't believe and respect Ajay, but he's a joke that never mans up about his mistakes.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:50 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Lmao no kidding. These clowns defend some random dude on YouTube as if they know him. Ajay seems cool, he was wrong, no biggie, he owned up to it.

I remember that hilarious Geekdom (prob the biggest moron they defend) video of his “proof” that he didn’t lie (despite being quite rude to people who doubted him) which was just texts with names/numbers blurred out. Literally anyone could post the exact same thing lol. Clearly no one actually knew anything when it came to a continuation of Super.

But the people in here are just too delusional to even discuss that fact. They’d rather magically believe it’s been delayed with no evidence since they were so sure it was coming.
They have no reason to lie though. Especially for this long.
Toei has no reason to lie though, especially for this long.
Yes they do, it's called not being ready to announce it yet.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:52 pm

PremiumSalt wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:50 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:12 pm They have no reason to lie though. Especially for this long.
Toei has no reason to lie though, especially for this long.
Yes they do, it's called not being ready to announce it yet.
The anime didn't come back in July so obviously there was no announcement, they kept denying but everyone stuck their head in sand and then started deflecting blame

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Spencer_23 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Araki wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:44 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 am Imagine believing YOUTUBERS over the actual animation studio. Why would they outright tell everyone a movie is in the works but deny the anime? You guys realize animes are announced way before they air right? Attack on titan final season was announced over a year before it will end up airing and thats one of the most popular series in the world so its not some franchise that needs all the attention it can get

Geekdom was seen recently hyping up the name "Dragon Ball Evolve" as if it was some mysterious new trademark, only to be told it was a toy line, then quickly delete the tweet and pull some bad attempt of damage control.

Then there was that time where he used a dubious Toei tweet - that led up to nothing - to pretend he knew something.

He doesn't know shit, but likes to act like he's some kind of big deal. I don't see why I shouldn't believe and respect Ajay, but he's a joke that never mans up about his mistakes.
lol that’s embarrassing. Dude is a clown. And I can’t believe how ignorant people are that they don’t realize they do this shit for clicks and credibility, which ironically has been shown to be fraudulent time and time again. People are actually so dumb they believe random people on YouTube (PROVEN to have been wrong) over all other evidence lmao.

Ajay is fine, Geekdom is a joke.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:19 pm

I'm glad most of us agree that he's bad but what do we do now? Will next year be just as bad?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 am

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:19 pm I'm glad most of us agree that he's bad but what do we do now? Will next year be just as bad?
By bad you mean without Dragon Ball or with bad Youtubers? Cause bad Youtubers are probably an eternal problem.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:08 am

Geekdom just made a new vid to address this whole thing

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:44 pm

Saturnine wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:08 am Geekdom just made a new vid to address this whole thing
:roll:

Let me guess : Its One Piece fault, all his sources have gone quiet now and there is now new information

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:44 pm
Saturnine wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:08 am Geekdom just made a new vid to address this whole thing

Let me guess : Its One Piece fault, all his sources have gone quiet now and there is now new information
Pretty much. Geekdom really has been handling this poorly.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:18 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 am
IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:19 pm I'm glad most of us agree that he's bad but what do we do now? Will next year be just as bad?
By bad you mean without Dragon Ball or with bad Youtubers? Cause bad Youtubers are probably an eternal problem.
Both.

If Super is so popular both in and outside of Japan then why was Toei so distant about 2.0? The only thing that happened this year was some random offhanded mention of a movie hardly anyone cares about.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:22 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:44 pm

Pretty much. Geekdom really has been handling this poorly.
I think that if he hasn't apologized so far is simply because he genuinely doesn't feel that he has anything to apologize for. He's acting that way quite consistently at the very least.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:11 pm

I'm assuming from how quiet it is that no one's really expecting an October release at this point? I remember there was some talk about that being a small possibility a few months back, but I suppose we've passed the point for an announcement like that (it would've started in just four weeks from now).
I guess the next move is just to wait patiently and see if maybe Jump Festa has anything, whether it's about an anime return or the next movie.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:32 pm

I think they'll make something next year. I mean, the Olympics will be next year and Goku is one of the ambassadors, in terms of marketing makes total sense.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:46 am

Kitaro's new anime won't last forever.
Wait for it to end and see which anime will take its time slot was always the most reasonable approach to this situation.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:22 pm

Guys! I just saw someone post something about Toei on Twitter. Apparently, they're hiring the "digital team" for an upcoming "new big project". Could this be a sign...?

https://twitter.com/evandro_pedro96/sta ... 17600?s=20
Caulifla best girl! :)

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:22 pm Guys! I just saw someone post something about Toei on Twitter. Apparently, they're hiring the "digital team" for an upcoming "new big project". Could this be a sign...?

After all the teases that turned out to be nothing earlier this year I personally won't get my hopes up :(

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:09 pm

I’m surprised that there hasn’t really been anything new since the movie. Sure, the manga is in the middle of its own story arc right now, but there’s been absolutely nothing on the anime side of things.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:22 pm Guys! I just saw someone post something about Toei on Twitter. Apparently, they're hiring the "digital team" for an upcoming "new big project". Could this be a sign...?

At this point, it could be a new season. But it also could be a new movie.

The one thing I do like about this "will they won't they" on a continuation is that it's kept "Dragon Ball Super AF" well away from being discussed, though I can't deny that I would like to see how the DBAF mythos would develop in a post-Super world. Because no one believes that the series is actually gone (because it really would make no sense for them to not at least adapt the Moro arc), all speculation of that continuation has been limited since it makes no sense to get overly attached to any plotline.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Yeah I ain't doing this song and dance again until the show is actually confirmed, thanks.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:12 pm

We can't just assume anything new is about DBS. I thought we learned that lesson after getting let down every month this year.