Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:56 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:50 pm
Valerius Dover wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:15 pm Isn't Kiwi Farms (the guys who hacked and got ahold of the files) pretty much a criminal website at this point? I've never heard anything good about them.
Absolutely. Doxxing is basically a synonym for "stalking", the way it involves finding and publishing people's public & private addresses.
I don't think doxxing really has any relation to stalking, it's more an invasion of privacy by way of releasing sensitive information.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 pm

The moment I saw a Vic supporter claim Kiwifarms cooperates with the police -- a baffling claim that the most basic of research can disprove -- erased any and all doubt in my mind Vic's cult wasn't operating on naivete.

Granted, the mountain of excuses they made for Rekieta's wretchedness should've spoken to that, but you could maybe make the argument some stupid kids who knew nothing about sexual assault, courts, and right-to-work laws got conned; however, dialing that up to 11 and making excuses for a site complicit with terrorism is a tacit admission you're in this to hurt people.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:04 am

Kiwi Farms was responsible for the leaked audio? Do we know that for sure?

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:49 am

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:04 am Kiwi Farms was responsible for the leaked audio? Do we know that for sure?
It first popped up on Screech's stream, although Greg mentions an ex-audio engineer kept the audio. Bear in that mind that a) I don't know if said individual was related to this leak, and b) I don't exactly know where Greg got this info.

While we're on the subject, I've also been reading some of this audio was shared around cons a long time ago, but I have nothing to back that up aside from users on ResetERA/Twitter expressing familiarity.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:49 am

KBABZ wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:56 pm I don't think doxxing really has any relation to stalking, it's more an invasion of privacy by way of releasing sensitive information.
Actually, according to the Federal Government, it would be stalking. To quote the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission wrote:Stalking: "Stalking is a pattern of repeated and unwanted attention, harassment, contact, or any other course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to feel fear." Stalking can include: Repeated, unwanted, intrusive, and frightening communications from the perpetrator by phone, mail, and/or email[;] [r]epeatedly leaving or sending victim unwanted items, presents, or flowers[;] [f]ollowing or laying in wait for the victim at places such as home, school, work, or recreation place[;] [m]aking direct or indirect threats to harm the victim, the victim's children, relatives, friends, or pets[;] [d]amaging or threatening to damage the victim's property[;] [h]arassing victim through the internet[;] [p]osting information or spreading rumors about the victim on the internet, in a public place, or by word of mouth[;] [or] [o]btaining personal information about the victim by accessing public records, using internet search services, hiring private investigators, going through the victim's garbage, following the victim, contacting victim's friends, family work, or neighbors, etc."
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:44 am

Vic's response has been filed.

Just started reading and they're citing Panty and Stocking as evidence FUNi's work culture was "sexually charged".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:53 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:44 am Vic's response has been filed.

Just started reading and they're citing Panty and Stocking as evidence FUNi's work culture was "sexually charged".
Funny how they go with that rather than the infamous Master Roshi scene in Super. Regardless, the source material is not good evidence here unless you have it on tape that Sabat said unironically "Let's get the Panty and Stocking license so I can get my rocks off dubbing it".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 am

Just an FYI: this isn't as meaty as it appears. Most, if not all, of the new information's within the first hundred pages -- Beard bloated the formatting with copy-pasted depositions and only using one page for each tweet.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:23 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 am Just an FYI: this isn't as meaty as it appears. Most, if not all, of the new information's within the first hundred pages -- Beard bloated the formatting with copy-pasted depositions and only using one page for each tweet.
So the legal equivalent of using a large font with super-spacious kerning and septuple line spacing?

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:26 am

KBABZ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:23 am
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 am Just an FYI: this isn't as meaty as it appears. Most, if not all, of the new information's within the first hundred pages -- Beard bloated the formatting with copy-pasted depositions and only using one page for each tweet.
So the legal equivalent of using a large font with super-spacious kerning and septuple line spacing?
Preeeeetty much.

Anyway, further reading reveals that, yes, we are indeed within the Twilight Zone.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:33 am

What is that supposed to accomplish?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:48 am

KBABZ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:53 am

Funny how they go with that rather than the infamous Master Roshi scene in Super. Regardless, the source material is not good evidence here unless you have it on tape that Sabat said unironically "Let's get the Panty and Stocking license so I can get my rocks off dubbing it".
Funny that they think this is some sort of reasonable defense for Mignogna’s behavior. “The shows Funimation licensed were sexual in nature so it’s only natural Mignogna would cop a feel without a consent!”

And there’s people who take this third-rate douche seriously as a legal professional.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:33 am

How does this defense make any sense?

"There was a sexually charged environment at our place of employment...which means that I was SO bad with my behavior that I was out of line even in that situation."
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:45 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:48 am

Funny that they think this is some sort of reasonable defense for Mignogna’s behavior. “The shows Funimation licensed were sexual in nature so it’s only natural Mignogna would cop a feel without a consent!”

And there’s people who take this third-rate douche seriously as a legal professional.
I don't think that's what being said.

Although it's worded terribly I think it was ment to convey that Funimation is no stranger to sexually based humor weither it's the products (such as Panty and Stocking or Prison School) or through it's promotions in Social Media.

(At least they left Shimoneta out of this) XP

Sidenote
Jeez 1000 pages is too fucking much too read! Especially if most of it is not new information.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:50 pm

That's still pretty fucking rich coming from freeze peach warriors like beard and Rekieta. Saying "there's sexual content in the shows Funi produced so of course Vic will do something sexual" is no better than saying "video games have violent content so they cause violence".

It's super fucking weird too when they cite something Vic's not even in.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:07 pm

excelhedge wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:45 am

Although it's worded terribly I think it was ment to convey that Funimation is no stranger to sexually based humor weither it's the products (such as Panty and Stocking or Prison School) or through it's promotions in Social Media.

Sidenote
Jeez 1000 pages is too fucking much too read! Especially if most of it is not new information.
Yeah, no. A company being involved with shows that have politically incorrect sexual themes and situations or having their actors make jokes like a cartoon mom getting off to her fictional not-real 5-year old cartoon son is not remotely comparable to someone making unwanted sexual advances and comments to actual human beings. To even pretend the two are equivalent or connected is beyond moronic and ridiculous.

Between this response, Mignogna stans saying Mignogna was fired over some jellybean joke (because they have the collective memory and brain power of a brain dead goldfish and forgot their was multiple testimonies of his inappropriate behavior) and people acting like the Funimation leaked audio is anywhere the same as what Vic did, the anime fandom has just been a giant waste of oxygen.

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:16 pm

So, on a scale of one to ten, how suspect is it that Chuck Huber consistently gets the name of the film wrong?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:20 pm

LostTimeLord wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:16 pm So, on a scale of one to ten, how suspect is it that Chuck Huber consistently gets the name of the film wrong?

I’m pretty sure Funimation thinks the franchise as a whole called Dragon Ball Z. Given how often they get information wrong including in regards to their own dubs history (I’ve seen way too many Funimation voice actors refer to themselves as the original English voice actors among other errors) I really don’t think Huber calling it Dragon Ball Z Super Broly really means anything.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:36 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:07 pm
excelhedge wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:45 am

Sidenote
Yeah, no. A company being involved with shows that have politically incorrect sexual themes and situations or having their actors make jokes like a cartoon mom getting off to her fictional not-real 5-year old cartoon son is not remotely comparable to someone making unwanted sexual advances and comments to actual human beings. To even pretend the two are equivalent or connected is beyond moronic and ridiculous.

Between this response, Mignogna stans saying Mignogna was fired over some jellybean joke (because they have the collective memory and brain power of a brain dead goldfish and forgot their was multiple testimonies of his inappropriate behavior) and people acting like the Funimation leaked audio is anywhere the same as what Vic did, the anime fandom has just been a giant waste of oxygen.
Yeah agree an outtake reel is nothing compared sexual harassment allegations.

(Plus we don't know Gohan's age in that Chichi clip, and Gohan is Hawt as a "High School Student/Adult" :mrgreen: I wouldn't blame Chichi one bit for banging Gohan. :thumbup: )

But that's not what the document was talking about.

I also understand you can't really say Sexual Humor was common place cuz Funimation translated raunchy Anime.

Hell I love Desert Punk, but I not going to label Eric Vale and misogynistic perv because of his outtakes or the actual dialogue he read as Kanta and he kept slipping into his Trunks voice.

https://youtu.be/n5dLevTRF-0

Hell it's not like the FMA cast didn't also have some lewd outtakes either
https://youtu.be/g3aFPN2dEOA
Last edited by excelhedge on Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:45 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:20 pmI really don’t think Huber calling it Dragon Ball Z Super Broly really means anything.
Kinda funny though. See also: Mignogna's affidavit misspelling Colleen Clinkenbeard as "Coleen" Clinkenbeard.