Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

foxfang4
Beyond Newbie

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by foxfang4 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:28 pm

To be honest, I was shocked that Sean Schemmel's career survived a racist outburst he had a few years ago at a convention. I think I can find the clip again, but I've been struggling. It was a panel for Resurrection F, if I'm not mistaken. I remember showing at least 3-4 others this and they were shocked.

Basically: a black teenager got on the microphone, and went off about how he felt such a strong connection with Goku. Then Sean Schemmel replied with something like "Yeah, of course you do. Goku's a negligent father and you probably don't even have a dad." At this point, I remember the entire audience turned on Schemmel (there were tons of murmurs, and boos in the audience and a very awkward silence). This is when Sean decided to backpedal as if his career depended on it. He was stumbling, and stuttering: "Oh, you know...as the stereotype goes...which I was referencing a joke. Sorry man." (I remember he actually apologized). The host (which I'm pretty sure was a Funimation employee) quickly changed the subject. I remember thinking, watching this: "That's it. Career over." But, no. Somehow the internet never found out about that. So, since then, I've been very wary of supporting Sean Schemmel and these leaks haven't helped his cause.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:41 pm

Yeah... Last I check they can't be fired over outtakes.

Funimation just now has even less reasons to include them in dvds now.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:21 pm

foxfang4 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:28 pm To be honest, I was shocked that Sean Schemmel's career survived a racist outburst he had a few years ago at a convention. I think I can find the clip again, but I've been struggling. It was a panel for Resurrection F, if I'm not mistaken. I remember showing at least 3-4 others this and they were shocked.

Basically: a black teenager got on the microphone, and went off about how he felt such a strong connection with Goku. Then Sean Schemmel replied with something like "Yeah, of course you do. Goku's a negligent father and you probably don't even have a dad." At this point, I remember the entire audience turned on Schemmel (there were tons of murmurs, and boos in the audience and a very awkward silence). This is when Sean decided to backpedal as if his career depended on it. He was stumbling, and stuttering: "Oh, you know...as the stereotype goes...which I was referencing a joke. Sorry man." (I remember he actually apologized). The host (which I'm pretty sure was a Funimation employee) quickly changed the subject. I remember thinking, watching this: "That's it. Career over." But, no. Somehow the internet never found out about that. So, since then, I've been very wary of supporting Sean Schemmel and these leaks haven't helped his cause.
This is the first I’ve even heard of this.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:51 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:06 pm

coola wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:51 pm https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... AAfvJ0.jpg Chuck Huber affidavit
What the hell even is this? Is this real? Aside from the fact that the date for when Kai was recorded is blatantly wrong, is that supposed to imply that Stephanie Nadolny and Tiffany Vollmer lost their roles for refusing to have sex with Sabat, and that Colleen Clinkenbeard and Monica Rial got their roles by doing so?
Last edited by WittyUsername on Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:09 pm

jelleline89 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:15 pm

At the same time though, why were these recordings kept online all these years? Unless this was leaked by someone who savdd these recordings for a rainy day, I have to imagine FUNimation or someone affiliated with them carelessly left these files online and unknowingly allowed a third party access to them.
The same reason Beatles bootlegs have been kept for all these years (okay, may not exactly the same because we're talking about outtakes from an anime and not from the most successful rock group of all time): they were forgotten about. Or maybe they were fun to play at holiday parties.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:13 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:06 pm
coola wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:51 pm https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... AAfvJ0.jpg Chuck Huber affidavit
What the hell even is this? Is this real? Aside from the fact that the date for when Kai was recorded is blatantly wrong, is that supposed to imply that Stephanie Nadolny and Tiffany Vollmer lost their roles for refusing to have sex with Sabat, and that Colleen Clinkenbeard and Monica Rial got their roles by doing so?
https://twitter.com/Ryumoau_Juno/status ... 5974562817 Here is source.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:16 pm

coola wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:13 pm
What am I even looking at? Who is that supposed to be?

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:22 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:16 pm
coola wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:13 pm

What am I even looking at? Who is that supposed to be?
The source just seems to be some guy, as per the usual with anything on Twitter.

In any case at this point I never really cared about the dub for a long, long time. All this drama is exhausting. I just want Super Parts 9 and 10 to come out so I can complete the series, then frankly I don’t care what happens after that. While I can’t say a FUNi-less Dragon Ball is particularly likely whatsoever, the idea does entice me a bit.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:24 pm

The affidavit is included in Vic's response, which is linked in the Vic Mignogna thread.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:25 pm

Note that Chuck acknowledges them as rumors. Rumors he "believes" are credible, but still rumors.

The hypocrisy continues to be stunning.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:29 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:25 pm Note that Chuck acknowledges them as rumors. Rumors he "believes" are credible, but still rumors.

The hypocrisy continues to be stunning.
So, he’s opening himself up to a potential defamation lawsuit now, and he couldn’t even get the date right?

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:36 pm

DRAGON BALL KAI IN 2007 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:38 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:29 pm So, he’s opening himself up to a potential defamation lawsuit now, and he couldn’t even get the date right?
No, no, Chuck's fine. Legally speaking, anyway. He's not lying when he says he's "heard rumors", and there's no evidence of him being anything but an overly loyal friend to a known sex pest.

It's more the hypocrisy of it all that's bothering me. I can stand for idiocy, but intellectual dishonesty (#ISWV "angry SJW" tactics, and yelling about rumors) is an abhorrence to me.
Last edited by Fionordequester on Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:40 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:38 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:29 pm So, he’s opening himself up to a potential defamation lawsuit now, and he couldn’t even get the date right?
No, no, Chuck's fine. Legally speaking, anyway. He's not lying when he says he's "heard rumors", and there's no evidence of him being anything but an overly loyal friend to a known sex pest.

It's more the hypocrisy of it all that's bothering me. I can stand for idiocy, but intellectual dishonesty (the way #ISWV is doubling down on Chris over rumors) is an abhorrence to me.
He said that he has reason to believe these “rumors” are true, and that Sabat threatened him and his family. Those are serious accusations.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:43 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:40 pmHe said that he has reason to believe these “rumors” are true, and that Sabat threatened him and his family. Those are serious accusations.
...Huh. Didn't see the "threatening his family" part... Jeez, he may very well be open to a lawsuit, then.

Then again, the fact that he hadn't been fired already is pretty clear evidence that Chris isn't the dictator he's making him out to be. That may not be something FUNi wants to throw away, unless he really starts pushing it.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:55 pm

Honestly I'm skeptical, but if any of this turns out to be true then Sabat can get wrecked just like Mignogna. Vic Mignogna has already proven to be scum and if anyone else would like to join him in being unemployed that's fine by me. I say it's good to let this dirty laundry air out once and for all.

As for Sean, I have no reason to not believe he didn't make that racist remark at that Resurrection F panel seeing as he's that kind of guy. I didn't think he meant anything bad by it though, and I do believe when he says it was just a joke but he really needs to watch what he says. The dude is kind of a moron honestly.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:11 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:55 pmHonestly I'm skeptical, but if any of this turns out to be true then Sabat can get wrecked just like Mignogna. Vic Mignogna has already proven to be scum and if anyone else would like to join him in being unemployed that's fine by me. I say it's good to let this dirty laundry air out once and for all.
Agreed...

Though I find it doubtful Sabat is the dictator Huber says he is. If he was, how does Huber still have a job? His support for Mignogna has been known for a while.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:43 pm

“I heard rumors thar actresses had been recast for refusing sexual advances”

Yeah that doesn’t pan out. Pretty sure it was confirmed Vollmer either moved out of state or retired from voice acting, they tried to keep Young as Freeza but Young couldn’t do her Freeza voice and keep up with the new ADR process, and Nadolny iirc had to many legal problems for Funimation to deal with.

And Meredith McCoy, not sure why she didn’t reprise her role for Kai but she did reprise her role for Super and the revival movies so there’s that.

I guess it’s not out of the realm of the possibility that Nadolny was recast because she refused Sabat’s advances I don’t want to rule it out (and if its true Sabat can get bent) but its all suspect that Huber “heard rumors” and unless Miss Nadolny comes out and says something I’m not going to take it too seriously.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:47 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:43 pm I guess it’s not out of the realm of the possibility that Nadolny was recast because she refused Sabat’s advances I don’t want to rule it out (and if its true Sabat can get bent) but its all suspect that Huber “heard rumors” and unless Miss Nadolny comes out and says something I’m not going to take it too seriously.
Then there's the question of why Huber took so long to say anything, if what he had to say was truly so important.

The whole thing reeks of desperation & hypocrisy.