Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:24 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 pm Someone explain to me how Chuck could've been recording DBZ Kai in 2007 when it wasn't released in Japan until 2009.
Well, yeah, that too. Huber's affidavit has odd claims like that, and is filled with self-contradictory claims about whether or not he'd heard anything bad about Vic over the years...

So, "pinch of salt" is the way to go, here.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:32 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:24 pm
Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 pm Someone explain to me how Chuck could've been recording DBZ Kai in 2007 when it wasn't released in Japan until 2009.
Well, yeah, that too. Huber's affidavit has odd claims like that, and is filled with self-contradictory claims about whether or not he'd heard anything bad about Vic over the years...

So, "pinch of salt" is the way to go, here.
And chances are that almost no one on the ISWV side will bother acknowledging those contradictions, and will simply accept his word as the undisputed truth. In any case, if Huber is lying, he can expect to be out of a job soon.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:36 pm

Huber must be that desperate to save Dicknogna...
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:39 pm

Here’s a Twitter thread someone made regarding Huber’s affidavit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/visoredaveng ... 1103838208

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:19 pm

Sort of off-topic, but earlier in the thread people were comparing this to the ProJared scandal, and recently I heard there's new evidence that says he's mostly innocent. Then again with him it was mostly an accusation by one person.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:20 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:39 pm Here’s a Twitter thread someone made regarding Huber’s affidavit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/visoredaveng ... 1103838208
I forgot about his public defense of Marchi -- dude's clearly trying to have it both ways yet his transparent defenses for Vic paint a completely different picture. I mean, what can you even say about shit like this?

I don't expect Huber to lose his job -- if anything, I wouldn't be surprised if he cut ties himself given his thinly-veiled animosity towards Sabat -- but I can certainly say my opinion of him's considerably degraded.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:26 pm

When have Jamie and Monica ever been about anything except telling their own stories? At no point were they ever trying to establish some kind of support network for accusers of YEARS past.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:39 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:26 pm When have Jamie and Monica ever been about anything except telling their own stories? At no point were they ever trying to establish some kind of support network for accusers of YEARS past.
As far as context goes, this and "Chris Sabat’s gaslighting of Sean Schemmel/damaging use of his authority toward actors and his attempts to destroy my career," (No. 74 in the affidavit) are the most head-scratching. He dives into fear of "retaliation" from Sabat and fans for speaking out, yet there's no indication of any such thing outside of "argh he said mean things about my friend".

The only thing I can think of is Sabat and co. apparently getting pissy about Todd Haberkorn's association with Beard, but even then...

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:53 pm

This whole "Chris Sabat runs Funimation" narrative is really very entertaining.
Special Beam Cannon!

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:12 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:21 pm
Shaddy wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:50 pm That's still pretty fucking rich coming from freeze peach warriors like beard and Rekieta. Saying "there's sexual content in the shows Funi produced so of course Vic will do something sexual" is no better than saying "video games have violent content so they cause violence".

It's super fucking weird too when they cite something Vic's not even in.
Yeah, about that...

I stand corrected. I just googled "Panty and Stocking dub cast" and didn't see his name.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid excuse.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:19 pm Sort of off-topic, but earlier in the thread people were comparing this to the ProJared scandal, and recently I heard there's new evidence that says he's mostly innocent. Then again with him it was mostly an accusation by one person.
Potentially innocent of being a pedophile, not innocent of abusing his power to solicit sex from fans and send dick pics.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:12 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:21 pm
Shaddy wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:50 pm That's still pretty fucking rich coming from freeze peach warriors like beard and Rekieta. Saying "there's sexual content in the shows Funi produced so of course Vic will do something sexual" is no better than saying "video games have violent content so they cause violence".

It's super fucking weird too when they cite something Vic's not even in.
Yeah, about that...

I stand corrected. I just googled "Panty and Stocking dub cast" and didn't see his name.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid excuse.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:19 pm Sort of off-topic, but earlier in the thread people were comparing this to the ProJared scandal, and recently I heard there's new evidence that says he's mostly innocent. Then again with him it was mostly an accusation by one person.
Potentially innocent of being a pedophile, not innocent of abusing his power to solicit sex from fans and send dick pics.
ProJared seems to have pretty definitively debunked the allegations that he exchanged nudes with minors. He provided receipts that seemed to pretty clearly demonstrate how that wasn’t true. I also don’t think he ever solicited sex from fans. He did readily admit that he exchanged nudes with fans, but to his credit, he did acknowledge that there likely was a power imbalance at play. I’m not saying that ProJared didn’t do sleazy things, but it does seem like people may have been too quick to paint him in as negative a light as possible.

Anyway, I was the one who brought up ProJared all those months ago. My reason for doing so was because I noticed a contrast between how people on YouTube treated the allegations against him, and how they’ve been treating the allegations against Vic Mignogna. In Mignogna’s case, a whole bunch of people on YouTube were quick to rush to his defense. Meanwhile, in ProJared’s case, everyone was making fun of him, unsubscribing to him and disliking his videos, and all the drama channels on YouTube certainly didn’t seem to give him the same benefit of the doubt that Vic Mignogna received.

Of course, now that ProJared appears to have successfully fought off the most serious allegations against him, I’ve seen people in the comments section of his video expressing ISWV views, so I guess Vic and ProJared’s supporters have now crossed over. I also think it’s funny that people seem to be acting like liberals were the only ones who attacked ProJared, even though people like KeemStar and No Bullshit certainly aren’t left leaning,

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:50 pm

I couldn't think of a way to bring ProJared into this conversation that didn't seem hackneyed, but it's worth noting that not a single soul on the internet was standing behind him until he made the response. It doesn't mean that he necessarily vindicated himself - the important part is that he very clearly took aim at cancel culture and/or indirectly the ess-jay-dubyas, and that's the ammo that Vic stans wanted to see. They will never, ever quote the part of the video where he admitted the power imbalance, and they probably wish he hadn't even said it.

As far as ProJared's response itself, the underage sexting thing seems out the window, but he disproved jack shit about what went down with Holly.
Special Beam Cannon!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:50 pm I couldn't think of a way to bring ProJared into this conversation that didn't seem hackneyed, but it's worth noting that not a single soul on the internet was standing behind him until he made the response. It doesn't mean that he necessarily vindicated himself - the important part is that he very clearly took aim at cancel culture and/or indirectly the ess-jay-dubyas, and that's the ammo that Vic stans wanted to see. They will never, ever quote the part of the video where he admitted the power imbalance, and they probably wish he hadn't even said it.

As far as ProJared's response itself, the underage sexting thing seems out the window, but he disproved jack shit about what went down with Holly.
Something to note is that most of these people seemed to be siding with ProJared’s ex-wife at the time. Probably because they saw it as a good opportunity to make fun of a self-proclaimed male feminist.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D3DSp1KSXmk

Just look at the comments section for this video. The same kinds of people who are now on his side seemed to have no problem bashing him just a few months ago, yet they’re now acting like he was the victim of a leftist mob mentality?

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 pm

I don't think I could've found a more perfect example if I tried. Good one.
Special Beam Cannon!

Lord Exor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Lord Exor » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:16 pm

Regardless of whose story we should believe, I think this paints a fairly negative picture of the company as a whole. Clearly it isn't run with any degree of decorum or professionalism.
"My dear friend, how can I make this even more painful for you? I could crush your hands, rip off both of your ears, or maybe I'll just smash in your tiny little cranium. Ehehehehehehehe."
—Frieza

"Alright big guy, whatever turns you on."
—Frieza

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:19 pm

Lord Exor wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:16 pm Regardless of whose story we should believe, I think this paints a fairly negative picture of the company as a whole. Clearly it isn't run with any degree of decorum or professionalism.
Again, because people tell off color jokes?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:30 pm

ABED wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:19 pm
Lord Exor wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:16 pm Regardless of whose story we should believe, I think this paints a fairly negative picture of the company as a whole. Clearly it isn't run with any degree of decorum or professionalism.
Again, because people tell off color jokes?
This is what's killing me, these are fucking OUTTAKES. People bored in booth and doing dumb jokes between takes that were never meant to see the light of day. Where does "professionalism" come into play, exactly? I guarantee the vast majority of productions engage in shenanigans like this.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:08 pm

Oh my God. It was a bunch of voice actors having some fun on their downtime with some dumb kid show they were working on that was just meant to amuse themselves. You’re incredibly naive if you think people don’t take the piss out of their job when they can. I work at a call center and we mock our worst customers off the record all the time. It has nothing to do with professionalism.

Now the quality of season 3 and DB movie 2? That is more about a lack of professionalism than some outtakes.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:20 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:08 pm
Oh my God. It was a bunch of voice actors having some fun on their downtime with some dumb kid show they were working on that was just meant to amuse themselves. You’re incredibly naive if you think people don’t take the piss out of their job when they can. I work at a call center and we mock our worst customers off the record all the time. It has nothing to do with professionalism.

Now the quality of season 3 and DB movie 2? That is more about a lack of professionalism than some outtakes.
Hell, just about anybody's who's worked in a kitchen of some kind will tell you the type of shit that get said there.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:23 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:20 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:08 pm

Hell, just about anybody's who's worked in a kitchen of some kind will tell you the type of shit that get said there.
Same for the VFX industry. If someone looks questionable out of context you know somebody's gonna joke about it to the fullest extent. (then there was the time somebody playblasted an Alita action sequence and put the title character in a hotdog suit)