Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:50 pm

The Vic side's position seems to be that this stuff is worse because all Vic did was make the jelly bean joke, and everything else has been disproven. :roll:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:52 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:50 pm The Vic side's position seems to be that this stuff is worse because all Vic did was make the jelly bean joke, and everything else has been disproven. :roll:
Yes, they all collectively and conveniently forgot this all started because multiple women came forward with testimonies of his inappropriate behavior and not some jelly bean joke thing. And I thought I had a piss poor memory.

It’s really sad.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:12 pm

Talkin' bout he's scared of what Sabat was gonna do to him. Man fuck outta here with that, Huber. The only reason why he took a long time is becuz he was trying to figure out how to make his side compelling. His ass should've either resigned or got fired long ago. I hope the judge dismisses it quickly after they read the sentence about auditioning for Kai in 2007. Bruh, what? :lol:

It's a damn shame too cuz I still love his work as 17!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:28 pm

EXBadguy wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:12 pm Talkin' bout he's scared of what Sabat was gonna do to him. Man fuck outta here with that, Huber. The only reason why he took a long time is becuz he was trying to figure out how to make his side compelling. His ass should've either resigned or got fired long ago. I hope the judge dismisses it quickly after they read the sentence about auditioning for Kai in 2007. Bruh, what? :lol:

I don’t want to give Huber any credibility or leeway but getting the year wrong hardly means anything. Especially for a cast that frequently forgets Dragon Ball as a series came before Z or that the Ocean cast predated most of the roles for Funimation before them.

Again, everything from “I heard rumors” to most of the recast female voice actresses being easily accountable for why they were recast (Nadolny being the only one there’s any fuzzy answers on) it all points to Huber talking out his ass.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:31 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:50 pm The Vic side's position seems to be that this stuff is worse because all Vic did was make the jelly bean joke, and everything else has been disproven. :roll:
i refuse to believe anyone who brings up the jellybean stuff isn't doing it in bad faith/trolling. there's just no way.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:33 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:28 pm Again, everything from “I heard rumors” to most of the recast female voice actresses being easily accountable for why they were recast (Nadolny being the only one there’s any fuzzy answers on) it all points to Huber talking out his ass.
Nadolyny's easy enough, too. She's been in 9 court cases involving Drunk Driving and Property Theft. I imagine that was all fairly hard to schedule around.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:38 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:33 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:28 pm Again, everything from “I heard rumors” to most of the recast female voice actresses being easily accountable for why they were recast (Nadolny being the only one there’s any fuzzy answers on) it all points to Huber talking out his ass.
Nadolyny's easy enough, too. She's been in 9 court cases involving Drunk Driving and Property Theft. I imagine that was all fairly hard to schedule around.
Ah. See I wasn’t sure if that was confirmed or just a suggested possibility in lieu of an actual known reason.

If that’s the case Huber’s got nothing all the replaced female voice actors have been accounted for why they didn’t reprise their roles and it’s got nothing to do with sexual advances.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:02 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:38 pmAh. See I wasn’t sure if that was confirmed or just a suggested possibility in lieu of an actual known reason.

If that’s the case Huber’s got nothing all the replaced female voice actors have been accounted for why they didn’t reprise their roles and it’s got nothing to do with sexual advances.
Yeah. Here you go, in case you're curious: https://public.courtrecords.org/people/ ... adolny+tx/

Note that a lot of those are for the same case.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:06 am

It baffles me that Huber would make claims that can presumably be easily disproven. Unless he’s somehow telling the truth, why would he throw away his career like that? I know Vic Mignogna is his friend, but he’s already acknowledged that the guy’s a lecher. Is it really worth it?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:08 am

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:06 am It baffles me that Huber would make claims that can presumably be easily disproven. Unless he’s somehow telling the truth, why would he throw away his career like that? I know Vic Mignogna is his friend, but he’s already acknowledged that the guy’s a lecher. Is it really worth it?
Well... That's the hard thing...
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:42 am I'm quoting my fiance at this point as she's watched it and I've not (never been that big of a Star Trek fan), but apparently in some of the behind-the-scenes stuff for Star Trek Continues where Chuck plays Bones, he brings up that Vic approached him for his part during a very dark time in Huber's life, where he was apparently even contemplating suicide. If this is all true, then it makes all the more sense why he would be struggling in regards to seeing his 'friend' for what he really is.
I mean, it doesn't excuse foul play, but... As far as motives go, that's about as good as you're gonna get. Would also explain why he's been so wildly inconsistent in whether or not he sides with the victims.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:30 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:28 pm
EXBadguy wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:12 pm Talkin' bout he's scared of what Sabat was gonna do to him. Man fuck outta here with that, Huber. The only reason why he took a long time is becuz he was trying to figure out how to make his side compelling. His ass should've either resigned or got fired long ago. I hope the judge dismisses it quickly after they read the sentence about auditioning for Kai in 2007. Bruh, what? :lol:

I don’t want to give Huber any credibility or leeway but getting the year wrong hardly means anything. Especially for a cast that frequently forgets Dragon Ball as a series came before Z or that the Ocean cast predated most of the roles for Funimation before them.

Again, everything from “I heard rumors” to most of the recast female voice actresses being easily accountable for why they were recast (Nadolny being the only one there’s any fuzzy answers on) it all points to Huber talking out his ass.
If you're going to bring shit up as evidence in court proceedings, you really ought to get dates right at the very least.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:41 am

What did Chuck say about Chris?
And damn, he's working with Vic's lawyer? Shame, really like his Hiei

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:45 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:30 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:28 pm

If you're going to bring shit up as evidence in court proceedings, you really ought to get dates right at the very least.
If you’re trying to bring shit up as evidence but also trying to play it save and try to avoid any lawsuits for slander being fuzzy on your dates and only “hearing rumors” is probably a save “out” I guess Huber figured the correct date isn’t important.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:49 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:02 am
MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:38 pmAh. See I wasn’t sure if that was confirmed or just a suggested possibility in lieu of an actual known reason.

Yeah. Here you go, in case you're curious: https://public.courtrecords.org/people/ ... adolny+tx/

Note that a lot of those are for the same case.
Daaaayum. Naldony a thief and DWI? All news to me. And here I thought she retired from Funimation. Crazy...
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:57 am

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:56 pm I hope this recent fiasco is an indication that this stupid lawsuit is coming to an end soon, and that the reason Rekieta is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at anyone who dared cross Vic is because they’re losing the case. It’s absolutely absurd seeing the depths these people will go to in order to “avenge” a guy who does voices for dubs of Japanese cartoons. Seriously, these people are trying to sink an entire company through potentially illegal means just because someone was fired?

If there’s one thing I’ve taken away from this drama, it’s that the anime fandom is quite possibly the worst in existence. I didn’t care much for anime to begin with, but now I almost feel inclined to boycott the existence of any cartoon or comic that’s from Japan. I’m not going to do that, but it sure does seem enticing right now.
Anime has nothing to do with it. It's a Twitter problem and people being drama whores. Most of these people defending Vic, they probably know jack shit about him to the point where they can't even pronounce his name! These people have tried to rope non anime fans into this whole thing and and like people have noticed they conveniently are using pussy burner accounts.

It's the exact same thing that is happening in football (soccer) people making burner accounts to racially abuse players.

The only way Twitter will fix this is to require identification of some sort before signing up then all these pussy's will suddenly be scared to do or say anything.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:50 am

Verifying identities might scare off trans people that don't want to out themselves...and might keep out people who live in places with names like Scunthrope etc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymwars

Look, I'm all for keeping scumbags from making sockpuppet accounts, but the process might unintentionally block out innocents.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:58 am

Can someone explain to me what this "Jelly Bean" thing I keep hearing about is?

Lord Exor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Lord Exor » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:01 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:08 pm
Lord Exor wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:16 pm Regardless of whose story we should believe, I think this paints a fairly negative picture of the company as a whole. Clearly it isn't run with any degree of decorum or professionalism.
Oh my God. It was a bunch of voice actors having some fun on their downtime with some dumb kid show they were working on that was just meant to amuse themselves. You’re incredibly naive if you think people don’t take the piss out of their job when they can. I work at a call center and we mock our worst customers off the record all the time. It has nothing to do with professionalism.

Now the quality of season 3 and DB movie 2? That is more about a lack of professionalism than some outtakes.
Do you really think I'm referring to the outtakes? Of course not; that stuff is perfectly harmless despite being abundantly juvenile. I thought it would be clear that I'm talking about all of the far more serious allegations being tossed around. Regardless of their veracity, the fact that such allegations are being made at all is fairly revealing when it comes to their workplace culture.
"My dear friend, how can I make this even more painful for you? I could crush your hands, rip off both of your ears, or maybe I'll just smash in your tiny little cranium. Ehehehehehehehe."
—Frieza

"Alright big guy, whatever turns you on."
—Frieza

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:18 pm

Kokonoe wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:58 am Can someone explain to me what this "Jelly Bean" thing I keep hearing about is?
Going to summarize since searching for it leads to a bunch of ISVW vidoes that I'm absolutely not going to click on, but one time when Vic and Monica were at a con, Monica signed a jellybean, then Vic put it in his mouth and made a joke about "eating Monica". This was years after the hotel incident, but Monica still found it creepy and mentioned it when Funimation was investigating the sexual harassment claims against him.

So now, the stans have jumped on this as the reason Vic was fired, all because of this one joke. Because in their minds, every other account and affidavit has been debunked, so it comes down to him being terminated for a joke (I haven't looked to see if there's video of this incident; maybe that's why they believe it's the only thing that can be proven?). And now they want other Funimation actors to also be fired for inappropriate jokes, which is why those outtakes were leaked. Because they're all butthurt that Vic's case is going to be thrown out, so they just want to take shots at anyone they can.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:58 pm

I wonder if anyone from either side has tried contacting people like Stephanie Nadolny and Tiffany Vollmer about those casting couch “rumors”. Obviously, if Chuck Huber is suggesting that actresses were recast for Kai because they refused to have sex with Chris Sabat, those two would be relevant to that.

I also can’t imagine how Colleen Clinkenbeard feels about this. She’s completely stayed out of all this drama so far, but now Huber is indirectly suggesting that she slept with Sabat so that she could play characters like Gohan.