"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:41 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:54 am
MCDaveG wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:51 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:44 pm Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot - Complete Demo SSJ2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoMSbSh32W8
Ah man, the quality of the backgrounds and details of the stage look really really bad. It is like PS2 Remaster and not curren gen :(
Looks decent enough to me. Not every game needs to look like Skyrim Special Edition with 100 graphical mods installed.
But this looks like a cheap franchise effortless output... Backgrounds in Xenoverse look OK for example, but this is so bad.
The fights look like Legends from mobile in HD. I don't like the FX, fighting looks clunky.
I don´t know, I hope this is not the final look as the older Naruto games looked miles better than this :(
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:54 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:41 pmI don´t know, I hope this is not the final look as the older Naruto games looked miles better than this :(
My. Sentiments. Exactly. Naruto UNS series had top notch character models and shading. I don't know how they got this one wrong.

Goku's face... Trunks' face... Freeza's face... and some of the shading/texture decisions are just poor.

Although, there are some visually satisfying elements. Goku's Gi and Piccolo's clothing are shaded very nicely. Some of the cutscenes I've seen have some creative choices I do appreciate.

Particle effects are too much. I didn't like them in Storm 4 either...
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:39 pm

Lmao. I need more footage and info.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:26 pm

So with Tokyo Game Show right around the corner, is it fairly likely we'll get another trailer or some new gameplay footage or the like?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:05 am

So, is the US version actually keeping Kikuchi's music remixes?
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:54 am

Valerius Dover wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:05 am So, is the US version actually keeping Kikuchi's music remixes?
That's what i'm wondering, because the tracks I've heard so far made specifically for the game I'm not a huge fan of
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:30 am

Meh, I prefer games in general to have their own original soundtrack and not pull or remix the ones from their respective TV series, but if I can get used to the Legacy of Goku series using Faulconer's tracks, then there should be no problem with this one.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:09 am

Now people prefer it to have it's own wack ass OST instead of the anime series. These fans I tell ya.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:27 am

Well, XV2 presented the best original soundtrack I've heard (damn, those songs... :clap:). It's only natural people wanting more.

I'm fine either way, as long as it is good and gets me excited.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:34 am

i think for a game that's trying to tell most of Z's story in detail, than yeah they should probably go with something closer to the original score of the show, along with a few new tracks. obviously for fighting games or games like xenoverse, a new soundtrack makes more sense.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:10 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:34 am i think for a game that's trying to tell most of Z's story in detail, than yeah they should probably go with something closer to the original score of the show, along with a few new tracks. obviously for fighting games or games like xenoverse, a new soundtrack makes more sense.
I agree with this fully. I never expected to get Kikuchi in this game, but finding out that we were was a great reveal.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:08 am

Hopefully we get a trailer today or tonight.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:07 am

The release date for the game is January 16, 2020

The pre-order bonus include:
- A training mode which allows to fight projections of a character. More specifically, Bonyu. The former Ginyu Force member Bonyu, who was originally designed by Akira Toriyama.
- A extra story called "A dangerous party with friends". The story is about everyone coming together to celebrate the return of Goku from the planet Yardrat.
- Bento. An edible meat item that increase your stats.

And here's the cover art:
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:20 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:07 am The released date for the game is January 16, 2020

- A training mode which allows to fight projections of a character. More specifically, Bonyu. The former Ginyu Force member Bonyu, who was originally designed by Akira Toriyama.
- A extra story called "A dangerous party with friends". The story is about everyone coming together to celebrate the return of Goku from the planet Yardrat.

Wonder if you can get that extra stuff in dl later. Is pre ordering more expensive? Also, extremely generic cover art.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:29 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:07 am The released date for the game is January 16, 2020

Wait, does Bonyo only appear in this training mode?

Hmmm, wonder what's gonna happen in that extra story. Only thing I can think of that would be worth being a pre-order bonus is a boss fight against a movie villain or somthing.

And my god, that is a boring ass cover.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:37 am

I'm actually fine with the minimally designed cover, it's just that the art itself is kinda generic.

As far as the pre-order stuff goes, glad I've already ordered so I'll get all of it, but huh. Is...an extra mode and a story in the middle of a game something that's usually included in pre-order DLC? Seems a bit weird.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:37 am I'm actually fine with the minimally designed cover, it's just that the art itself is kinda generic.

As far as the pre-order stuff goes, glad I've already ordered so I'll get all of it, but huh. Is...an extra mode and a story in the middle of a game something that's usually included in pre-order DLC? Seems a bit weird.
Yeah, there's plenty of games that include an extra mission as a pre-order bonus.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:08 pm

God, these box arts are getting more dumber and dumber ever since Xenoverse 1. I miss the American and European box arts. THOSE were more creative than the original ones.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:18 pm

EXBadguy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:08 pm God, these box arts are getting more dumber and dumber ever since Xenoverse 1. I miss the American and European box arts. THOSE were more creative than the original ones.
Yeah, the PS2 era especially always had cool boxarts. Made it really 'pop' as opposed to something meh with only 1 or 2 characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Can I pre-order the physical game instead of the digital one? is that possible? I was planning to get the dvd

I'm not crazy about the orange background of the cover. I'd prefer the typical blue sky of the opening, specially with the open world the game is bringing or even the promo black image with just Kakarot on it. Don't hate it either.