Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:56 amThis isn't a strength discussion, thread so back to my point, XGoku (SDBH) ≠ XGoku (Ultimate Mission X)
There's absolutely no reason to explain that, Grand Marshal 1. They are fully aware of it because it was explained multiple times in the Heroes thread. At this point I think people just pretend they don't know or willingly ignores official information for their own "headcanon".
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:21 am

For those of you thinking that Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta have God ki, the big reveal for this Heroes Anniversary was Trunks Xeno getting SSG. The trailer were he was revealed also showed that none of the Xenos knew SSG existed.

So no, the SSJ4 seen in the Heroes anime is not different from the one seem in GT.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:56 amThis isn't a strength discussion, thread so back to my point, XGoku (SDBH) ≠ XGoku (Ultimate Mission X)
There's absolutely no reason to explain that, Grand Marshal 1. They are fully aware of it because it was explained multiple times in the Heroes thread. At this point I think people just pretend they don't know or willingly ignores official information for their own "headcanon".
I think that Kanzenshuu should make a guide to timelines and different counterparts to our characters. That would be useful. I know there are the threads, but like who would care to click back a few pages to get the info? I just thought that I should immediately respond to this false data, to prevent another long discussion as to what is happening and what not.
P O W E R

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:21 am For those of you thinking that Xeno Goku and Xeno Vegeta have God ki, the big reveal for this Heroes Anniversary was Trunks Xeno getting SSG. The trailer were he was revealed also showed that none of the Xenos knew SSG existed.

So no, the SSJ4 seen in the Heroes anime is not different from the one seem in GT.
Ok... I didn't know that. Or I forgot about it.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 pm

So, when is the next ep to be released?

My theory as to what we will get, is a pure Goku ep. Him taking down Ultimate Kamioren with Ultra Instinct Omen and perhaps forcing the Cosmic Seed out of him similarly to how he forced Oren out of Vegeta when he was Oren Vegeta.

Then, Hearts will be thrilled to see the godly power, even though imperfect and will rush to fight Goku who will easily knock him around, unless he choose to power up by the seed himself. Zamasu might get another PTSD. Trunks will say Goku San some times, and will swing his sword at Zamasu for no reason, without ever going SSJ2 Rage. The others will be like : "khkgkgkkggk such power. Hang on. You can do it. Khkgkhkhkhk"

And the cliffhanger will be Goku pushing to MUI. The other universes have been forgotten, Fu will probably watch the fight, Cumber is sleeping, Lagss left the show as fast as she was introduced in it and Cooler is malfunctioning.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 pm So, when is the next ep to be released?

My theory as to what we will get, is a pure Goku ep. Him taking down Ultimate Kamioren with Ultra Instinct Omen and perhaps forcing the Cosmic Seed out of him similarly to how he forced Oren out of Vegeta when he was Oren Vegeta.

Then, Hearts will be thrilled to see the godly power, even though imperfect and will rush to fight Goku who will easily knock him around, unless he choose to power up by the seed himself. Zamasu might get another PTSD. Trunks will say Goku San some times, and will swing his sword at Zamasu for no reason, without ever going SSJ2 Rage. The others will be like : "khkgkgkkggk such power. Hang on. You can do it. Khkgkhkhkhk"

And the cliffhanger will be Goku pushing to MUI. The other universes have been forgotten, Fu will probably watch the fight, Cumber is sleeping, Lagss left the show as fast as she was introduced in it and Cooler is malfunctioning.
The sad thing is that the Zamasu part is probably spot on.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:16 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 pm So, when is the next ep to be released?

As far as I know, we've only been given a vague date of "early September" for the next episode. Maybe that's been updated somewhere, but I haven't seen it yet.

...though with your description, I feel like I've already watched it :lol:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:23 pm

Now having more time to catching up, I'll leave some comments:

Ep. 12

- Always a pleasure to see Piccolo in action again!

- So Meta Coola is strong enough to keep with Cumber, now? Okay... I can say I quite liked how he curbstomped the Saiyan in his golden form.

- Man, this Hearts guy reminds me a lot Android 13 but with more cool and sauce.

Ep. 13

- What an amazing SSJ Blue transformation! Even better than most Super (SSJB) transformation scenes.

- F*ck! What an outstanding animation... Goku vs. Hearts was f*cking great! Never thought I would be excited with this series.

Ep. 14

- So Hearts can use the power of the Seed of the Universe to feed Kamioren? I really, didn't expect for him to do that.

- Another cool Ultra Instinct Omen scene... But it will be another plot device?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 pm

Giant fights. They sucked back then and they suck forever. Dragon Ball just can't do giant fights honestly. It just looks silly when the big guys get hurt but barely move. Either go full ham on it or don't bother I feel. Judo flipping giants is old already. I'm sorry I just never find them interesting in Dragon Ball cause it always looks like hitting a punching bag of massive proportions. The only time it was cool was when Goku wailed on Janemba. When he just sends his ass flying around as a giant and the way his body contorted. That was awesome. As was the finish. Feels like that was the one time fluke.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:33 pm

Standard episode. I was expecting to Zamasu do something but... well, maybe he still can shine in the next episodes.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:47 am

So what now? Game trailers showed MUI vs Hearts, but here Goku is clearly tired now.

This will take a different turn. Maybe another fusion, Gogeta? Vegenks would be great to see too, but no idea if he's got any new card recently to promote.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:45 am

My prediction was on-point but I had it based of the trailers, with MUI VS Hearts being the cliffhanger.

Well MUI happened earlier but we still got the same dialogue "power of Gods" etc. As for Oren and Kamin, yeah they actually killed 2 villains this time. Didn't expect that. But knowing their nature they can very well be alive.

Anyway, Zamasu becomes more mysterious, WHICH I can a ppreciate even if it means that we shall finally get some of him in the final crucial eps of these 2 Arcs.

And of course Ultimate Kamioren was only a way for the Universe Seed to get more power and be complete. Of course Hearts wouldn't be as generous as to give the 2 Tuffles that power for themselves. And now, he is pretty much absorbing it himself, in full power.

Now, I can see him going against MUI Goku, say that the seed only had half the power when given to Kamioren.

OK, it was what I expected with some differences, so no surprise at all.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:41 am

The final scene is interesting. I predict that Zamasu will make his move now. He said "Hearts, so it's finally time for your wish to come true?", and apparently he waited patiently for that moment (he says this in a rather ominous way). I think he wants to backstab Hearts. He's definitely up to something.

The next episode is called "Zamasu vs. Universe 7! The Dream Ends!" by the way, so finally, after like 8 months, Zamasu might be the focus of one episode.
SSJgogeto wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:33 pm Standard episode. I was expecting to Zamasu do something but... well, maybe he still can shine in the next episodes.
He will. And thank God those ugly twins are gone, they took up way too much screentime.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:07 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:41 am The final scene is interesting. I predict that Zamasu will make his move now. He said "Hearts, so it's finally time for your wish to come true?", and apparently he waited patiently for that moment (he says this in a rather ominous way). I think he wants to backstab Hearts. He's definitely up to something.

The next episode is called "Zamasu vs. Universe 7! The Dream Ends!" by the way, so finally, after like 8 months, Zamasu might be the focus of one episode.
SSJgogeto wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:33 pm Standard episode. I was expecting to Zamasu do something but... well, maybe he still can shine in the next episodes.
He will. And thank God those ugly twins are gone, they took up way too much screentime.
Yup, time to see some good stuff with Zamasu.

Tbh, I truly believe that the twins are still alive somehow. Somehow. I mean, Cumber and Laggs are alive.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:14 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:07 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:41 am The final scene is interesting. I predict that Zamasu will make his move now. He said "Hearts, so it's finally time for your wish to come true?", and apparently he waited patiently for that moment (he says this in a rather ominous way). I think he wants to backstab Hearts. He's definitely up to something.

Yup, time to see some good stuff with Zamasu.

Tbh, I truly believe that the twins are still alive somehow. Somehow. I mean, Cumber and Laggs are alive.
To be honest I'm just glad Zamasu is finally getting the spotlight. I didn't think I'd have to wait 8 months and 10 episodes for that, though.

But this is interesting though, we've never seen this "Mecha" Zamasu go all out. Who knows what cool techniques he has. I should probably lower my expectations though, this is Heroes after all.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:09 am

Next episode will feel very downhill considering Kamin & Oren just died and next episode will be focused on Zamasu, but i still wait for next eps to see how will Hearts story end. Also i hope to see more Laggs. Just let them kill Cumber and Zamasu quickly.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:46 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:09 am Next episode will feel very downhill considering Kamin & Oren just died and next episode will be focused on Zamasu, but i still wait for next eps to see how will Hearts story end. Also i hope to see more Laggs. Just let them kill Cumber and Zamasu quickly.
Imo, as much as people hate Cumber, I actually like him and his concept. He was resurrected by Fu, so dying doesn't change much, but I think that he can grow as a character, especially now that he thought that he was the strongest only to be stomped by Vegito, XVegito, Goku, Jiren, Cooler etc.

The siblings were interesting. But overused in the anime, something that forced me to kinda think of them as lame.

Hearts is the new character and thus the most intriguing one. Zamasu is an old enemy that was mysterious and hense, I approve of his return, wanting to know more about his actual plan.

Laggs. She is my waifu, so I am angry towards Heroes (literally all media, game, manga, anime) because they didn't utilize her enough.
P O W E R

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:33 pm

The one thing that absolutely sucked in this episode is that Kamioren died because Goku punched it. Like wtf? They are Neo Machine Mutants, they should easily regenerate from that. Why would their fusion even lost that ability? Not to mention previous form of Kamioren regenerated hole in its body iirc? What kind of logic is that? Infant Baby had no problem to regenerate after being blasted into pieces. It's another dumb thing they did about those characters after Oren being punched out from Vegeta body which also shouldn't be possible.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:36 pm

I don't get whats so special about the crystal girl? She appeared once and beat up on a weakened goku. she doesn't seem like anything special to me. at least the 18 and 17 rip offs got to show off their abilities (even though it was just them exploding) and got some cool fights with the other characters.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:10 pm

Nokra wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:36 pm I don't get whats so special about the crystal girl? She appeared once and beat up on a weakened goku. she doesn't seem like anything special to me. at least the 18 and 17 rip offs got to show off their abilities (even though it was just them exploding) and got some cool fights with the other characters.
I wouldn't say special. For me, a DB viewer, she was something new that I never saw before. Her design and her abilities (even if not much was shown) were different. She wasn't meant to fight with her hands. Damn, imo she is even more original than Moro. I like her look, not the overly grown-up and mature female DB enemy, but more like a teenager (an attribute also shared by Kamin). Even the Kamikaze fireballs didn't look young to me lol.

Her backstory is also intriguing and mysterious. OK, another clishe of extinct races etc, but we don't really know the reason behind that. Not to mention that she presents an entirely new race to the franchise. Why is she loyal to Hearts? Out of all the Core Area Warriors she was the only one to call him "Master" and be respectful towards him.

Zamasu was like "foolish mortal, be thankful that a God assists you", Cumber was like "aye bastard Hearts, I will fight all the strong ones myself. Step in and I will fight you too", the siblings were like "we are going through our teenage years so we listen to you but we are reckless and think that we are the best". He didn't really seem to care about them.

But he did say to Lagss if she trusted him. But that could only be his way of approaching her and sending her to fight Meta Cooler to perish.

Just had this sick idea. Ozotto doesn't exist in the main continuity (neither does Lagss but ok) so imagine if her planet fell victim to Moro's rampage. Could be that her race live for long, or that he just destroyed her planet and she is a prodigy out of them all.

Your thoughts? Anyone from the warriors that interests you more?
P O W E R