The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:46 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:40 pm
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:16 pm

1) I don't think things will be that different King Cold would have been rofl stomp by Mirai Trunks anyway.

2) Here I think the fusion would have been stronger in terms of power

3) I don't know.

4) Now that what if is more interesting that mean Cell could have been a temporary ally to the Z Warrior or he too would have been absorbed too ?

Now I have a what if for you guys, What if the plot of Fusions and Legends are combined ? What sort of story we would have ?
Unfortunately I don't know much about Fusions. Have heard that it is quite interesting, but nothing like Heroes. As for Legends, I haven't completed the story mode yet and truth be told, Legends' story itself could be vastly better than what it is (yet another retelling of some important Z and original DB events).

For me, not mixing Fusion would be enough, given Legends gave off some more interesting story about the ancient Saiyans who are actually a major thing in the game. No idea why we haven't gotten anything about Cumber and Yamoshi yet (in my knowing) when Shallot and Giblet are ancient Saiyans from two different factions (evil and good). What else do we need?

Anyway, it is an interesting what if. For me, adding the two together would bring Fusions story more close to the ground, while also allowing for Legends' story to become something more than another Z storytelling from a different perspective.
Hey Marshal, can I get your perspective on my four What Ifs?
Absolutely! Wasn't sure if Beby had you covered already.

1)That is an interesting what if. Thing is, was King Cold's final form, Freeza's second? Was he hiding his true might? Mecha Freeza was above 100% Final FP Freeza, so if Cold was even at one tenth of that power while in his Second suppression form, then he would hypothetically be able to ascend to a Third one for more than double the power and to a 50% Final for another 20 times boost (3rd Form Freeza's PL was above 1% Final Freeza). Subsequently, he should be 4 times stronger than Mecha Freeza. AT 50% FINAL. Imagine his 100%!

Of course Freeza was more of a mutated being than Cold ever was, so this might not have been the case. Even so training for a month would probably allow for massive gains in strength, just like with Freeza, who again has superior potential, so Cold's growth would be lesser.

Even so, he might have been able to reach that hypothetical realm of power that I talked about before with this training, despite being at his max with the Second Form. Then, things are easy. He would nearly obliterate Trunks, unless Goku arrived in time to assist him. Perhaps Trunks would be forced to explain of his origins faster, given Cold's immense threat as opposed to Mecha Freeza's and Cold's from his own timeline's past.

As such, Vegeta could potentially learn of Trunks being his son earlier and with, let's say, the death (that is totally easy to undo now that Kami is around) of Trunks by Cold, Vegeta would probably go SSJ too. Plan B would be to resurrect Trunks and fight again, but Piccolo would know that more assistance would be needed. And given how Cold was way more of an idealist than Cell, he would probably focus on rebuilding his son's empire fast, perhaps brining Cooler to finally claim the throne.

Trunks is back, Piccolo fuses with Kami and everyone goes for their 1st turn in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Gohan being forced to learn how to go SSJ earlier. Collier arrives and assists his father, but with all their upgraded forms and power, the Z warriors are too much and they finally defeat the Frost Family.

The impending threat of the Androids is death much faster and perhaps Killin never marries 18, as Cell hasn't made himself known to anyone yet and the warriors eliminate her. Cell would either have to wait even longer, especially now that the androids are gone, or he would be defeated. Not much to do by absorbing people secretly.

No SSJ2 for Gohan of course as the Cell games would never happen. Even more time of peace in the Earth, without Goku dying and with Vegeta still training while Gohan studies even more and the others do their stuff. Trunks may leave sooner to battle his androids and defeat Cell.

The Majin Buu arc would probably be less threatening early on, but should Super Buu absorb someone, things would get extra difficult. I actually can see Goku not having SSJ3, as he found the form while training for years in the other world when he was dead. So now he is not dead and thus can't access the form.

Goku could get his potential unlocked by the Elder Kai, should Shin asks from him to pull the Z sword. That, or immediate fusion. Perhaps Buu absorbs everyone and either Gohan or Vegeta stay with Goku. If Gohan is absorbed, Buu is wrecked for good. If Vegeta is absorbed, Gokhan will have an extremely difficult fight. Given that Gotenks is still a thing and the first to achieve SSJ3. Either way, unless the fight ends with victory for the fusion, it would either go to a Spirit Bomb or to the death of Gokhan and the rule of terror of Buu. Until Beerus wakes up (and the Kais are still alive). The SSJG prophecy is still a thing as the Oracle fish would wake him up no matter what.

That's it for this what if.

2)Tbh, I can't see many things with this what if. More power for Piccolo, perhaps something that would challenge Imperfect Cell more, but not kill him. The rest would follow up as before really.

3)I can't say for sure. Perhaps he would retain his Guardian God status. That's the interesting part. He is still in connection with the Eternal Dragon Shenron and the divine Dragon Balls. Wishes can be made and he can fight too. But he would be targeted by Cell the most. I can see the Z fighters fighting more lightly during the Cell Games and of course for Dende not becoming the Guardian. This would affect Super mostly. But I truly have to go in great depth as to what could happen in Super, something that is way too much for anything related to Z. Extra research required from my part.

4)I like this what if. Kinda had it more like 21 is the real thing and while 16,17,18 go rogue, she is in charge of 13,14,15. With your case, I imagine that Cell would probably try and absorb 18 and 17 again, but he would be extra cautious.

My bet is that he would wait for the Z warriors to take her down and then to immediately absorb her. Then they stand no chance. A Super Perfect Overloaded Cell would be OP.
P O W E R

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:38 am

What if Future Trunks came back in time while Freeza was resurrected? I never though of that, but it would be intriguing if the Golden Freeza and Future Trunks arcs converged. I wonder how Black and Freeza would react if they saw each other. Black would hate Freeza because he represents everything evil in mortals, while Freeza would hate Black because he was a God who decided to take the body of a monkey. However, I'd be interested to see if they could make a temporary alliance to defeat their enemies, especially since they both share a great hatred for Trunks.

Also, just going to point out that a Rosé Black and Golden Freeza team-up would be unstoppable. If you add the immortal Future Zamasu in the squad… then the Z fighters would be fucked.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm 1) Instead of trying to find Freeza's broken body parts, What If King Cold trained a month before his arrival on Earth?

2) What If Kami wished himself to be young during the three year gap before the arrival of the Androids?

3) [can be connected to the second question] What If Kami was the dominant body of the Kamiccolo merger?

4) What If Android 21 was the main antagonist of the Android Arc and had 13's powers to absorb 17 and 18's energy reactors and become Super 21?
1. Using DBS genius logic? He would trash both Goku and Trunks SSJ with single punch then go sleep for 3 years, let Cell absorb 17 & 18 and kill Perfect Cell in single punch. Then years later he would hear about Buu's ressurection and be scared but then realizing he trained for a month he would go after him and kill him with single punch.

2. Kami would be younger :D

3. Kamicollo would lose against #17 due to his more soft personality and worse fighting instincts

4. I have no idea how strong #21 is, i don't play fighterz.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:22 pm

What If Piccolo Daimao was released just before the first arc of Dragon Ball?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:22 pm What If Piccolo Daimao was released just before the first arc of Dragon Ball?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:42 pm

// they all get killed by Daiamo or his kin. He destroys the dragon balls. And takes over the planet, eventually is enslaved or killed by Babidi.

What if Goku’s ship was destroyed on the way to earth. And instead, Broly arrived on earth. Without his father. How would things be different?

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Re: General What-If thread

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:59 am So what if Jeice fought Vegeta instead of Recoom? Would things be the same or different?
Same. Jeice seemed to be under the impression that Vegeta should have been no match for him before he knew about Vegeta's near-death strength boost.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:22 pm What If Piccolo Daimao was released just before the first arc of Dragon Ball?
He would rule Earth until Raditz shows up and avenge his brother. I don't think he would use the DB without calling Vegeta and Nappa first but never mentioning the DBs so Freeza doesn't find out. They would show up, become immortal and try to overthrow Freeza, but not ASAP, they might train to become stronger. Eventually they would win.

I might have made Raditz smarter than he actually was.
Berserker1921 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:42 pm // they all get killed by Daiamo or his kin. He destroys the dragon balls. And takes over the planet, eventually is enslaved or killed by Babidi.

What if Goku’s ship was destroyed on the way to earth. And instead, Broly arrived on earth. Without his father. How would things be different?
Broly would be raised by Son Gohan. He seemed to be much calmer than Goku, so maybe after killing Gohan on a full moon, he would go off the radar even more than Goku, until Piccolo Daimaoh shows up. Easily dispose of him, and happily would go with Raditz. He would kill Freeza. Eventually, Vegeta would die by his hand, he wouldn't stand being surpassed like that.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:34 am

GT What If:
What if Goku when he was turned into a kid, it wasn't just physically, but mentally? All of his memories of the franchise's history, from the day he met Bulma all the way up to the present day, completely erased from his head. How would that change GT's story?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:07 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:34 am GT What If:
What if Goku when he was turned into a kid, it wasn't just physically, but mentally? All of his memories of the franchise's history, from the day he met Bulma all the way up to the present day, completely erased from his head. How would that change GT's story?
Sounds like a nice fanfic idea. Popo would probably take him home from the Lookout, since Goku wouldn't even remember the way there himself. Then I feel like his family would be trying bring his memories back to no avail, because that'd be too simple for plot purposes. Vegeta would probably suggest using ordinary DBs, but that wouldn't work because Ultimate Shenron is above the Earth's one in hierarchy and all.

Then, since Goku would still be the MC, I believe he'd still find himself on the space quest. And then he could gradually restore memories through the adventures and each planet he visits. But would Pan and Trunks still be with him? Pan probably, since she is youngest in the family and could relate to him because of their close age. Maybe Gohan would be the spaceship's pilot then since he has a deeper bond with Goku than present Trunks does.

In space, Goku would be naturally much weaker than he was in GT, making the opponents seem tougher. Gohan being rusty and Pan inexperienced would make the villains challenging for these two as well.

They'd also need to teach him what's a bath again.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:17 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:07 am
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:34 am GT What If:
Sounds like a nice fanfic idea. Popo would probably take him home from the Lookout, since Goku wouldn't even remember the way there himself. Then I feel like his family would be trying bring his memories back to no avail, because that'd be too simple for plot purposes. Vegeta would probably suggest using ordinary DBs, but that wouldn't work because Ultimate Shenron is above the Earth's one in hierarchy and all.

Then, since Goku would still be the MC, I believe he'd still find himself on the space quest. And then he could gradually restore memories through the adventures and each planet he visits. But would Pan and Trunks still be with him? Pan probably, since she is youngest in the family and could relate to him because of their close age. Maybe Gohan would be the spaceship's pilot then since he has a deeper bond with Goku than present Trunks does.

In space, Goku would be naturally much weaker than he was in GT, making the opponents seem tougher. Gohan being rusty and Pan inexperienced would make the villains challenging for these two as well.

They'd also need to teach him what's a bath again.
That's a pretty interesting question and a great take too. I think GT would've been much more interesting that way, with Goku regaining his true power as he went along. That would sort of be like DB +DBZ, which I'd love to see.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:25 pm

I've had some what-ifs on the brain.
Several of them are rooted in "Shen" versions of characters, which just means they arbitrarily have strength from a later point in the story. I.e. "Shen Gohan" circa Ginyu fight is Son Gohan post-Freeza. This means Gohan after he recovered from the battle with the Ginyu Force, recovered from the pummeling he received from Freeza, and then recovered from the rest of the fight with Freeza. His strength here is probably close to Piccolo's, but it's inside the body of a 5-year-old who has little battle experience and can easily be tricked by Captain Ginyu into standing still long enough for a body swap. Ginyu-Gohan still suffers the same problem as Ginyu-Goku— using an entirely different ki with an incompatible mind and body— but if he manages to learn how to use Gohan's ki, he could easily overcome even Vegeta and maybe even Goku using a maxed-out kaioken.

Things of that nature.

To indulge in pure power level fantasizing and filler: what if Ginyu kept Bulma's body? Irrationally, despite stronger warriors being around him. Maybe he just takes it as a challenge to turn a soft human woman into a hardened galactic warrior.
It might take some time, but I can see him (her?) managing to bring her (his?) ki up to a respectable level, though maybe not the same heights as he once achieved due to Bulma's human body.

Another one I love considering is what if there were "two" kinds of "Super Saiyan". There's the golden-haired transformation we all know and love: Sūpā Saiyajin. Super Saiyan.
But also something else, something described as "chōsaiyajin", or "super-Saiyan". This isn't a transformation achieved by a Saiyan who has surpassed their limits as much as it is a power increase from a Saiyan who has surpassed their limits. The two are indistinguishable, but "chōsaiyajin" doesn't require any emotional trigger or ki channeling/back tingling. It's like a superior kaioken.
Chōsaiyajin Son Goku vs. Chōsaiyajin Vegeta: it's x2 fight!

Then there's scenarios of blank overwhelming power.

Son Goku and Vegeta fuse into Vegetto against Captain Ginyu and Freeza. What's the strongest attack they can throw that won't turn both into red mists?

If Pan became a Super Saiyan and faced off against Freeza circa Namek, then would she have the overwhelming strength to finish him off, or perhaps even the proper training?
Hell, would she be strong enough to take on Freeza in the post-Super timeline?

If Super is now the canon continuity and GT can be retconned without being retconned, then what's the strongest opponent Super Saiyan God Kid Goku could take?

Chōsaiyajin Goku gets to show off his strength against Captain Ginyu. Will Ginyu listen to Jeice and fetch Freeza to pound the monkey? Because that power level's too high for his scouter to handle.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:12 am

Here's a classic what-if:
What if Son Goku utilized the power of the 7 Chaos Emeralds?
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:46 pm

What if there was another group of Saiyans that survived the destruction of Sadala and settled on a new planet and developed a slightly different culture?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:47 am

What if, instead of the gun she used in the first chapter, Bulma had shot Goku with the laser she built in the Jaco manga?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:46 pm What if there was another group of Saiyans that survived the destruction of Sadala and settled on a new planet and developed a slightly different culture?
Does this culture get detected or stay hidden ?
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:47 am What if, instead of the gun she used in the first chapter, Bulma had shot Goku with the laser she built in the Jaco manga?
I imagine a gag where goku come out of this shot fried like Vile E Coyotte testing ACME dynamite and whilst still burnt starting to yell at Bulma.

What if Tarble was sent to earth like Kakarotto ? Both succeeding to reach earth.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:38 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:46 pm What if there was another group of Saiyans that survived the destruction of Sadala and settled on a new planet and developed a slightly different culture?
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:47 am What if, instead of the gun she used in the first chapter, Bulma had shot Goku with the laser she built in the Jaco manga?
I imagine a gag where goku come out of this shot fried like Vile E Coyotte testing ACME dynamite and whilst still burnt starting to yell at Bulma.

What if Tarble was sent to earth like Kakarotto ? Both succeeding to reach earth.
Stay hidden from the Frieza Force until they gain their own Legendary Saiyan.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:14 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Stay hidden from the Frieza Force until they gain their own Legendary Saiyan.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:19 pm

What if Syn Shenron never got dragon balls back after losing them due to Gogeta's attack and all of dragons returned as good persons to help Goku and others beat Syn Shenron the same way Nuova did?

Would you like such ending? If yes, then would it be better if they killed Syn together or would you prefer Syn to kill them again, then eat the balls and get killed by Spirit Bomb the same way as in original ending?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:21 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:19 pm What if Syn Shenron never got dragon balls back after losing them due to Gogeta's attack and all of dragons returned as good persons to help Goku and others beat Syn Shenron the same way Nuova did?

Would you like such ending? If yes, then would it be better if they killed Syn together or would you prefer Syn to kill them again, then eat the balls and get killed by Spirit Bomb the same way as in original ending?
Apparently, for some reason it has now become a tradition for endgame enemies to be defeated with a Spirit Bomb. That signifies their power and status. Well, Jiren was a special case. And so was Freeza actually.

But the main idea being the Shadow Dragons GT arc was perhaps to follow a Buu saga style of story pacing. Which I can understand to some extent. If the case was what you said, Yi Xing Long should have been presented as a much, much stronger foe than what he was. Make him kinda worthy of fusion of that level, like Broly (who I think that could face SSG Fusion, but it would be a tie and thus Gogeta used Blue).

Because Omega could perhaps go down by a SS3 Gogeta. Anyway, that's me speaking. Either defeat him with fusion but make him a proper opponent to not decrease the stakes, or don't introduce fusion for some justified plot reason (potara can only be used once in a lifetime and the fusion dance isn't allowed to be performed because of the Dragon) and I think it would be as good.

With no much changes. The current thing can work. Proper execution is the answer to everything. It was properly executed. Kinda.
P O W E R