"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:10 am

This is the 6th time MUI Goku has been a SEC card, this is getting out of hand because so far there has only been 10 universe mission sets(and as far as we know it’ll only go up to 11) so that means so far out of over half of the sets out Goku MUI has been a SEC card. I honestly hate to say it but they’re really wasting potential new Characters/ form slots just to recycle the same character over and over again :x

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 pm

When Heroes started, each set was divided in two themes. For example, you had Cell and Bojack and all respective characters. Sometimes on the next set it could be Freeza and Cell, with a re-release of Cell arc characters and maybe add some more. Whatever the case, they would always add new characters or transformations, even if minor.

Lately, they've been reusing the same arcs over and over again, re-releasing the same character cards over and over again with one or two new ones thrown in. It's a lazy effort.

You could argue that they don't have any more arcs to draw from but they could if they wanted to. There are plenty of side and minor characters they could add, not to mention they barely touched the early chapters of Dragon Ball, they only included the Garlic Junior filler arc, didn't go to the 100 year jump of Goku Junior and are still missing transformations for minions.

This is a card game first, with physical cards, which means it's good for collectors. I would believe collectors would appreciate cards with new characters instead of having 124 Goku cards.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:07 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:10 am This is the 6th time MUI Goku has been a SEC card, this is getting out of hand because so far there has only been 10 universe mission sets(and as far as we know it’ll only go up to 11) so that means so far out of over half of the sets out Goku MUI has been a SEC card. I honestly hate to say it but they’re really wasting potential new Characters/ form slots just to recycle the same character over and over again :x
This is exactly what i was referring to, i don't really remember what the SEC's were for this past year of missions yet i knew MUI Goku was in more than once already, like he got plenty of cards already what's the deal??? SEC's were one of the better parts of Heroes because you never knew what could appear on them but now they are even worse that the actual card list of each mission because at least those always bring new characters or forms even if it very few of them.
Grimlock wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:53 am Super Saiyan Pan and Super Saiyan King Vegeta (and another transformation for Goten) is a dead dream now. Must accept.
I wouldn't count King Vegeta just yet as he is coming back very soon, as for Pan and Goten at this point i think the only way if for Super to come back and do a timeskip all the way to GT age.

Wonder how much the Demon Realm saga has left, once is done is everybody but Trunks going back to their timelines like they were supposed to???

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 pm

https://youtu.be/hH_RMZGvgHE New CM featuring the new SEC cards

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:01 am

Turns out, there's SEC4 and SEC5

https://twitter.com/CARDOTAKU_/status/1 ... 96256?s=19

SSJ4 Gogeta and Vegito Xeno.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:14 am

Amazing. Five secret cards and they are all for characters and transformations that already exist.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:15 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:01 am Turns out, there's SEC4 and SEC5

https://twitter.com/CARDOTAKU_/status/1 ... 96256?s=19

SSJ4 Gogeta and Vegito Xeno.
Lmao... so basically the two featured secret cards during the campaign were literally right next to them this entire time? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speaking of overused characters, I swear SS4 Gogeta has been an SEC in at least the 3 previous UVMs. Vegetto seems to be starting to go that way as well.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:32 am

Dragotaker wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:07 pm
S3 Hendrix wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:10 am This is the 6th time MUI Goku has been a SEC card, this is getting out of hand because so far there has only been 10 universe mission sets(and as far as we know it’ll only go up to 11) so that means so far out of over half of the sets out Goku MUI has been a SEC card. I honestly hate to say it but they’re really wasting potential new Characters/ form slots just to recycle the same character over and over again :x
This is exactly what i was referring to, i don't really remember what the SEC's were for this past year of missions yet i knew MUI Goku was in more than once already, like he got plenty of cards already what's the deal??? SEC's were one of the better parts of Heroes because you never knew what could appear on them but now they are even worse that the actual card list of each mission because at least those always bring new characters or forms even if it very few of them.
Grimlock wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:53 am Super Saiyan Pan and Super Saiyan King Vegeta (and another transformation for Goten) is a dead dream now. Must accept.
I wouldn't count King Vegeta just yet as he is coming back very soon, as for Pan and Goten at this point i think the only way if for Super to come back and do a timeskip all the way to GT age.

Wonder how much the Demon Realm saga has left, once is done is everybody but Trunks going back to their timelines like they were supposed to???
UI Goku is extremely popular. It's the same reason we have loads of Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, both GT and Xeno. It's also the same reason why when I played World Missions on the Switch, there are like five Super Saiyan 3 and 3 Super Saiyan 4 Bardock.

That said, UI Goku got a laughably amount of cards. You can literally make two entire team of nothing UI Goku and that's just World Mission which only goes up to UM2 with some free DLC from the other missions.

As for Pan, I'm almost certain now they have some kind of contract that says that she can't go Super Saiyan until official material does it. I mean, they gave Raditz and Nappa Super Saiyan, although strangely not Turles. That and Goten not getting a new transformation makes sense since has Ultimate, so he's like Gohan.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:55 am

Broly Dark's Ultimate Unit attack w/ Demigra & Robel:

https://twitter.com/vongoreblow/status/ ... 0385997824

Broly Dark still getting controlled and played around with by Majins to this day. Is he never going to be his own person with his own motives and goals?
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:32 am

Can someone translate this part? Well, it would be great to get everything translated, but I would like this part ASAP.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:48 am

Rakurai wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:55 am Broly Dark's Ultimate Unit attack w/ Demigra & Robel:

Broly Dark still getting controlled and played around with by Majins to this day. Is he never going to be his own person with his own motives and goals?
Probably not since his own personality was crap and his gimmick of shouting one name got old. I guess they could make him somewhat interesting if they based his personality on Movie 8 instead of Movie 10, but for some reason they like portraying OG Broly as a near mindless brute.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:06 am

HeroR wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:48 am
Rakurai wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:55 am Broly Dark's Ultimate Unit attack w/ Demigra & Robel:

Probably not since his own personality was crap and his gimmick of shouting one name got old. I guess they could make him somewhat interesting if they based his personality on Movie 8 instead of Movie 10, but for some reason they like portraying OG Broly as a near mindless brute.
Come to think of it, even in Heroes, have we ever seen Broly in his Base form? I think that he kinda changed to LSSJ as a default. Looks like that's his Base. Lol
P O W E R

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 pm

Anyone know what's going on here?

https://youtu.be/dvA14Yhd8Cg

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Broly Dark appears to be a complete mindless berserker made wild by having been force-fed Maryoku\Demon Power.
They leave him run wild through the castle hoping he'd take down one Demon God or two.

Time Patrollers somehow punch the brainwashing out of Cronoa.

Unlike what we originally thought it's not Fin(Super Mira absorbed) but Super Mira(Fin absorbed)

Bardack:Xeno starts the fight against King Vegeta:Xeno as SS3, but then finishes it as SS4.
King Vegeta:Xeno calls it the condensation of the oozaru power.
Their fight stops and isn't conclusive, though.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:34 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:12 pm Broly Dark appears to be a complete mindless berserker made wild by having been force-fed Maryoku\Demon Power.
They leave him run wild through the castle hoping he'd take down one Demon God or two.

Time Patrollers somehow punch the brainwashing out of Cronoa.

Unlike what we originally thought it's not Fin(Super Mira absorbed) but Super Mira(Fin absorbed)

Bardack:Xeno starts the fight against King Vegeta:Xeno as SS3, but then finishes it as SS4.
King Vegeta:Xeno calls it the condensation of the oozaru power.
Their fight stops and isn't conclusive, though.
Don't you mean Concentration of the oozaru power? boy....where have we heard that before? ('Broly' 18)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Rage form is Oozaru in human form, not exactly the same as "concentration of Oozaru power". It does establish a connection between the two though.

SS4 appearing in Super is lookingng more and more likely.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:30 pm Rage form is Oozaru in human form, not exactly the same as "concentration of Oozaru power". It does establish a connection between the two though.

SS4 appearing in Super is lookingng more and more likely.
I mean in some promo stuff they put SS4s under the Dragon Ball Super brand

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:35 pm

So... Hearts' "ultimate" form after merging with the Universe Seed is just him on a yellow suit? More DIO jojokes are always welcome, but I was expecting a more drastic redesign after seeing how much Kamioren changed. It's also interesting how Kamin and Oren have only been killed on the anime version.

Nothing too ground-breaking on the Time Patrol stuff, trough I find it kinda funny that Fin is such a failure. First Gogeta controlled his absorption and now Miira absorbs him. He's literally just a walking power-up to others, lol
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:17 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:35 pm So... Hearts' "ultimate" form after merging with the Universe Seed is just him on a yellow suit? More DIO jojokes are always welcome, but I was expecting a more drastic redesign after seeing how much Kamioren changed. It's also interesting how Kamin and Oren have only been killed on the anime version.

Nothing too ground-breaking on the Time Patrol stuff, trough I find it kinda funny that Fin is such a failure. First Gogeta controlled his absorption and now Miira absorbs him. He's literally just a walking power-up to others, lol
wait where'd you see Hearts Ultimate form ???