"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm

I like the cover art.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:11 am

I wish they had used one of those gorgeous promo artworks they did for the game mimicking Toriyama's Saiyan/Namek art style instead of that ugly Kinto'un art.

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:14 am

Vegeta gameplay (badman outfit), free roam and training

https://youtu.be/QVJJBbaA5ks

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:33 am

Uh, interesting. They fixed Goku's boots I'm that Vegeta cutscene (in previous trailers and the Raditz demo he had red lines and brown laces with knots, now he has yellow lines and red laces without knots). This gives me hope they'll give him the correct clothes for the Raditz fight (so that he removes his undershirt, armbands and boots).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:56 pm

The Vegeta gameplay looks fantastic, fishing with a different technique than Goku, Capsule Corp seems much better than in XV2, I dig the speedrun, fighting many enemies at the same time, yes!! I hope we can go SS at any given time after it's unlocked.

I don't enjoy the mutes interactions though, I really wanted cutscenes or something better, but the game looks good enough to make me overlook that.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:21 pm

omegalucas wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:33 am Uh, interesting. They fixed Goku's boots I'm that Vegeta cutscene (in previous trailers and the Raditz demo he had red lines and brown laces with knots, now he has yellow lines and red laces without knots). This gives me hope they'll give him the correct clothes for the Raditz fight (so that he removes his undershirt, armbands and boots).
yeah honestly because they fixed a detail as small as that, i have to imagine they'll get most, if not all, of the character's outfits right for the correct points of the series and all that.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm gladly surprised how alive the cities feel. It's not just buildings and roads with barely anyone around.
Good job!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:44 pm

Actually getting to see more of the populated areas with Vegeta makes me all the more excited for this game. Holy crap, I'm going to have a ton of fun just flying and running around.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:07 pm

There is something so hilarious about seeing Vegeta sprinting around the streets in his Badman shirt while cars beep at him as he passes by.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:14 am

This game looks a hell of a lot more interesting now. Even though the game isn't open world the areas are huge.

So with DB games we now have a 2d fighter, an online heavy arena brawler, and an RPG. I've just been looking at new Pirate warriors gameplay and wondered whether DB will ever get a Musou game, but 4 games on rotation will probably be too many. I'm not a huge lover of those games, but I would like to get some of those style fights in the RPG at times. Maybe not as huge, but fighting a fair few weak opponents would help to sell how strong the main characters are meant to feel compared to the scrubs.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:48 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:14 am Vegeta gameplay (badman outfit), free roam and training

Lots of cool stuff but Vegeta fishing is not really in character.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:06 am

Got to play the game at Madfest. It was the same demo from E3. Really enjoyed it! Flying around feels a little janky so it'll take some getting used to. Combat was pretty straight forward. It feels like a mix of Naruto Storm and Xenoverse combat. I actually enjoyed the combat way more than I thought I would.

The game nails presentation. I love the look of the characters, menus and cutscenes. Love the use of the classic OST. I went out of my way to see things in the hub area that weren't looked at before, like a side mission with Nam and running into classic characters like the Pilaf gang, Lunch, Oolong and Puar.

The game will probably only go up to the Buu arc, but I'm crossing my fingers that they'll cover BoG, 'F' and Broly (I don't mind them skipping the Super arcs to get to Broly). I look forward to playing the full game in January.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:12 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:06 am Got to play the game at Madfest. It was the same demo from E3. Really enjoyed it! Flying around feels a little janky so it'll take some getting used to. Combat was pretty straight forward. It feels like a mix of Naruto Storm and Xenoverse combat. I actually enjoyed the combat way more than I thought I would.

The game nails presentation. I love the look of the characters, menus and cutscenes. Love the use of the classic OST. I went out of my way to see things in the hub area that weren't looked at before, like a side mission with Nam and running into classic characters like the Pilaf gang, Lunch, Oolong and Puar.

The game will probably only go up to the Buu arc, but I'm crossing my fingers that they'll cover BoG, 'F' and Broly (I don't mind them skipping the Super arcs to get to Broly). I look forward to playing the full game in January.
Super will be for a sequel I'm sure. Or a db prequel would be cool.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:33 am

They nailed the DBZ previews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KdH0R0mVbI
sangofe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:48 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:14 am Vegeta gameplay (badman outfit), free roam and training

Adult Goku is the one that it's not in character when fishing. And that's of course after ignoring the logic of how he can plug in his tail like that, in the first place.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:54 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:33 am They nailed the DBZ previews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KdH0R0mVbI
sangofe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:48 am

Adult Goku is the one that it's not in character when fishing. And that's of course after ignoring the logic of how he can plug in his tail like that, in the first place.
It's more in character than vegeta taking out a rod. Don't you remember Goku saying he'd take Gohan fishing? When has Vegeta ever talked about fishing?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:01 pm

sangofe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:54 amDon't you remember Goku saying he'd take Gohan fishing? When has Vegeta ever talked about fishing?
What? So a character needs to talk about something before he can do such thing? :eh:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:01 pm
sangofe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:54 amDon't you remember Goku saying he'd take Gohan fishing? When has Vegeta ever talked about fishing?
What? So a character needs to talk about something before he can do such thing? :eh:
No. But tell me, how do you see Vegeta, especially from that time line, thinking it'd be a good idea to take a fishing rod out to wait and get some fish? What I've been trying to say is that there's many other things they could have made him do that'd fit his character better. I think I've made my point clearly enough so I won't be wasting more time on this matter.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:39 pm

let's be real it's just a game mechanic that all characters can do so there's more stuff to do.
FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:33 am Adult Goku is the one that it's not in character when fishing. And that's of course after ignoring the logic of how he can plug in his tail like that, in the first place.
considering one of the trailers for this game seemed to be emphasizing goku and gohan's relationship during the cell games, and goku tells gohan he's gonna go fishing and the anime adds a scene where he does, i think it makes sense *shrug*.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:39 pm considering one of the trailers for this game seemed to be emphasizing goku and gohan's relationship during the cell games, and goku tells gohan he's gonna go fishing and the anime adds a scene where he does, i think it makes sense *shrug*.
I was talking about the childish behaviour of how he does it in the game. That's something I would expect from kid Goku.
Goku fishing isn't out of character. :lol:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:01 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:06 pm
Soppa Saia People wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:39 pm considering one of the trailers for this game seemed to be emphasizing goku and gohan's relationship during the cell games, and goku tells gohan he's gonna go fishing and the anime adds a scene where he does, i think it makes sense *shrug*.
I was talking about the childish behaviour of how he does it in the game. That's something I would expect from kid Goku.
Goku fishing isn't out of character. :lol:
They wanted a mini game I guess, they didn't want to make it where goku goes swimming and then punches a fish to find it. Fishing mini game much easier route. Yes just pulling a fake tail out is wierd but it's just a nod to his childhood.