"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:18 am

(Sorry for the double post)

I just realized something. I reread Ajay's post and it seems like the people that did say Super may not return this year were ignored over the Filipino staff and VAs.
AnimeAjay wrote:On March 20th, a Shueisha employee from the One Piece department mocked people claiming Super would return in July on their personal Twitter account. However, he was ignored as he has a history of making wild claims. His basis was that it would be too expensive to produce a movie and a new Super series within the same year... despite the fact that that's exactly what happened in 2015, and continues to happen every single year.
AnimeAjay wrote: However a day later, another Toei animator (redacted for privacy) said: "I don't know anything about Dragon Ball Super's continuation, but I'm working on it :wink:"
Norihiro Hayashida wrote:"Nothing is Fixed Now,Toei hasn't came up with anything yet, not anything about arrangements and when will it start.
We are looking forward to it as eagerly as everyone else. There is nothing that we can answer about it right now."
I also recall one or two articles saying Toei had no plans for Dragon Ball at the moment the first two times Super's continuation got leaked.

I'm not saying the VA and the offshore staff aren't trustworthy. I'm saying the producers, directors, and the Japanese staff are more trustworthy. And, despite having a history of being wrong, what that Shueisha guy said makes sense. Maybe it is really expensive and they're trying to keep 2.0 from looking like early Super.

On a side note:
AnimeAjay wrote:- Animators on Stampede mentioned that the movie's schedule is very good, so claims that the movie's schedule affected Super, while not impossible, are probably misguided.
Didn't Yonkou say Super got delayed because of One Piece? twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1145186460426858499
AnimeAjay wrote:- I was told Ryota Nakamura and Masato Mitsuka were on One Piece Stampede back on May 7th. However, Kazuya Karasawa's Twitter bio mentions "NEW WORK IN PREPARATION" for a (still!) unannounced project.
- I was told Yuya Takahashi was on One Piece Stampede back in January - he is serving as an animation supervisor.
- I was told Naoki Tate was on One Piece Stampede on May 31st.
I don't know a lot about these guys but don't they work on Super? One Piece taking Dragon Ball's animators totally makes it seem like 2.0's production was indeed stopped because of One Piece.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:19 pm

So according to Ken Xyro, lol it seem like it coming this year.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm

Why was One Piece taken priority over Dragon Ball? Especially when A. the Broly movie was a success, and B. Super has its own movie coming out
vashter wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:19 pm So according to Ken Xyro, lol it seem like it coming this year.
Is he even trustworthy?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:35 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm Why was One Piece taken priority over Dragon Ball? Especially when A. the Broly movie was a success, and B. Super has its own movie coming out
vashter wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:19 pm So according to Ken Xyro, lol it seem like it coming this year.
Is he even trustworthy?
Lol... I don't know how to answer that for you, unlike Ajay come in here confront the info, Geek on other hand something else, Ken never said anything one bit, keep his mouth shut unlike other 2 spill the beans... for some reason today ken saw something on Instagram unless it a DM who knows what it is, Apparently said it coming this year, take it how you want take this.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:59 pm

It cannot start airing this year, if that's what he's trying to claim. Anime series, like most TV series, almost always follow cours, and the last cour of 2019 begins in October, just three weeks from now. We would already have known about it. If this is about an announcement of some sort, though, then sure, if he says so I guess.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Alruneia wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:59 pm
It cannot start airing this year, if that's what he's trying to claim. Anime series, like most TV series, almost always follow cours, and the last cour of 2019 begins in October, just three weeks from now. We would already have known about it. If this is about an announcement of some sort, though, then sure, if he says so I guess.
one ask "if it allowed, info to the things you're talking about stil this year or next year?"
His answer, "Two of the three things, this year, third one I don't know the timing for it ;)" again he saw something on instagram WHICH probably a direct message privately, take it as you will.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 pm

So he knows absolutely nothing and just posted some vague bs to get clicks. As posted above, October is when it would have to start to come back this year and they would have announced that if it was the case seeing as how it’s September 14th in japan already.

Not to mention this is the guy who used to give those horrible translations during early Super so not sure he’s got credibility

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:17 pm

Considering how even more inconsequential things have become famous for dumber reasons, I'm surprised "Dragon Ball Super Continuation Confirmed" hasn't become a meme yet.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:43 am

never once seen this many SJW in here... for DB good lord.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:17 am

Ah yes, fucking SJWs and their...

*flips through notes*

...speculating on whether a TV show is coming back.

I assume this was for the "dated LGBT representation thread", but it would be stupid and pointless there too.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:38 am

Alruneia wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:59 pm
Vashter, you got it wrong. He said it might be announced in vjump at the end of the year.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:43 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:45 pm So he knows absolutely nothing and just posted some vague bs to get clicks. As posted above, October is when it would have to start to come back this year and they would have announced that if it was the case seeing as how it’s September 14th in japan already.

Not to mention this is the guy who used to give those horrible translations during early Super so not sure he’s got credibility
That's true, although to be fair, he does seem to know a couple people in the industry, considering the prizes and whatnot I've seen he's giving away.
Anyway, even if he actually knows something, I got the feeling he implied some sort of Super-related announcement would come this year, not the actual show. That's just not doable anymore.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:37 am

Shaddy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:17 am Ah yes, fucking SJWs and their...

*flips through notes*

...speculating on whether a TV show is coming back.

I assume this was for the "dated LGBT representation thread", but it would be stupid and pointless there too.
Clearly he means Saiyan Justice Warriors

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:23 am

Big Black Saiyan wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:37 am Clearly he means Saiyan Justice Warriors
Yamoshi was the OGSJW, then. I like it.

But yeah, fuck the fuck off with "oh noez lulz the sjws are ruining dargon ball discussions again", especially when you can't even figure out how to respond to the right thread. And yes, you can quote me on that, please.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:37 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:01 pm Why was One Piece taken priority over Dragon Ball? Especially when A. the Broly movie was a success, and B. Super has its own movie coming out
Well, One Piece is more popular in Japan, it's the anime's 20th anniversary and they wanted to do a complete change in how the anime looks to celebrate. Seems reasonable to me. Also, the Wano arc started and it's gonna be a long one so if they wanted to do changes to the anime the options were 1)doing it now, 2)doing it after it ends (in 2-3 years) or 3) doing it in the middle of the arc which would be awkward. Choosing to do it now which, as I said, coincides with the 20th anniversary AND they have a movie to promote the style change seems like the best option, don't you think?

Anyway, I don't know if they are actually delaying DBS because of the changes with OP but if they are you shouldn't take it as them just choosing OP over DB. Take it as them giving OP the treatment it deserves and realizing they can't do DB justice at the same time so they delay it to avoid having a disaster like the first couple of DBS arcs a few years ago. If delaying the new show gives us better quality it's a good thing.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Because One Piece has been Toei's crown jewel for 20 years while DBS only just came back not to mention OP anime is more popular in japan than DB including DBS. Stampede did significantly better in Japan than Broly did as proof not to mention OP consistently having better ratings than DBS

Plus OP will continue in manga form for atleast 5 more years while DB continuation could end tommorow depending on Toriyama's mood and regardless of what anyone says, it won't sell anywhere near as well without his involvement

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:55 pm

You guys are still taking social media seriously and words like "might" like they got a leg to stand on.

Kouga

Post by Kouga » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:24 am

On november 20th, Dragon Ball turns 35.
If something is announced, that's the date. Stay tuned.
Dragon Ball, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales: no matter how old I get, these three things will always be my greatest passions.
English is not my first language, have mercy! :D

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:53 pm

emi_b7 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:37 pm
Well, One Piece is more popular in Japan, it's the anime's 20th anniversary and they wanted to do a complete change in how the anime looks to celebrate. Seems reasonable to me. Also, the Wano arc started and it's gonna be a long one so if they wanted to do changes to the anime the options were 1)doing it now, 2)doing it after it ends (in 2-3 years) or 3) doing it in the middle of the arc which would be awkward. Choosing to do it now which, as I said, coincides with the 20th anniversary AND they have a movie to promote the style change seems like the best option, don't you think?

Anyway, I don't know if they are actually delaying DBS because of the changes with OP but if they are you shouldn't take it as them just choosing OP over DB. Take it as them giving OP the treatment it deserves and realizing they can't do DB justice at the same time so they delay it to avoid having a disaster like the first couple of DBS arcs a few years ago. If delaying the new show gives us better quality it's a good thing.
Actually, Dragon Ball’s sells has overtaking One Piece’s sells even in Japan.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:31 pm

Yeah Dragonball outperformed One Piece in Japan for the last two years. One Piece has been their #1 anime for decades so the question is if Dragonball could continuing performing that well or drop over time. I don't think it will once Toriyama decides to retire. Toriyama's apparently only writing brief outlines and occasionally needs helps coming up with ideas so I don't know how long that could last.