Character Guide

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:08 pm

if there's any charcter you really dont want to do a bio for, I'm up for the challenge.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:01 pm

dear god in heaven this makes my character bio work look extremely weak XP

very good job EX ^^
-Laserkid

parron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by parron » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:35 am

Oooohh... I wish all bios were half as detailed as these! I'm really getting sick of "Raddiz is Goku's older brother. He died." "Nappa was killed by Vegita. He was really stupid." It's the same all over the internet, too...

Except for here! Yay!

:P Hey, I'd do a bio if asked, since Sun_Wukong also offered. Problem being I only could do one of those huge ones for the "younger cast" of GT... n.n()

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:01 am

Hey here's an idea! Maybe anyone's who's interested can help out and do a bio? It would definitely help out VegEx, I'm sure. He's got so much to do. Ex would have final say of course about whether he felt our bios were sufficient enough. I'd personally love to do Gohan and Piccolo, but I'd be willing to even do any of the minor people. At least that would cut down on Ex's work. :)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:12 am

Thanks for all the offers for help...

But, needless to say, this is stuff I'm going to be doing on my own ^^;;. I really do appreciate the fact that you all want to help out, but this is stuff I get a kick out of doing, myself... plus it really gives me the ability to control HOW it's written and such.

I will definitely need help in future projects, though, so don't let me discourage you from offering to help! :P
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:15 am

That's good to know Ex! Hey guys, we're appreciated! :D

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:39 am

I like the way EX writes anyways, so if he writes them all it will give them all a good flow...

Oh yeah, I noticed in your Nappa bio you don't mention his cameo (and quick execution) in GT. I can tell your not a GT fan, but you did list info on SSJ4 and Super Ozaru.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:17 am

I'm not sure, yet, what I'm going to do with GT stuff. I actually made the small screenie for it ^^;;. I might throw that kind of info into the "Character Analysis" page that will be written for each character (like I kinda half-assed started to do on the Raditz page; check it out).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Commander_Red
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Commander_Red » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:21 pm

So what other characters are you doing then? Any DragonBall ones like Tao Paipai?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:27 pm

I'm gonna try to do every character... maybe pass a few off to Julian, but yeah...

This is obviously a long-term project ^^;;.

I just wrote up Raditz and Nappa because they were both extremely short (1 and 3 volumes, respectively), and because I wanted to start playing around with a layout for the section. Like I said before, I was hand-writing out Goku's bio last semester during my classes to stay awake. It's currently 14 pages, front and back, singled spaced, and it's halfway through the Buu saga (minus Red Ribbon, which I've never seen / read).

It'll all come.. eventually ^^

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:14 am

Is Meri going to do Trunks' bio? I think she should seeing as that's her site's specialty. :)

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:01 am

Yeah that is a good idea. She does have a whole site dedicated to him. ^_^
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:02 am

Hahaha.

I've been asking her for WEEKS, now, to write it. I think she's slowly cracking on it. Yeah, I definitely think it would be appropriate for her to write it :P

Plus, she's already got all the screen-caps taken that I'd need! w00t~!

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:05 am

Yeah I am sure of that.. LOL!

Do you not get on AIM anymore?
Founder/Owner/Webmaster of [|[url=http://www.junk-anime.com/]Junk-Anime.com[/url]|]

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:07 am

I'm hardly ever on my personal AIM name anymore, nevermind "VegettoEX."

With school starting back up, and my taking 18 credits, I'm just so.. uhh... not here, most of the time... that it's pretty pointless for me to keep AIM on. If I need to talk to someone.. well... that's what the cell phone is for :P.

Gary
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gary » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:09 am

Ah I see lol. I understand the whole college thing since this is your last semester and all. Much better idea to keep yourself away from things that could distract you from your school work. Except for the site of course. LOL! :P

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:26 am

I see you changed your avatar from Kakashi to Gon, Gary. Ha ha, another series I like too!

number18
Beyond Newbie

Post by number18 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:59 pm

I REALLY like the way you set up their basic stats, bolded categories and such. It looks really crisp. And I think it goes without saying that I would definitely help you out with info on 18's bio, whenever you get to it, many moons from now. :D

Are there any translations available for Daizenshuu 7? I'd love to get my hands on it, but I just tell myself what's the use if I can't read it? I got this Akira Toriyama exhibition book at AnimeNEXT (think I told you and Meri bout it) that had Japanese text on the right and English on the left. It. Rules.
[size=75]"Are we gonna continue?"
"Of course."
"That's the spirit."

[url=http://www.lovelycyborg.com/]Lovely Cyborg[/url][/size]

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:12 pm

I agree, it couldn't have a better layout. Just work on those pictures already, VegettoEX.

By the way, number18, you're the webmaster of Lovely Cyborg, right? Kickass shrine.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:17 pm

Leave me alone! I'm busy! Working on... uhh... Look, a bird!

Actually, Meri's been working on the (Future) Trunks bio during her non-busy hours at work. It's looking pretty good; I'd say it's about 75% written (at this point, all he does is stand around and get killed).

She's got some pretty bad typos since I last read it.. but... uhh... yeah :P. You get the picture!
number18 wrote:It looks really crisp. And I think it goes without saying that I would definitely help you out with info on 18's bio, whenever you get to it, many moons from now.
Whee! I like this idea. It's different when specific shrine-site-owners want to write a bio on specific characters :P. I'm totally up for that. Saves me work, wahoooooo!