"Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot" Official Discussion Thread

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:06 pm

I’m fine with this game not covering anything from Super or the movies, but I wish it would’ve covered more than just the Z stuff.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:24 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 pm
FortuneSSJ wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 am
Kanassa wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:05 am I don't know why there's a baseball minigame, but fuck it, I'm in!
Most likely a reference to Gohan's high school days and the popular DBS baseball episode.
Didn't yamcha play baseball in a dbz filler too?
Yup, that's when his baseball career started. I think it's even his debut scene in Z.

A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:26 pm

I would like it to include Beerus and Whis as a final boss and maybe conclude the whole Goku journey as SSGod or in training for it, leaving the door open for a sequel to dive into the multiverse and godly powers.

RoF doesn't feel much like Z to me, with Gohan being an idiot, Buu being already out of comission like he would be for the entirety of Super, the children already being treated like well children, etc, so I wouldn't include it but BoG has that Z feeling, with Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan, Buu....

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:48 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:26 pm I would like it to include Beerus and Whis as a final boss and maybe conclude the whole Goku journey as SSGod or in training for it, leaving the door open for a sequel to dive into the multiverse and godly powers.

RoF doesn't feel much like Z to me, with Gohan being an idiot, Buu being already out of comission like he would be for the entirety of Super, the children already being treated like well children, etc, so I wouldn't include it but BoG has that Z feeling, with Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan, Buu....
And those things stop it from 'feeling like z' how?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:13 pm

It would be a shame not to include some of the movies as side quests. Like imagine accidently finding DR. Wheelos ice fortress and it starting that whole story and stuff like that. It'd be real cool.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Kanassa wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:48 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:26 pm I would like it to include Beerus and Whis as a final boss and maybe conclude the whole Goku journey as SSGod or in training for it, leaving the door open for a sequel to dive into the multiverse and godly powers.

And those things stop it from 'feeling like z' how?
lol I was as vague as possible, wasn't I? I meant Gohan being weak and useless, Goten and Trunks being sidelined, and Buu's new last name being "fell asleep". In Z they sort of matter, in Super they really don't.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:37 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:06 pm I’m fine with this game not covering anything from Super or the movies, but I wish it would’ve covered more than just the Z stuff.
Bugging. We need Z movies

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:39 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:03 am Also couldn't help but notice that at one point while flying around, there's a little area (near the fishing pond I believe) where Baba's face and a text box reading something like 'I can see things from the past' pop up. Curious if that's actually something or not too, especially since she's not at her palace there.
I wonder if this would let us play bits and pieces from the early Dragon Ball storyline or if it's just a replay mission mechanic.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Oh, man, playing baseball as Gohan, flying around Satan City as Great Saiyaman and even as the Golden Warrior(in base)... I can hardly wait

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:58 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE6YbTeWwAA ... name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE6YbTdWsAA ... name=small

Thanks to hanfoi on gamefaqs. It is confirmed that Kaioken Goku is playable. Shaping up to be the best DBZ experience ever.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:00 pm

donkeyjack wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:58 pm https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE6YbTeWwAA ... name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EE6YbTdWsAA ... name=small

Thanks to hanfoi on gamefaqs. It is confirmed that Kaioken Goku is playable. Shaping up to be the best DBZ experience ever.
Why wouldn't he be?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:08 am

They even have Gohan's sport outfit. Yet we apparently fight Raditz with the wrong outfit. I don't get it :lol:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:32 pm

omegalucas wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:08 am They even have Gohan's sport outfit. Yet we apparently fight Raditz with the wrong outfit. I don't get it :lol:
That's been my gripe too. All the extra stuff they got all the fanservice in the world, but somehow missed Goku and his removed weights in the first fight...
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:19 pm

Man Xenoverse got y'all expecting that? InB4 Tenkaichi 3.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:28 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:32 pm
omegalucas wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:08 am They even have Gohan's sport outfit. Yet we apparently fight Raditz with the wrong outfit. I don't get it :lol:
That's been my gripe too. All the extra stuff they got all the fanservice in the world, but somehow missed Goku and his removed weights in the first fight...
That and the casual outfits (driving and pre-Cell Games). But I'm sure those are unlockables somewhere.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:15 am

For all we know, part of the season pass could be additional outfits or something too. As far as I know, we've still had next to no details no that save for it being listed on Steam.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:29 am

Damn. No comments or anything?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:38 am

donkeyjack wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:29 am Damn. No comments or anything?
Has anything else been shown? The last trailer was like two weeks ago.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:42 pm

I mean no speculation on what you guys want to see next? We got nothing at TGS just a damn teaser lol.