Dragon Ball and its priority in your life

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Re: Does Dragon Ball takes priority

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:35 pm

Doctor. wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
You can't imagine people that live regular lives discussing a series they like in-depth? That's what people do. My friends go on for too long when discussing series they like, be it through text or in oral conversation.

You don't even need to look any further than Kanzenshuu staff. They contribute a bunch to the community, yet they have regular jobs and romantic relationships.
Oral conversation? Lol
oral
/ˈɔːr(ə)l/
adjective
spoken rather than written; verbal.
I know, I've just seen nobody use it in such a peculiar way.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:31 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote: Oral conversation? Lol
oral
/ˈɔːr(ə)l/
adjective
spoken rather than written; verbal.
I know, I've just seen nobody use it in such a peculiar way.
Neither have I. :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:14 am

I have heard the phrase but its indeed rare. Maybe its more common in Portugal.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi, updating this thread to tell you guys that I got my driver's license in March, and passed through the first year of college.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Why would I let a children's comic serial take priority over my life?
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:21 pm

Personally, I use whatever it is that I love (in this case it's Dragon Ball) as a way of inspiring myself toward accomplishing my real world goals. I took it a bit literally and went into martial arts, but you dont have to! You can apply the "I can overcome anything if I stay positive and keep at it" attitude to improve your life in any area.

Give it a shot! Take your love for DB and apply it to making the other aspects of your life better!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:23 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:13 pm Why would I let a children's comic serial take priority over my life?
Why always that f*cking question? I assume anyone who writes more than 10 lines about the Broly movie is clinically obsessed...

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:29 pm

No.

None of the geeky things I'm into take priority over real life responsibilities.

Because those geeky things don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:03 pm

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:23 am
Why always that f*cking question? I assume anyone who writes more than 10 lines about the Broly movie is clinically obsessed...
that's a bit much, you can like and be really passionate about something but that doesn't mean its taken over your life or anything close to that, which is something i think a lot of people (especially people into nerdy things) struggle with, though maybe i'm projecting because i had that issue as a kid.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:43 pm

Kendamu wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:21 pm Personally, I use whatever it is that I love (in this case it's Dragon Ball) as a way of inspiring myself toward accomplishing my real world goals. I took it a bit literally and went into martial arts, but you dont have to! You can apply the "I can overcome anything if I stay positive and keep at it" attitude to improve your life in any area.

Give it a shot! Take your love for DB and apply it to making the other aspects of your life better!
This response is beautiful. It’s really what I think one should take from Dragon Ball.

But if you have some kind of obsession with the franchise, try to consult a psychologist. It will help you to understand how to deal with it in the right way.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:45 am

No. I love Dragon Ball with all my heart but I'd be a dumb motherfucker to let my life revolve around it.

It did influence certain aspects of my life though.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:47 am

I go to work, I have a driver's license and this very forum is how I met my girlfriend and love of my life, so...I guess not?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:39 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:47 am I go to work, I have a driver's license and this very forum is how I met my girlfriend and love of my life, so...I guess not?
Maybe it isn't a priority to you, but from what you've written, it's certainly an important part of your life (or at least has been).

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:49 pm

I think Julie's more of a general anime fan and that Dragon Ball's just a small slice of that.
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:00 pm

Dragon Ball is a big part of my life and the first Japanese cartoon I knew as being Japanese but I suppose I am more of a general 'fan'? I am definitely big into other franchises and the like. Since realizing I am trans, pansexual and queer I've become interested in consuming and creating media for us so that can sometimes lead me to be more focused elsewhere.

I mean, shit, I have twelve thousand posts here, I do like Dragon Ball, just not as much as my girlfriend. :p
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:11 am

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:00 pm Dragon Ball is a big part of my life and the first Japanese cartoon I knew as being Japanese but I suppose I am more of a general 'fan'? I am definitely big into other franchises and the like. Since realizing I am trans, pansexual and queer I've become interested in consuming and creating media for us so that can sometimes lead me to be more focused elsewhere.

I mean, shit, I have twelve thousand posts here, I do like Dragon Ball, just not as much as my girlfriend. :p
And has been here since January 2006 and still posting, which is quite a feat. :lol:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball and its priority in your life

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:22 am

For a while it did take somewhat of a priority, since I had a steady job and wife encouraged my fandom, I bought all kinds of stuff to please my inner fan. Lasted about 2-3 years :crazy: now I just get the Blu-rays when they come out.

Now that I think about it, I was just an advanced fan :lol: I guess the answer is no then

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:37 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:13 pm Why would I let a children's comic serial take priority over my life?
Maybe they just manage time better than you?

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball and its priority in your life

Post by omegacwa » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:04 pm

Dragon Ball never "takes priority" in my life, but I go through phases where I'm more interested in it. Currently it seems like I'm heading into a bit of a lull period. Other than the Manga and picking up the occasional figure or toy I'm not that active. There just isn't that much to talk about right now.

After seeing Joker, and the all new Batman with Robert Pattinson (an actor I actually really like) on the horizon my Batman fandom is moving up and Dragon Ball is moving down. Batman being my all time favorite superhero/comic character.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Majin Jator wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:37 am
Maybe they just manage time better than you?
Maybe they're just crazy and obsessed?