Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:21 pm

excelhedge wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:06 pm rather hear the turth and Vic lose than stuff just being thrown out
That is Vic "losing". The judge was constantly giving Ty chances to prove it had merit, and Ty failed.

If Ty wasn't going to take it seriously, why should Chupp?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:24 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:21 pm
excelhedge wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:06 pm rather hear the turth and Vic lose than stuff just being thrown out
That is Vic "losing". The judge was constantly giving Ty chances to prove it had merit, and Ty failed.

by asking for context constantly when it's pretty obvious obvious from some of the materials that what the context was

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:43 pm

excelhedge wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:24 pm by asking for context constantly when it's pretty obvious obvious from some of the materials that what the context was
Well, firstly, you have the transcript, right?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:53 pm

What "context" are we even referring to here? Ty utterly failed to introduce any relevant evidence, as one can infer merely by reading the transcript.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:03 pm

excelhedge wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:24 pm
Fionordequester wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:21 pm

by asking for context constantly when it's pretty obvious obvious from some of the materials that what the context was
Context of what? That Vic's predatory tactics became an open secret in the con scene as early as 2008? That accounts of his actions go all the way back to the 1980s? That there are so many independent accounts of him being inappropriate toward women that it couldn't possibly be a conspiracy?

If Ty has no compelling evidence that women over the past 35 years or so have been coming together to get him fired from a career he wasn't in yet because they're jealous that hes played a character that hadn't been created yet, then theres no point in taking it to trial.

You know that his preference for young girls means that many of them weren't even born yet when they all came together to form this conspiracy, right?

This whole thing has just been a tactic for Vic to scare his victims, especially the ones who aren't in a financially privileged position, into silence by bankrupting them through frivolous lawsuits.

Please consider stepping back and approaching this from another angle.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:04 am

Pro Tip: Never put more effort into your post than the other guy's putting in. If he types 3 sentences, you type 3 sentences. If he types a paragraph, you type a paragraph. If it's just one sentence, try to summarize your point in 1 sentence, too.

This is how you preserve energy, the way I did across those two conservation I posted. It's not jaded, it's just pragmatic.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:27 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:04 am Pro Tip: Never put more effort into your post than the other guy's putting in. If he types 3 sentences, you type 3 sentences. If he types a paragraph, you type a paragraph. If it's just one sentence, try to summarize your point in 1 sentence, too.

This is how you preserve energy, the way I did across those two conservation I posted. It's not jaded, it's just pragmatic.
Sort of the inverse Kunzait rule, amirite???

(no hate on Kunzait intended, love his insight)

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:27 am

KBABZ wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:27 am Sort of the inverse Kunzait rule, amirite???

(no hate on Kunzait intended, love his insight)
Basically.

It's better for both you & the person you're debating. Stuff flies over people's heads even when they're paying, and you yourself don't have an unlimited attention span.

Lots of words are a waste of energy, unless the other person's invested enough to read it all :P .

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:44 am

Fionordequester wrote:

Context of what? That Vic's predatory tactics became an open secret in the con scene as early as 2008? That accounts of his actions go all the way back to the 1980s? That there are so many independent accounts of him being inappropriate toward women that it couldn't possibly be a conspiracy?
here we go again with open secret nonsense. Seriously if this was so out in the Open it wouldn't take to 30 years do something. A low grade Actor/VA doesn't have that kinda pull.
Fionordequester wrote: If Ty has no compelling evidence that women over the past 35 years or so have been coming together to get him fired from a career he wasn't in yet because they're jealous that hes played a character that hadn't been created yet, then theres no point in taking it to trial.

yes tired old anonymous accounts that don't have any actual people or evidence to back them up. don't believe every "account" you read online. especially if they don't have the ovaries to testify in court.

again Vic's a low grade actor that doesn't have the kind of pull or the power to do 35 years of scare tactics on all these "supposed women"
Fionordequester wrote: You know that his preference for young girls means that many of them weren't even born yet when they all came together to form this conspiracy, right?

This whole thing has just been a tactic for Vic to scare his victims, especially the ones who aren't in a financially privileged position, into silence by bankrupting them through frivolous lawsuits.

scare? with what? it's pretty much clear from most involved that it's Sabbat's clique that runs things in Funimation not Vic. If Vic had as much power to do scare tactics as you claim he would have a lot more people backing him besides his fangirls. Also Lawsuits? dude couldn't even pay for this current lawsuit why threaten someone when he would go broke himself?
Fionordequester wrote: Please consider stepping back and approaching this from another angle.
please consider the same.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:12 am

Dude

fucking

Vic is the plaintiff. This is a defamation case.

No one took Vic to court specifically because there wasn't any way to prove the allegations. He's not on trial for sexual misconduct. His accusers are on trial for lying, and Ty has zero evidence that they are doing so.

Jesus Christ.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:01 pm

oh look it's cursed lemon no doubt to hurl insults.

yep. and still being stupid and not reading anything before hand

no shit vic is the plantiff idiot and we known this is a defamation case for months.

but thanks for finally admitting that anonymous accounts with no actual people behind them is not proof. XP

still a shame we won"t get actual facts if the judge keeps dismissing parts of the case. Ty's incompetence/ poor planning/ mishandling really botched this.

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:52 pm

vic supporters will now use "b-b-ad judge!!" as their evidence, huh? Really pathetic. Who'll be the next target for you to blame? The security guards?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:43 pm

excelhedge wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:01 pm but thanks for finally admitting that anonymous accounts with no actual people behind them is not proof. XP

still a shame we won"t get actual facts if the judge keeps dismissing parts of the case. Ty's incompetence/ poor planning/ mishandling really botched this.
So what you're saying is that you won't believe the allegations unless there's some overly-specific physical or video evidence, and that dozens upon dozens of allegations are completely unfounded and made up unless something meeting your standards of "proof" is met. That is the message I'm getting from this. That truth itself is a democracy, and if there's nothing meeting your tunnel-vision idea of evidence, then thinking it's all a super-secret social justice cabal conspiracy by the jews is as valid an answer as "this notoriously hard to prove thing has like a hundred unrelated people talking about this one guy and there's nothing to gain from them lying about it". Whether this is what you believe or not, this is the belief you're defending, and it's super fucking dumb, my dude. The obvious victim-blaming and repeating wrong information pushed by Vic's shitty legal team doesn't help.

But that's ignoring the more obvious origin, which is that "Vic is innocent" is the starting point for you people. You come to the conclusion you want to be true first, and then scrounge for any loophole, any clause or reason to doubt things, any reason whatsoever that you can say that this fantasy world of yours is real, and that you haven't done anything wrong for trying to live in it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Did you ever consider the reason that so many accusations are anonymous is because if the victims identify themselves, they will be harassed, stalked, and threatened?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:24 pm

TIL "Dude" is an insult

But here, let me use an actual insult.
excelhedge wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:01 pm still a shame we won"t get actual facts if the judge keeps dismissing parts of the case.
You're an idiot. We won't get the "facts" you're looking for because that's not what is going to get looked at in a defamation case, which for all your bluster you apparently have no idea what this means.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:40 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:24 pm TIL "Dude" is an insult
I don't think he meant it as one. I mean, Excel isn't an angel, but I don't think he's actively malicious?

He kind of confuses me, tbh.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:27 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:40 pm
Cursed Lemon wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:24 pm TIL "Dude" is an insult
I don't think he meant it as one. I mean, Excel isn't an angel, but I don't think he's actively malicious?

He kind of confuses me, tbh.
No, excel accused Lemon of coming in to insult him, when all Lemon called excel is "dude". So, it's just excel being overly defensive against people not buying his bullshit.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Ah... I see. Tbf, I think the quote was "he's come to insult me again", or something like that. Not that Lemon HAD insulted him, just that he was GOING to. At least, that's how I read it.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:05 pm

You guys need to stop giving these guys the benefit of the doubt. They don’t give a shit about you or what you have to say.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:37 pm

MajinMan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:05 pm You guys need to stop giving these guys the benefit of the doubt. They don’t give a shit about you or what you have to say.
That's the thing, though. There's a very small percentage of them that do care... And even those need a few hours of civil back & forth till they decide if they want to reconsider.

So, it's a paradox. "Do I want to bend over backwards for that small group? Or is that more trouble than it's worth?" of how much work you want to put for the small min

Me, wide-eyed Christian man that I am... Well, it's also interesting to me, so I'm game. That's me, personally.