"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:53 pm

I don't play this game that much nowadays, but I have to say, they knocked it out of the park with Gogeta.

Also, I think it's funny how Gogeta asks Beerus if he was holding-back in his win quote. Beerus also has two different win quotes. In one, he says the Fusion has gone to their heads and that they're still no match for him. In the other, he says Gogeta made him feel a bit exhausted.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:06 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:53 pm I don't play this game that much nowadays, but I have to say, they knocked it out of the park with Gogeta.

Also, I think it's funny how Gogeta asks Beerus if he was holding-back in his win quote. Beerus also has two different win quotes. In one, he says the Fusion has gone to their heads and that they're still no match for him. In the other, he says Gogeta made him feel a bit exhausted.
These don't matter much anyway.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Starting this October FighterZ will introduce a free trial campain which will allow you to play certain DLC characters for free during a certain time period.

The first two free DLC characters will be base Goku and Vegeta, availables on October 12. November 2nd will bring (Fused) Zamasu and Cooler.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Kinda annoyed that Gogeta has a different hair color that the rest of the SSBs in the game. But I'm way more curious about if he has any special dialogue with Fused Zamasu or Z Broly.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:41 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:20 pm Kinda annoyed that Gogeta has a different hair color that the rest of the SSBs in the game. But I'm way more curious about if he has any special dialogue with Fused Zamasu or Z Broly.
I can see how you find that annoying but I greatly prefer Gogeta's kind of blue. I even wish the other blues had this shade of blue.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:50 am

Jord wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:41 am
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:20 pm Kinda annoyed that Gogeta has a different hair color that the rest of the SSBs in the game. But I'm way more curious about if he has any special dialogue with Fused Zamasu or Z Broly.
I can see how you find that annoying but I greatly prefer Gogeta's kind of blue. I even wish the other blues had this shade of blue.
Oh don't get me wrong, I prefer the darker blue and I would love Vegetto to have it in the game as well, and Goku/Vegeta too if they change Vegeta's outfit color. It's just so weird to see such a big difference between them when they are on the screen at the same time.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:20 am

So, latest leaks and stuff all but confirm a Season 3 DLC which may have 5-6 characters. What are your hopes and your estimations?

Hoping we'll get:
Roshi
Gero
God Toppo
Dabura
Caulifla
Moro

Estimating we'll get:
UI Goku
Raditz
Kefla
Kabba
Dabura
Moro

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:15 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:20 am So, latest leaks and stuff all but confirm a Season 3 DLC which may have 5-6 characters. What are your hopes and your estimations?
Kid Gohan
Dragonball Era Tenshinhan
Omega Shenron
Spike the Devilman
Pan

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:52 am

Last time I checked people kept saying 4, when did it turn 5-6 again?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:55 am

mute_proxy wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:52 am Last time I checked people kept saying 4, when did it turn 5-6 again?
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/sep ... -fighterz/

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:28 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:55 am
mute_proxy wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:52 am Last time I checked people kept saying 4, when did it turn 5-6 again?
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/sep ... -fighterz/
That's the stuff everyone's been talking about, and there were only 4 place holder titles found

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:34 am

remembering the previous season. :think:
3 characters of Super = Broly, Gogeta and Jiren
1 character of Z = Videl
1 character from the movies = Janemba
1 GT character = Goku

if I had to make predictions of the following characters ... :think:

2 characters of Super = Caulifla / kefla and Goku UI
1 character of Z = Dabura or Raditz
1 movie character = Bojack / Bojack Team

but if they do not include character from the movies ..
1 GT character = Omega shenron

or

1 DB OG character = Master Roshi

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:44 am

i'd really like for kid gohan and kame'sennin to make the cut but i kinda doubt either makes it, i don't think they'll focus as much on super as they did with the last season but still. maybe with kakarrot coming out and that (most likely) being a Z game they focus more so on the Z cast they missed but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:02 am

My wish list/guess would be:

Kefla;
ToP master Roshi;

Omega Shenron;
GT Pan maybe? Can't think of any other protagonist worthy of inclusion that isn't just another version of existing characters :think:

I don't think they'll include any more Z movie characters, I think Cooler, Broly and Janemba were the only 'necessary' inclusions

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:46 am

Season 3 prediction:
  • Goku (Ultra Instinct) - Don't really want him but it's another form for Goku so it's inevitable.
  • Master Roshi - The OG of OGs and definitely a good opportunity for ArcSystem to practice with more mechanically unique characters.
  • Raditz / Dabura - The forgotten secondary villains. Leaning more towards Raditz due to his importance in jump starting the story of Z.
  • Kefla - Female, Super Saiyan, and high in demand. She also combines 2 (Caulifla and Kale) into 1.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:06 pm

I've said it before in this topic, but if they add 4 more characters and Roshi isn't one of them then arcsys has no idea what they are doing. Roshi has been one of the most requested characters, even back when DLC was first announced.

It's simple

1. Roshi
2. Toppo
3. Kefla
4. Whoever (UI Goku, Raditz, Dabura, 'GT Villain', Cabba, Ribrianne, all acceptable)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:09 am

I think that the game is already overpopulated a little... Jiren and Videl was a nice touch but now with 4 more characters (with Broly not yet released), the roster is already huuuuuge for a fighting game of this format.

So, getting two new extra characters MAX, would be nice, but in my opinion not neccesary gameplay wise.
Personally, I think that Broly will be the last and if there will be FighterZ 2, I wonder how they will adress roster this huge + adding characters...

BTW. Gogeta is BEAST, have him in my P2P team and damn, he really is an asshole if handled right...
My team is complete with Gogeta, No. 17 and Vegetto... less skilled people rage quit and when you break trough the defense of experienced player, the scales tip really fast.

I like how this game is different from Guilty Gear, where you can defeat opponent trough endless combo if you time it right,
in FighterZ, the gameplay is batshit crazy!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Unlikely but do you think there will be more story DLC?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:32 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm Unlikely but do you think there will be more story DLC?
I don't think so but I would have liked that .... especially for interaction with new characters

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:13 am

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:32 pm
TobyS wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm Unlikely but do you think there will be more story DLC?
I don't think so but I would have liked that .... especially for interaction with new characters
Yeah that Jump game unexpectedly got some, and we all are assuming the last xenoverse one will. I just want more DB stories I guess.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.