"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:47 pm

The S wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:46 am
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:21 pm For pushing Freeza so hard, at least they could've given us Cooler's Kikosentai.
For reals.

I also just realized Chaozu's not playable yet. I mean we've got Saibamen, Guldo, and Cell Jr.s so a smol character shouldn't be hard.
I'm also finding out reading your post lol, we have like 5 different Appule, Chaozu really needs a new agent.

Anyway, anybody knows if there's a date for ULTRA PACK 2 release? not until november probably?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:43 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:47 pm
The S wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:46 am
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:21 pm For pushing Freeza so hard, at least they could've given us Cooler's Kikosentai.
For reals.

I also just realized Chaozu's not playable yet. I mean we've got Saibamen, Guldo, and Cell Jr.s so a smol character shouldn't be hard.
I'm also finding out reading your post lol, we have like 5 different Appule, Chaozu really needs a new agent.

Anyway, anybody knows if there's a date for ULTRA PACK 2 release? not until november probably?
Haven't heard anything either. Only rumors as to what will be in said pack. Of which, not sure if I'm excited or not for, depending.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Speaking of DLC 10, there's a lot of stuff I wanna see from this DLC. Those being...

Characters
Caulifla (Base-SSJ-SSJ2) [Y'all know I had to include this one. Where's my girl at, Dimps?]
Kale (SSJ Berserk)
Toppo (Base-G.O.D.)
Dyspo

Awoken Skills
God of Destruction form for all CaCs
Either SSJ4 or SSG for Saiyans

New Equipments
Caulifla's outfit
Kale's outfit
Vegeta's Battle Armor (Cell Saga, Super) [I still don't understand why it's still not available for CaCs]

New Mentor
Caulifla

New Story Mode
The Tournament of Power Arc
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:49 pm

We've gone so long without any new story content. I don't know why they decided to drop the usual pattern of releasing story DLCs in each even numbered DLC. That was the stuff that kept bringing me back. I barely ever play any characters other than my CaC.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:15 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:49 pm We've gone so long without any new story content. I don't know why they decided to drop the usual pattern of releasing story DLCs in each even numbered DLC. That was the stuff that kept bringing me back. I barely ever play any characters other than my CaC.
The updates to the mentors make them pretty fun, and viable on high level PQs. Fat Buu (custom) is fun to just turn everyone into cookies and eat them while having a massive amount of health.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:43 pm

What do you all think? Are there multiple towas like there are Dabras or only one like there's only one demigra. If the latter how did she avoid getting duplicated without being in the crack of time? Is being in the distant future enough ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbxv/comments/ ... y_one_towa
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 pm

The Story DLC's don't even contain much to begin with. It's literally 2-3 missions that skip the majority of the arcs story anyway and not enough character models to even do the ToP Arc, unless you love the PC version and are using mods. If people want to know why content is being stalled, you could look at all that's going on between Toei and Funimation, and between Funi and Vic Mignogna and that whole clustertruck.

Harder to get Voice Actors to do the lines when Funi can't supply them while Toei is reprimanding them and threatening to take away their license to DB content. Funi's in a tight spot and that means the games are also in a tight spot, because it'd mean trying to find another studio to replace the Voice Actors and with so many being iconic, that's extremely troublesome. And there's no way to ignore this.

We could have to deal with only subbed content in the future if these companies can't get their shit together.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Zelvin wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 pm If people want to know why content is being stalled, you could look at all that's going on between Toei and Funimation, and between Funi and Vic Mignogna and that whole clustertruck.

Harder to get Voice Actors to do the lines when Funi can't supply them while Toei is reprimanding them and threatening to take away their license to DB content. Funi's in a tight spot and that means the games are also in a tight spot, because it'd mean trying to find another studio to replace the Voice Actors and with so many being iconic, that's extremely troublesome.
This is the quintessential example of "citation needed". (Like, every single sentence there!) Please reevaluate where it is you're getting your news and analysis from!

It ain't slowing down FighterZ DLC, it ain't slowing down Kakarot development, and it ain't slowing down Xenoverse 2 content. The far simpler, and therefore more likely, explanation is: they don't have to. People are clearly still buying enough of the XV2 content as-is for them to justify putting it out as-is. Standard ROI analysis going on here with the content they're putting out, combined with keeping that XV2 heart rate monitor beeping for as long as possible.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Yeah, no. Vic is an English voice actor. Xenoverse 2 is a Japanese game with English translation. They're not going to halt DLC because they need an English voice actor. Nor do I think TOEI gives a fudge about Vic.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 pm

Zelvin wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 pm The Story DLC's don't even contain much to begin with. It's literally 2-3 missions that skip the majority of the arcs story anyway and not enough character models to even do the ToP Arc, unless you love the PC version and are using mods. If people want to know why content is being stalled, you could look at all that's going on between Toei and Funimation, and between Funi and Vic Mignogna and that whole clustertruck.

Harder to get Voice Actors to do the lines when Funi can't supply them while Toei is reprimanding them and threatening to take away their license to DB content. Funi's in a tight spot and that means the games are also in a tight spot, because it'd mean trying to find another studio to replace the Voice Actors and with so many being iconic, that's extremely troublesome. And there's no way to ignore this.

We could have to deal with only subbed content in the future if these companies can't get their shit together.
Bruh. If Toei were gonna rip the license from FUNi, they'd've done it by now. FUNi has made a lot of mistakes already with the DB brand, but none too serious to really warrant that. None of the controversies really happened because of FUNi either. Vic got called out for being creepy & a cheater on his fiance, then the leaks were from almost 2 decades ago & were clearly the actors just screwing around with the equipment. Nothing really major. No one was really hurt with that last one either, so they're just gonna keep going despite these things. Everyone's really just blowing things out of proportion with these.
ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 pm Yeah, no. Vic is an English voice actor. Xenoverse 2 is a Japanese game with English translation. They're not going to halt DLC because they need an English voice actor. Nor do I think TOEI gives a fudge about Vic.
I mean, yeah, but with Vic being fired from FUNi kind puts a wrench in that. Considering he voiced Broly, there's a lot of work that'll need to go into future stuff. Mainly with finding a voice double for the character.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:43 pm

Oh my God, can we not talk about the Vic madness here?! It's already getting too insane recently, so let's leave it out of this thread, and just talk about a fun, but milked out video game! Okay? We good here? Cool!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:01 pm

We have two more characters for the next DLC

I read somewhere that Omen Goku is a given. Although I would enjoy that, we already have a UI Goku, the best one.

The two spots have to be for:

Broly (ikari-ss)
Toppo(base-GoD)
Dyspo
Kale (SS-LSS)
Caulifla(base-SS2)
And Omen Goku, I guess?

I really want another Broly, anyone for the remaining spot will be ok for me

I really hope they don't give us just one iteration of a character, like having just Ikari Broly and not being able to go SS, or just Base Toppo or only Hakaishin Toppo. That wouldn't be nice.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:01 pmI really hope they don't give us just one iteration of a character, like having just Ikari Broly and not being able to go SS, or just Base Toppo or only Hakaishin Toppo. That wouldn't be nice.
Prepare to be disappointed. lol

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:26 am

Give me Monster Carrot. And only me. 1 hit KO, auto win.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:02 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:26 am Give me Monster Carrot. And only me. 1 hit KO, auto win.
Pow! Bam! Straight to the moon!
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Scsigs wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:02 am
Jackalope89 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:26 am Give me Monster Carrot. And only me. 1 hit KO, auto win.
Pow! Bam! Straight to the moon!
Oh no! My one weakness!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:42 am

I am not a fan of Ribrianne as a character, but in this game, damn she is good... and actually interesting.
She is the biggest fun out of the DLC pack and overall. Movie Broly was pretty bad and meh and two new God Vegetas, I like God Vegeta kinda, but not the Evolved one.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:13 pm

After years of research, it has been finally found. Audio Network - Day of Reckoning is the epic soundtrack that played during the Dragon Ball Super DLC Pack 2 trailer, making it one of the best (if not the best for a Dragon Ball product) trailers ever!

Damn I wish the other DLC trailers to be like that one. :(
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:25 am

If there's story for the last pack what do you think it'll include?

If it's the ToP it'd be weird with so few characters, and no unruined top map. Obviously you'd replace the non flying Roshi in the team.

If they have you jump in at at the end that'd be weird the zenos accept that even if they think it's cool.

Perhaps zeno threatens to erase time nest as well so you get a team of 10 time patrollers. That'd be sick.

If it's not that it could be Broly, but really there's only a handful off battles there, and it's already been kinda done in pqs like RoF in XV1.

What about XV3 depending on when they start respective developments it'd struggle to get much content out of 2uper.

I suspect we get a filled out ToP there, Moro and then there must be more with Fuu, There's also Bardocks loose end as well.

If they don't get us to play all of Z, perhaps this time with missing Cell, Buu and Freeza forms, (maybe some movies) combined with the above and stretch that out to a whole game then....

I suspect we'll have to get some heroes type content as there's 2 running stories there
to mine.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:06 pm

I think we should get a ToP arc, because DBS: Broly has no story at all, at least from a game point of view. Maybe aid MUI Goku against Jiren that is now even stronger and him winning would end with all the universes erased due to his selfish wish. Or bring in Broly for the ToP.

Frankly, I feel this game is dead and has been dead for a while now, so I don't expect any story mode whatsoever, actually I'm wondering when will the next DLC be released that probably will leave me unfulfilled. I can't even raise my hopes up with gettin base Broly that can turn SS or two iterations of Toppo.

Time for XV3 I think.