Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:34 pm

And there we go. Finally something goes right in this world. Here's to hoping removing guys like Vic won't be so painful in the future, eh?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:59 pm Beard just posted ‘Halftime’.

https://twitter.com/tybeard10/status/11 ... 30145?s=21

Dude, you lost. Just stop.
He won't as long as there's money to be grifted. Maybe seeing the cost of attorneys' fees and sanctions will scare Vic off that idea, but I wouldn't count on it.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, our long national nightmare is over!
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:16 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:21 pm The decision came down a few minutes ago. All of the remaining claims were dismissed. And as a little extra icing on the cake, Screech got himself suspended from Twitter after a meltdown yesterday.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/statu ... 5159209984
Who is Screech?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:16 pm

I remember the Great War of 2019. It was long and fraught with Hellish tunes but at least the world is a little bit gayer with its end.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:38 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:16 pm I remember the Great War of 2019. It was long and fraught with Hellish tunes but at least the world is a little bit gayer with its end.
The world is indeed a happier place now, isn't it :) ?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:17 pm

Do they have any legitimate grounds of appeal or is it just all bullshit?

Because seriously, would rather this didn't continue to drag out.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:26 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:16 pm
BlueBasilisk wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:21 pm The decision came down a few minutes ago. All of the remaining claims were dismissed. And as a little extra icing on the cake, Screech got himself suspended from Twitter after a meltdown yesterday.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/statu ... 5159209984
Who is Screech?
Zack Morris's best friend?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:28 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:17 pm Do they have any legitimate grounds of appeal or is it just all bullshit?

They don’t

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:42 pm

More like Dick Mignogna

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:48 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:16 pm Who is Screech?
It's a nickname for Rekieta.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:04 pm

So it's finally over?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:15 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:17 pm Do they have any legitimate grounds of appeal or is it just all bullshit?
So, here's the thing with appeals... They're not a "do-over". They're just "did the judge make the correct decision, based on what was presented to him?". Ty's stuck with his same filings. Ty's stuck with the same lack of evidence. Nothing the defendants do in the future matters; only the stuff they did during the past 9 months. The ONLY thing Ty can do is present himself, and the "case", better than he did in Chupp's court.

In other words, "no", they do not have grounds for appeal. The Defendants have the high ground, and this appeal is gonna cost Vic an arm & two legs.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:15 pm this appeal is gonna cost Vic an arm & two legs.
That's pretty steep. Maybe he can barter, you know, still lose an arm and a leg, but keep one leg at the cost of an entire little brother? Hmm. Something to ponder perhaps.

I jest, but oh man, I can't help but be thrilled after reading all this news once I got home from work. My faith in humanity has still plummeted quite a bit throughout this whole ordeal, but now it can be at least a little bit restored.

And the best part? Tomorrow is apparently Monica Rial's birthday. Talk about a great birthday gift. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:18 pm

It's downright incredible to see the people on Beard's twitter post that are still sticking beside him. Some others have responded mocking Beard, only for people to respond to them along the lines of 'I used to respect you' etc.

How are people so devoted to this sinking ship?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:16 am

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:15 pm
So, here's the thing with appeals... They're not a "do-over". They're just "did the judge make the correct decision, based on what was presented to him?". Ty's stuck with his same filings. Ty's stuck with the same lack of evidence. Nothing the defendants do in the future matters; only the stuff they did during the past 9 months. The ONLY thing Ty can do is present himself, and the "case", better than he did in Chupp's court.

In other words, "no", they do not have grounds for appeal. The Defendants have the high ground, and this appeal is gonna cost Vic an arm & two legs.
From my understanding ofAus law, the only grounds for appeal are surfacing of new evidence, or an appeal on a point of law.

That true for Texas?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:39 am

Saiga wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:18 pm It's downright incredible to see the people on Beard's twitter post that are still sticking beside him. Some others have responded mocking Beard, only for people to respond to them along the lines of 'I used to respect you' etc.

How are people so devoted to this sinking ship?
Same way some women were devoted to Ted Bundy's innocence, I guess. They wouldn't accept reality until Bundy literally admitted to everything in court.

Till then, they were hooked.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:44 am

Kinokima wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:28 pm
They don’t
When has that ever mattered to them??

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:07 am

KBABZ wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:44 am
Kinokima wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:28 pm
They don’t
When has that ever mattered to them??
Of course it doesn’t matter to them. Nick and Ty will keep saying there is a chance. Got to keep the GFM grift going as long as possible. And there are plenty of people on the other side who believe them. I’ve even see ppl say this will go to the Supreme Court lol.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:57 pm

OMG Look at this!

Vic Stans: Once Toei gets a hold of this drama they will fire that Monica Bitch FOR SURE!

Toei Animation: Lol No. Eat shit. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!!!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: