Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:58 pm

Brikikoz wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:40 pm One thing Multiverse has done well is making King Kold into an interesting threat.

Toriyama made a mistake in making him a Worf-affect one-shot just to show how cool Trunks is.
Define 'interesting', so far he's just been Frieza, but bigger.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:14 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:46 pm

OhHiRenan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:36 am This chapter has been dreadful so far. The coloring just makes the already unpleasant character models look like plastic and the action is really bad, even for DBM standards.
Unfortunately, like 99% of fanmangas, a lot of the shots are traced so they seem slightly off-model.

Generally speaking DBM doesn't trace when it's Asura or artists doing their own style in specials, but sometimes a few sneak by when they try to emulate Toriyama.
coola wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:14 pm Image
Good art of Cold there, they got the coloring on point this time.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:16 am

No one else is really relavent power wise unless he wounds Cold down to the point they can jump in.

So I really don't see how they can win if Cold transforms...

Maybe it's some full power warp kamehamha or something taking him off guard... Maybe he bfr's cold to another planet and trains more for cold....

Final cold was 16 level but that was Ginyu cold after implied training.

Not really sure how they will end this...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:00 pm

You know the concept of King Cold being able to transform is cool and all, but when we remember that he didn't do it in the original it makes all really stupid.

I don't remember if Daizenshuu or any official guide has ever made a statement about Cold having transformations, if that so... Why he wasted time supposing that Trunks's power origin was from his sword?

For me his existence is a mistake, Freeza don't need to have a dad, we could have Trunks defeating him all good without Cold, that won't change a damn thing.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Noah wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:00 pm You know the concept of King Cold being able to transform is cool and all, but when we remember that he didn't do it in the original it makes all really stupid.

I don't remember if Daizenshuu or any official guide has ever made a statement about Cold having transformations, if that so... Why he wasted time supposing that Trunks's power origin was from his sword?

For me his existence is a mistake, Freeza don't need to have a dad, we could have Trunks defeating him all good without Cold, that won't change a damn thing.
Trunks wouldn't have allowed Cold to transform. He's not as stupid as his dad. He allowed Cold to borrow his sword, but only to prove how big the gap between them was. I imagine if Cold attempted to transform, Trunks would have sliced him in two rather than wait and give him a chance.

As for whether or not Cold could transform, remember that Frieza preferred to use his weaker forms because the higher forms were too strong to keep in check for daily use. Nowadays, after training, he prefers his Final Form because he learned how to control it. Cold likely used his Second Form by default for similar reasons. It was strong enough for most situations, and more easy to control than his later forms. It is reasonable to assume that he and his son would have similar transformative abilities, especially now that we have Frost in the picture.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:12 pm

In a post-Dragon Ball Super world, I think we can safely assume that King Cold was "always" in his second form.

But I just struggle to believe that was Toriyama's intent. We know so little about Cold, and transformations weren't as common place yet, so I think it's safe to assume that Freeza's second form deliberately modeled after King Cold. RoF basically confirmed that Freeza can design his own forms, after all.

Then again, the very next arc would show Frost in three of Freeza's signature form, so whatever. It's difficult to tell what the logic is behind some decisions in Dragon Ball.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:29 pm

OhHiRenan wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:12 pm In a post-Dragon Ball Super world, I think we can safely assume that King Cold was "always" in his second form.

But I just struggle to believe that was Toriyama's intent. We know so little about Cold, and transformations weren't as common place yet, so I think it's safe to assume that Freeza's second form deliberately modeled after King Cold. RoF basically confirmed that Freeza can design his own forms, after all.

Then again, the very next arc would show Frost in three of Freeza's signature form, so whatever. It's difficult to tell what the logic is behind some decisions in Dragon Ball.
Until some official answer comes, which at this point seems highly unlikely, I assume that everyone in Frieza's race has the same transformations. While I like the idea of Golden Frieza being consciously modeled after Goku's Super Saiyan form, I will not be surprised if Frost got Golden form (assuming he comes back).

Of course, the Frieza race characters in Heroes and Xenoverse don't have five transformations, but just one form plus Golden form. In the case of Xenoverse, at least, this is likely because it was easier to do than give every CaC every single form. Perhaps Frieza's family is special, and Frost just happens to be an alternate dimension Frieza with the same powers, but I feel like that's just a convenient excuse for the games.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:32 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:29 pm
OhHiRenan wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:12 pm In a post-Dragon Ball Super world, I think we can safely assume that King Cold was "always" in his second form.

Until some official answer comes, which at this point seems highly unlikely, I assume that everyone in Frieza's race has the same transformations. While I like the idea of Golden Frieza being consciously modeled after Goku's Super Saiyan form, I will not be surprised if Frost got Golden form (assuming he comes back).

Of course, the Frieza race characters in Heroes and Xenoverse don't have five transformations, but just one form plus Golden form. In the case of Xenoverse, at least, this is likely because it was easier to do than give every CaC every single form. Perhaps Frieza's family is special, and Frost just happens to be an alternate dimension Frieza with the same powers, but I feel like that's just a convenient excuse for the games.
instead of Frost getting golden, he'll get blue. and then his 6th form with be Blue evolution. :lol:

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Gohan is drawn so ugly in this special..rest characters look ok (Except maybe Cold in his current form, his face expressions and noises make me think he is guest character from 18+ hentai...)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:17 pm

coola wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:02 pm (Except maybe Cold in his current form, his face expressions and noises make me think he is guest character from 18+ hentai...)
I know right?!! :lol: I get tempted to post these pages in the sexy thread...
coola wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:02 pm Image
So, I guess Vegeta is going to earn his keep finally. I wonder what his plan will be, let alone why he couldn't do it until now.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:34 pm

I love this special.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:57 pm

Vegeta is semi-bluffing to psyche out Cold.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:14 pm

coola wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:02 pm
It appears Anime Labs Vegeta is back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El2KSY9oVhA
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Hmm...Vegeta probably could have flown back to Capsule Corp, get onto one of the space pods, and gtfo. Kold can't sense energy, and unlike Freeza he wouldn't have a hard on for Vegeta so unless Vegeta catches his eye, I doubt Kold would notice.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:50 pm

Meh.

Its literally the Goku/Vegeta fight in the Saiyan Saga. Just giving Cold all the dominant scenes.