Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:11 am

Saiga wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:49 pm Glass, actually.

Gotta say I laughed at Zamasu being punked. With him being immortal it probably won't be the end of his role in this arc but I certainly wouldn't mind if it was. He really hasn't contributed anything to this arc.
If the problem is that he hasn't contributed to anything in this arc, the solution is to give him more screentime, not to get rid of him in 10 seconds...

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:30 am

Nah I'm definitely good with just getting rid of him. I still haven't seen any reason for him to be re-used here.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:53 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:59 pm Please tell me the upcoming episode won't follow the manga, because even though I don't have high expectations from a promotional anime, I'd rather not watch Zamasu get defeated in such a lame way. An ice block? Seriously? Yawn.
Lagss is already defeated in Anime (by Cooler) and also currently stuck in Universe 3, so things will happen differently.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:22 am

Saiga wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:30 am Nah I'm definitely good with just getting rid of him. I still haven't seen any reason for him to be re-used here.
I have to agree with you, for the moment. The next episode is about Zamasu, so that might change my view of the anime, but so far in both mediums Zamasu has not really been necessary in terms of the story. You could replace him with any other big villain and nothing would change.

I might change my opinion when the next episode drops though, since it's about Zamasu and he might finally get his chance to shine. Maybe he can show off a few new techniques he's got.
Lagss is already defeated in Anime (by Cooler) and also currently stuck in Universe 3, so things will happen differently.
Yes. I remember people were shitting on Lagss because she only appeared for like 2 minutes in the anime, which is why I was surprised she defeated Zamasu in this manga chapter (this is actually the first time I have seen the manga of Heroes, so I don't know if she plays a larger role here).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:58 pm

A rare moment when someone drops tears in an effort to do something. Probably what Dragon Ball needs just a bit: emotion. :)

Give this man a god title.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:16 pm

But emotion is something usual in Dragon Ball. I'm not sure about this manga, though, because I don't remember other scenes with people crying.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:21 pm

I don't remember any in Dragon Ball Super, not like this. By the way, here Trunks succeeds in saving Kaioshin of Time, giving more weight to the moment and emotion.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Yeah, but is hard to feel something. It's more like "Hey, now he's crying. Ok, cool", instead of "Wow, what an amazing moment, you can feel the tension here!".

And I don't understand why you cited specifically DB Super, but okay: Trunks cried at least two times in the anime (one time in the manga, I think), Goku cried a little one time and we can't forget Zamasu, but he is a special case.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:11 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm Yeah, but is hard to feel something. It's more like "Hey, now he's crying. Ok, cool", instead of "Wow, what an amazing moment, you can feel the tension here!".

And I don't understand why you cited specifically DB Super, but okay: Trunks cried at least two times in the anime (one time in the manga, I think), Goku cried a little one time and we can't forget Zamasu, but he is a special case.
Yeah. How could we ever forget Zamasu!

As rushed as episode 66 was, I felt so many emotions the first time I watched it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:41 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm Yeah, but is hard to feel something. It's more like "Hey, now he's crying. Ok, cool", instead of "Wow, what an amazing moment, you can feel the tension here!".
Nah. It's more of the latter to me. These moments always hit me. Hell, one of my favorite moments is from Movie 4 where Goku cries due to Android 8's death and he mercilessly kills that Red Ribbon guy with the most glorious Kamehameha in history. :)
SSJgogeto wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pmAnd I don't understand why you cited specifically DB Super, but okay: Trunks cried at least two times in the anime (one time in the manga, I think), Goku cried a little one time and we can't forget Zamasu, but he is a special case.
Because it's the most recent series we got. Don't remember any of the examples you gave. Merged Zamasu cried in a very different context. He doesn't count.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Trunks cried in the begining of "Future Trunks" arc (Black killed his mother) and in the end (when Gohan appeared). Goku cried in Tournament of Power when he thought Roshi was dead (Krillin cried too).

Goku's Kamehameha in the movie is at least in my top 10. Is a good scene, but the overpowered Goku kind of ruins it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:24 pm

I specifically said "not like this", which obviously imply I'm referring to a certain type of emotion, one that the character drops some tears, tries to do something right away (Trunks cries, rushes torward Kaioshin of Time and breaks her out of the mind control) and accomplishes. All the examples you provided don't fit my specification. Anyway.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:22 am

Well I think this it for Zamasu.

I honestly thought he was gonna come back somehow, but after today's episode we can forget about him.

His end made sense in the anime. Defeated by the big deal, very Dragon Ball style.

The manga handled it horribly.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:21 pm
Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:51 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:18 pm Good thing this thing isn't canon, because it's revealed that Zamasu is still alive due to his immortality... but that makes no sense because immortality doesn't mean jack if ZENO erases you.

Anyway, FP Kamioren one-shots GoD Toppo, yet Jiren literally crushes him effortlessly. So the gap's huuuuuge.

You do know that higher types of immortality like that is a thing in fiction right? In DC and Marvel beings get erased all the time but can still return
This isn't Marvel or DC. If the King of All erases you, there's nothing you can do.
It's not exclusive to Marvel or DC or any comic company, it's happened in other manga and anime related medua. Apparently that's not the case since Zamasu came back

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:36 am

Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:21 pm
Majin Demigra wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:51 pm

You do know that higher types of immortality like that is a thing in fiction right? In DC and Marvel beings get erased all the time but can still return
This isn't Marvel or DC. If the King of All erases you, there's nothing you can do.
It's not exclusive to Marvel or DC or any comic company, it's happened in other manga and anime related medua. Apparently that's not the case since Zamasu came back
It's not canon anyway. It's fan service.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:36 am

That has to be one of the most cringiest (and inaccurate) reply to a conversation ever. :?

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:08 pm

This show is much better than gt or super. I don't understand why people complain when its just fan service and not meant to be taken seriously. Its cool for what it is.

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Nokra wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:08 pm This show is much better than gt or super. I don't understand why people complain when its just fan service and not meant to be taken seriously. Its cool for what it is.
Not really it’s not even well done fan service

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:30 pm

Block88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:40 pm
Nokra wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:08 pm This show is much better than gt or super. I don't understand why people complain when its just fan service and not meant to be taken seriously. Its cool for what it is.
Not really it’s not even well done fan service
and gt or super were "well done fan service" to you?

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:24 pmI specifically said "not like this", which obviously imply I'm referring to a certain type of emotion, one that the character drops some tears, tries to do something right away (Trunks cries, rushes torward Kaioshin of Time and breaks her out of the mind control) and accomplishes. All the examples you provided don't fit my specification. Anyway.
Well, the thing is, in my vision Trunks are crying because of the situation, so this moment isn't really different from the others that I mentioned before.