Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:19 am

MisteryOne wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 am Hit truly scared Zamasu more than Jiren. :D
This is probably the funniest thing about the episode for me. Without proper context anyone would think that Hit is the big deal out of the three main hitters or whatever you want to call the Goku-Hit-Jiren trio, despite he being pretty much the weakest and less important of them in most media :lol:

I still don't get why Heroes bothered to bring back Zamasu in the first place (outside of fanservice of course, but that's Heroes' point most of the time anyways) and I still find Hearts' new design kinda boring but I liked the "Godslayer" scene. Now, just please have the balls to have him face a Hakaishin even if it isn't Beerus, otherwise this will still lack true meaning for me. I mean, the only reason this whole thing got to this point is because all 12 of them are too busy to bother to try to stop the Core Area warriors. And I thought the FT arc was way too convinient...

Anyways, I'm curious about how Zamasu will go down in the arcade. The most interesting part for me is how the different media are handling this story, with differences being as drastic as having certain characters die only in the anime, or Goku not having used UI in the manga yet (while he has already used it in this anime and iirc he is still in the form when Hearts transforms in the arcade version). Do we know when will we get the next episode yet?
I think the trio will defeat Hearts somehow.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:35 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:07 am
MisteryOne wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 am Hit truly scared Zamasu more than Jiren. :D
This is probably the funniest thing about the episode for me. Without proper context anyone would think that Hit is the big deal out of the three main hitters or whatever you want to call the Goku-Hit-Jiren trio, despite he being pretty much the weakest and less important of them in most media :lol:

I still don't get why Heroes bothered to bring back Zamasu in the first place (outside of fanservice of course, but that's Heroes' point most of the time anyways) and I still find Hearts' new design kinda boring but I liked the "Godslayer" scene. Now, just please have the balls to have him face a Hakaishin even if it isn't Beerus, otherwise this will still lack true meaning for me. I mean, the only reason this whole thing got to this point is because all 12 of them are too busy to bother to try to stop the Core Area warriors. And I thought the FT arc was way too convinient...

Anyways, I'm curious about how Zamasu will go down in the arcade. The most interesting part for me is how the different media are handling this story, with differences being as drastic as having certain characters die only in the anime, or Goku not having used UI in the manga yet (while he has already used it in this anime and iirc he is still in the form when Hearts transforms in the arcade version). Do we know when will we get the next episode yet?
Uh Dude Goku did use UI in the SDBH Manga
Eh...no? In this arc he has never used it yet. Just Omen and it didn't last for long. But he has only used the proper form against Cumber in the Prison Planet arc.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:38 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:19 am Ohhh, so that's why they brought back Zamasu for this arc. He just served as a plot device to give Hearts immortality (between Zamasu and Garlic Jr., I too would chose Zamasu). Well, at least we learned what Zamasu's plan was. Plus it was nice seeing his Blades of Judgement in action again.

Sigh, this is what I get for expecting too much from a promotional anime.
He didn't?

I see nothing on any sub out there that implies Hearts took his immortality.

P.S. Man, I already miss Zamasu. Hopefully Super 2.0 brings him back somehow.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:22 am

Yay, the next episode is on the 27th October. It feels like the wait times are getting shorter actually :thumbup:

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:38 am

So most of the points have already been made. I always expected for a main antagonist that would force the strongest from all universes to gather and fight him, although I didn't place Hit there. It was nice, seeing him having his reputation restored.

I am a bit disappointed with what happened with Zamasu. From all people I expected him to not trust anyone, similarly to Freeza. So for this I would incorporate some of the Manga too. I mean, having Lagss return from U3 (she was alive) and stop Zamasu from stealing the Universe Seed or something while Hearts was focusing on gathering power. She glass freezes his arm, he goes berserk and knocks her down, but then Hearts turns around and does what he did in the anime. That would deliver some character development for the whole Core Area Warriors group imo. Anyway, seeing Zamasu actaully using his Halo form was a nice thing to see.

About Ultra Hearts (I think that Ultimate is being overused as a title), I kinda dig his design. What might be looking "bad" is the great diversity in color, when he already has a yellow/goldish theme. And yeah he reminds of of Omega lol. They kinda incorporated a possible Super Dragon Balls Shadow Dragons idea there which I had for a future arc, but it may only have been for inspiration.

At the moment, I can see enemies of Ultra Hearts' caliber being at least as strong as MUI, Blue Fusion and LB/SFP Jiren, with a max of 5 times those levels individually. Enough to be a threat that requires alliance, but really below Angels by a great margin, with a group of GoDs actually having a chance.

As for the Grand Priest. I don't want him to fight. And if he does it is early. The mystery surrounding him is great. No need for him to ever showcase his power. We just know, that no matter who is up against him, he will always win and I like that. Unless, as I said, if DB wants to behave like Marvel. Then we must wait for another 10 years imo with extra content lol.

I am kinda suspicious as to where Freeza has been this whole time, when the multiverse is shaking. We got Cooler, but seeing Freeza observing would make so much sense. Also, Fu. We kinda forgot about him apparently. No way he is stronger than Ultra Hearts and is manipulating him, but with his weird powers, you never know.

Random idea, it would be cool if Hearts somehow undid Merged Zamasu in Black and Zamasu and just trapped them in a dimension or something. You know, to see those 2 having different mindsets on the topic again and stuff.
P O W E R

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:38 am So most of the points have already been made. I always expected for a main antagonist that would force the strongest from all universes to gather and fight him, although I didn't place Hit there. It was nice, seeing him having his reputation restored.

I am a bit disappointed with what happened with Zamasu. From all people I expected him to not trust anyone, similarly to Freeza. So for this I would incorporate some of the Manga too. I mean, having Lagss return from U3 (she was alive) and stop Zamasu from stealing the Universe Seed or something while Hearts was focusing on gathering power. She glass freezes his arm, he goes berserk and knocks her down, but then Hearts turns around and does what he did in the anime. That would deliver some character development for the whole Core Area Warriors group imo. Anyway, seeing Zamasu actaully using his Halo form was a nice thing to see.

About Ultra Hearts (I think that Ultimate is being overused as a title), I kinda dig his design. What might be looking "bad" is the great diversity in color, when he already has a yellow/goldish theme. And yeah he reminds of of Omega lol. They kinda incorporated a possible Super Dragon Balls Shadow Dragons idea there which I had for a future arc, but it may only have been for inspiration.

At the moment, I can see enemies of Ultra Hearts' caliber being at least as strong as MUI, Blue Fusion and LB/SFP Jiren, with a max of 5 times those levels individually. Enough to be a threat that requires alliance, but really below Angels by a great margin, with a group of GoDs actually having a chance.

As for the Grand Priest. I don't want him to fight. And if he does it is early. The mystery surrounding him is great. No need for him to ever showcase his power. We just know, that no matter who is up against him, he will always win and I like that. Unless, as I said, if DB wants to behave like Marvel. Then we must wait for another 10 years imo with extra content lol.

I am kinda suspicious as to where Freeza has been this whole time, when the multiverse is shaking. We got Cooler, but seeing Freeza observing would make so much sense. Also, Fu. We kinda forgot about him apparently. No way he is stronger than Ultra Hearts and is manipulating him, but with his weird powers, you never know.

Random idea, it would be cool if Hearts somehow undid Merged Zamasu in Black and Zamasu and just trapped them in a dimension or something. You know, to see those 2 having different mindsets on the topic again and stuff.
Fuu is just minding his own business and watching everything.

In the manga it was revealed that he made a deal with the CAW and gave them the Universe Seed.

In the game he comes back to bring in Cooled but flees right away as he doesn't wanna meet Hearts.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:24 am

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:38 am
SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:19 am Ohhh, so that's why they brought back Zamasu for this arc. He just served as a plot device to give Hearts immortality (between Zamasu and Garlic Jr., I too would chose Zamasu). Well, at least we learned what Zamasu's plan was. Plus it was nice seeing his Blades of Judgement in action again.

He didn't?

Because he says this:

There's not really much room for interpretation. Unless he meant something like "Thank you for buying time for my transformation with your immortal tanking abilities, but I don't need you defending me anymore". Again, I assume that what Hearts was trying to do towards the end of the episode was taking Zamasu's immortality for his own, but I might be wrong. I'm trying to think of a story reason for why, of all villains, they chose to bring back specifically Zamasu.

But again, I am starting from the assumption that this is the end of Zamasu. If Zamasu still has his immortality, then I don't see how Hearts could destroy him when not even Zeno could. If Zamasu is still alive (which I doubt, because the prison containing him vanished into nothingness), then I could see him breaking free in a future episode. Maybe he could serve as an ally against Hearts.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:30 am

ZombieVito wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:20 pmWhat do you mean? Did he get erase already?
I mean in the arcade version.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Pretty bad episode but with great ending. I'm glad they killed off that pseudo god quickly so we could focus on real threat of this arc. Heart's new form looks cool except for that golden glow which is a bit meh. I'm still waiting for Laggs to return. Also i hope Jiren won't stay there for long. I mean it's still better to see him than Zamasu in any form but it's another boring DBS antagonist returning in this arc even though he is on Goku's side now. I don't mind Hit tho. His character makes pretty good ally.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:49 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:24 am
ZombieVito wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:38 am

He didn't?

Because he says this:

There's not really much room for interpretation. Unless he meant something like "Thank you for buying time for my transformation with your immortal tanking abilities, but I don't need you defending me anymore". Again, I assume that what Hearts was trying to do towards the end of the episode was taking Zamasu's immortality for his own, but I might be wrong. I'm trying to think of a story reason for why, of all villains, they chose to bring back specifically Zamasu.

But again, I am starting from the assumption that this is the end of Zamasu. If Zamasu still has his immortality, then I don't see how Hearts could destroy him when not even Zeno could. If Zamasu is still alive (which I doubt, because the prison containing him vanished into nothingness), then I could see him breaking free in a future episode. Maybe he could serve as an ally against Hearts.
I watched many subs and all of them gave me the impression that he just wanted a shield.

He's still alive on the manga so maybe he does come back but I doubt it.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:08 pm

I watched many subs and all of them gave me the impression that he just wanted a shield.

He's still alive on the manga so maybe he does come back but I doubt it.
Yes, I suppose that's a possibility. I do hope he comes back. While I do enjoy that he was finally in the spotlight in episode 16, I still want to see more of him.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm

From the get go, Heroes seemed to be closing in on GoD tier, Cumber trashing Blue fusion, and having even stronger people around him (Laggs, Hearts) made me think that sooner than later Beerus or Champa or some other GoD would actually show up and fight all out.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm From the get go, Heroes seemed to be closing in on GoD tier, Cumber trashing Blue fusion, and having even stronger people around him (Laggs, Hearts) made me think that sooner than later Beerus or Champa or some other GoD would actually show up and fight all out.
Lagss isn't stronger than Cumber in the anime. She defeats base Goku (Hearts made him lose UI Omen), has trouble with Ssj Trunks and gets totally ripped apart by Metal Cooler.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:12 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm From the get go, Heroes seemed to be closing in on GoD tier, Cumber trashing Blue fusion, and having even stronger people around him (Laggs, Hearts) made me think that sooner than later Beerus or Champa or some other GoD would actually show up and fight all out.
Lagss isn't stronger than Cumber in the anime. She defeats base Goku (Hearts made him lose UI Omen), has trouble with Ssj Trunks and gets totally ripped apart by Metal Cooler.
Hmm, I should re-watch that fight, I could swear it was Omen Goku against Laggs.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:27 am

hearts looks like an attempt at one piece villain but much more bland ... I don't even remember what he wants ... or did he say it at some point?

What bothers me is not the short of the series in 8 minutes ..
it's not the mindless of mixing continuities
and neither does humiliation to villains (zamasu)

is that despite the terrible than is handled.
the thing that the idea of gathering warriors from other universes fighting against an enemy is very good ... it is the worst of all wasted here because I can not enjoy the story in a video game of the Same way as in traditional anime.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:50 am

I've been thinking about it for one day and I can say that Godslayer Hearts' feats are UNBELIEVABLE, they go far beyond anything we've ever seen.

First off, his power worries the Grand Priest. Nobody managed to do that.

And more importantly, he literally ERASED an immortal being. His power is higher than Super Shenron's then. This is something only Zeno managed to do. 

Maybe Hearts is still weaker than Zeno. Probably. But he easily erased an immortal being like he was nothing.

If they don't nerf him in the next episodes, we have here the strongest being in all Dragon Ball.

PS: of course he isn't canon, but still...

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:19 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:50 am I've been thinking about it for one day and I can say that Godslayer Hearts' feats are UNBELIEVABLE, they go far beyond anything we've ever seen.

And more importantly, he literally ERASED an immortal being. His power is higher than Super Shenron's then. This is something only Zeno managed to do. 

Maybe Hearts is still weaker than Zeno. Probably. But he easily erased an immortal being like he was nothing.

If they don't nerf him in the next episodes, we have here the strongest being in all Dragon Ball.

I don't think he erased Zamasu, it looked like he more absorbed or ate Zamasu with the cubes,
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:23 am

Kanassa wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:19 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:50 am I've been thinking about it for one day and I can say that Godslayer Hearts' feats are UNBELIEVABLE, they go far beyond anything we've ever seen.

I don't think he erased Zamasu, it looked like he more absorbed or ate Zamasu with the cubes,
Those cubes erase things.
Either way, Zamasu is dead and won't come back.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:12 am

Is Daishinkan necessarily 'worried' just because he took notice of the transformation?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:12 am Is Daishinkan necessarily 'worried' just because he took notice of the transformation?
Not necessarily, No. I did not even notice that the Grand Priest reacted after Zamasu's defeat. He could just be curious/intrigued that another mortal reached the levels of Goku and Jiren.