Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:33 pm

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. Beard is definitely losing his license.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:43 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:00 pm Sheesh. It really is all just a game to Nick and his closest supporters, isn't it?
Judge Chupp said it best: we don't live in an anime cartoon. (Just look at the dude comparing this to an RTS game.)

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:05 pm

"Kamehacon wasn't threatened"

Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:21 am

I wish I could say I was surprised, but I don't think many of us are at this point really. Even though Vic's turned out to be a massive asshole who, on top of thinking he can do whatever he wants to people (especially women) because he's who he is, also couldn't give less of a crap about his fans, I still almost feel bad for him as he's had what has to be the absolute worst legal team in the world.

Key word being "almost" though.

Here's hoping Beard does lose his license, and hopefully Rekieta gets dropkicked back to wherever the hell he came out of. Speaking of, I don't know if it's been mentioned here already or not, but apparently his Twitter has been banned for a good little while now. From what I understand, right before the dismissal came out, he had a meltdown that was basically just begging for a Twitter ban. Probably knew what was about to come down and didn't want to be around when people naturally started asking questions. I'd imagine he'll play this all off as a 'tragedy', and 'clearly we're gonna appeal and get em in round two!' whenever he does return though.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:08 am

People bemoan the mention of politics in here, but that ruse is straight out of the Republican playbook. Page 1, really. Nick comes off as the kind of guy who wants to be some kind of player.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:17 am

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 pm White cishet men never have to face consequences for how they treat women so they'd come to dehumanize women and forgotten how to emphasize with fellow human beings.
Can we not with this nonsense?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:19 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:17 am
JulieYBM wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 pm White cishet men never have to face consequences for how they treat women so they'd come to dehumanize women and forgotten how to emphasize with fellow human beings.
It's not nonsense and you're the one replying to a six day old post, sweetie. ♥
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:38 am

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:19 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:17 am
It's not nonsense and you're the one replying to a six day old post, sweetie. ♥
Yes, it is. I dont check every thread every day, apologies for not replying earlier "sweetie" :roll:

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:43 am

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 pm Pretty much. White cishet men never have to face consequences for how they treat women so they'd come to dehumanize women and forgotten how to emphasize with fellow human beings. I can guarantee you not a single one of these assholes have ever stopped to think about how it must feel to be a woman in an industry, State, nation and world so clearly built by and for white cishet men to fulfill the needs and whims of white cishet men.
This whole statement is incredibly offensive and straight up false.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:50 am

Sweeping generalised statements have never been welcome on this website. Let's keep that in mind.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:49 pm

Ajay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:50 am Sweeping generalised statements have never been welcome on this website. Let's keep that in mind.
The 'never' is hyperbole on my part but I'm sticking by my general sentiment that there is a tremendous bias in favor white cishet men, especially where crimes against women and other minorities are concerned. That's not a ridiculous statement divorced from reality.

At least 98% (that's hyperbole) of Vic Mignogna supporters are trolls and the remaining 2% are True Believers. I have no problem calling the trolls rotten and at this point if you're still a True Believer who thinks this is all a conspiracy against Mignogna...well, yeah, I should show my age and shy away from being impolite here.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:25 pm

By the way, Nick Rekieta's Twitter account got suspended. I wish I could say I was surprised. The dude's VERY unprofessional & someone Vic shouldn't have hired as his attorney. Apparently it was over him calling someone a "fat cuck" as pointed out by this account here https://twitter.com/fredjfrancis/status ... 7282694144. Why did Vic think hiring this guy was a good idea again?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:55 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:49 pm The 'never' is hyperbole on my part but I'm sticking by my general sentiment that there is a tremendous bias in favor white cishet men, especially where crimes against women and other minorities are concerned. That's not a ridiculous statement divorced from reality.
I'm pretty sure the hyperbole was all anyone was really concerned with about the statement, so long as we're not looking at a "white privilege isn't real you cuck"-type here.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:25 pm By the way, Nick Rekieta's Twitter account got suspended. I wish I could say I was surprised. The dude's VERY unprofessional & someone Vic shouldn't have hired as his attorney. Apparently it was over him calling someone a "fat cuck" as pointed out by this account here https://twitter.com/fredjfrancis/status ... 7282694144. Why did Vic think hiring this guy was a good idea again?
Because Nick told him what he wanted to hear, and the two other lawyers Vic tried didn't. They both refused the case, before Nick finally reached out to Vic.

Course, I think the Risembool Rangers told us this, framing it as them "not being up to the task"... But I think we can read between the lines. I'll edit this if I find that wasn't true, but, that's what I heard.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:05 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:04 pm Because Nick told him what he wanted to hear, and the two other lawyers Vic tried didn't. They both refused the case, before Nick finally reached out to Vic.

Course, I think the Risembool Rangers told us this, framing it as them "not being up to the task"... But I think we can read between the lines. I'll edit this if I find that wasn't true, but, that's what I heard.
Yeah. That guy was sucking Vic's dick HARD to become his lawyer. I get Vic wanted recourse for something he felt he needed it for, but he really should've just tried to mend the relationships or just let it be rather than sue these people. It's no wonder they came to an impasse & the judge dismissed all of the cases. But, apparently, they're going to appeal from what I've seen. Why? You have more to lose than gain! Vic could easily move to LA & get gigs out there like he's been doing. As long as he doesn't act anymore like a dick, he could still have a career in voice acting if he did that. It would probably be slow to start, but I imagine someone with his career could bounce back. I mean, he didn't get blacklisted, he just got fired from a company he worked for.
This all didn't need to happen in regards to the lawsuit. But, no going back now.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:34 pm

General reminder that YouTube-drinking-screamy-man is not Vic's actual incompetent lawyer, and is instead a more different incompetent lawyer, but they're all in bed with each others' payrolls anyway so ultimately whatever it's all kind of a wash of ridiculousness.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:34 pm General reminder that YouTube-drinking-screamy-man is not Vic's actual incompetent lawyer, and is instead a more different incompetent lawyer, but they're all in bed with each others' payrolls anyway so ultimately whatever it's all kind of a wash of ridiculousness.
I wonder if that is intentional or just a happy result of their incompetence? Something that the Alt-Right and Trump himself do is repeat loudly with so much conviction that they turn a straightforward win for their foes into a wash. The Beard-Rekieta nonsense is so densely layered that it's enough to make anyone give up. Exhaust your foe until they gice up and have no chance of swaying the public opinion to their side. It's disgusting.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:34 pm General reminder that YouTube-drinking-screamy-man is not Vic's actual incompetent lawyer, and is instead a more different incompetent lawyer, but they're all in bed with each others' payrolls anyway so ultimately whatever it's all kind of a wash of ridiculousness.
Right, but he owns the law firm that's representing Vic, right? And he adamantly defends him & tries to defame or discredit anyone with unrelated things (like the leaked blooper & outtake audio that was made almost 20 years ago, which he related to how Vic was fired, even though the 2 weren't related whatsoever only because of them being about people who made others uncomfortable, but with different intents & that one party didn't intend to release theirs & the other purposefully did the things he did in public) & whatnot. Plus, he's been presenting himself as the guy who's been helping him with this case. It's confusing.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:12 pm

When will the suit ever ends.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:12 pm When will the suit ever ends.
its over now.