Goku and Gohan should've been Vegans

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Goku and Gohan should've been Vegans

Post by DestructoDisc » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:57 pm

They constantly say many times that they hate watching innocents get hurt. By that logic, shouldn't they also hate the fact that thousands of innocent animals get killed and turned into food? This makes them hypocrites! Humans getting killed is bad, but animals that didn't do anything wrong to anyone getting killed is okay? Toriyama should've made Goku and Gohan vegans.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Goku and Gohan should've been Vegans

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:11 pm

So what you're saying, people that eat meat want others to get hurt.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:24 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:11 pm So what you're saying, people that eat meat want others to get hurt.
No. What i'm saying is that people who eat meat have no problem with innocent animals getting killed and turned into food. Goku and Gohan said many times that they hate innocents getting hurt. Yet they're fine with animals getting killed, heck they killed some innocent fish themselves. They should've been vegans.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:38 pm

I don't know whether I should take this topic seriously and whether I should talk about it in-universe-wise, but anyway, veganism had not been widely known in Japan until only a few years ago.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:50 pm

Ah my bad, so you're saying, people that eat meat don't mind animal abuse :think: You should rethink that.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Small sacrifices are necessary should million if not billions of lives are at stake

In this case, Goku & Gohan replenishing their energies by eating whatver food available at Mt Paozu (Giant fishes seems primary food source🤣🤣🤣) in order to prevent catastrophy be it Saiyan, Frieza, Cell, Majin Boo, Baby, Super 17, S. Dragons

Making them vegan would lead to iron-deficiency anemia & lookin at the rate of blood loss our warriors normally experience in battle, they wouldn't be able to sustain their muscular, super-amped states very long. Trust me. The last thing you'd ever want is watchin ur fav Goku or Gohan catchin their breaths in less than 1 min into a fight cuz blood loss & fatigue😂😂😂

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Instead of fighting Cell they could just bore him to death by talking about their new Vegan Lifestyle. Great idea!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:42 pm

I think the OP doesnt really know Goku at all...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:18 pm

I feel like this is a troll post.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Even though I’m guessing we’re not supposed to take this thread seriously, it does raise an interesting point. Since there are sentient anthropomorphic animals in the world of Dragon Ball, where exactly do people like Goku draw the line? Come to think of it, Goku did eat a talking fish at the beginning of the series, and he was considering eating Turtle. That’s not even getting into the fact that Yaijrobe ate one of King Piccolo’s children. Would it be legal to eat Oolong?

Still, that seems more like a discussion for the In-Universe board.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:24 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:30 pm Even though I’m guessing we’re not supposed to take this thread seriously, it does raise an interesting point. Since there are sentient anthropomorphic animals in the world of Dragon Ball, where exactly do people like Goku draw the line? Come to think of it, Goku did eat a talking fish at the beginning of the series, and he was considering eating Turtle. That’s not even getting into the fact that Yaijrobe ate one of King Piccolo’s children. Would it be legal to eat Oolong?

Still, that seems more like a discussion for the In-Universe board.
I don't know if it would be illegal, but it would be immoral to eat a person, even if it's an anthropomorphized one. It's also quite the stretch to say he considered eating Turtle. Lastly, given Piccolo's children are demons and evil, I'm not crying foul over Yajirobe consuming them.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:55 pm

This smells like a troll thread
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:09 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:18 pm I feel like this is a troll post.
It's not. I really do think Goku and Gohan should've been vegans.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:11 pm

TheBigBoy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:15 pm Instead of fighting Cell they could just bore him to death by talking about their new Vegan Lifestyle. Great idea!
Maybe they can convince Cell to also become vegan. Then again, does Cell even need to eat to stay alive?

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:32 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:09 pm
Your premise is that people who are altruistic shouldn't be eating meat. You're either trolling or have some cartoonishly absurd views of morality that you're trying to push on everyone, which is a discussion that I don't think people are interested in having.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:32 pm
Your premise is that people who are altruistic shouldn't be eating meat. You're either trolling or have some cartoonishly absurd views of morality that you're trying to push on everyone, which is a discussion that I don't think people are interested in having.
Point he is missing is Goku & Gohan aren't even altruistic.
Both fight for selfish reasons sugar-coated by AT in the name of "saving or protecting Chikyuu & minna"🤣🤣🤣
As much as I like both of them, let's do little analysis
1. RRA Arc: Goku demolished the regime as they murdered Bora & came across Goku's way too often

2. Piccolo Arc: Goku wanted revenge for Krillin, Roshi

3. Saiyan Arc: Goku wanna save Gohan frm Raditz & later his F&F against Veggie & Nappa

4. Namek & Frieza Arc: Selfish reasons to gather Namekians DB's & revive their friends. And Goku & Gohan were determined to fight whatever may come in their path till fckin Frieza...

Too tired to do Cell & Boo Arc but you get the point...I'm not saying Goku & Gohan are selfish mfkers like Veggie...but they def aren't altruistic & to say they should be vegans is hilarious

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:19 pm

Vijay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 pm
Both fight for selfish reasons sugar-coated by AT in the name of "saving or protecting Chikyuu & minna"🤣🤣🤣
1. RRA Arc: Goku demolished the regime as they murdered Bora & came across Goku's way too often

3. Saiyan Arc: Goku wanna save Gohan frm Raditz & later his F&F against Veggie & Nappa

4. Namek & Frieza Arc: Selfish reasons to gather Namekians DB's & revive their friends. And Goku & Gohan were determined to fight whatever may come in their path till fckin Frieza...

Too tired to do Cell & Boo Arc but you get the point...I'm not saying Goku & Gohan are selfish mfkers like Veggie...but they def aren't altruistic & to say they should be vegans is hilarious
That better not be blaming Toriyama. Because he didnt say that they were heroic at all, he didnt sugarcoat anything.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:32 pm

Well the Saiyan race is named after vegetables...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:37 pm

Ignoring that this is a troll post, I'm sure Goku wouldnt even know what a vegan is. And I think Gohan just wouldnt care.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:19 pm
Vijay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 pm

That better not be blaming Toriyama. Because he didnt say that they were heroic at all, he didnt sugarcoat anything.
It wasn't a blame. Sugar-coat in that post was intended to be in good faith.

Even Fat Boo's mass murdering can be said as sugar-coated when he turned mass civilians into candy/cookies.